Does anyone zig-zag their calories?

Lozzy Gozzy

Silver Member
I'm starting to confuse myself with calorie counting now...

1. I don't have a clue why I chose 1200 calories! I really should have chosen more in the first place! How did you all chose how many calories to have??

and

2. Has anyone tried zig-zagging their calories, as in going low one day and higher the next?? But having the same average across the week?? If anyone has would they pretty please let me know and if it has worked for them??

I appreciate the advice muchly everyone as always! :)

x

I zig-zag and average out at about 1300 a day... seems to have worked for me so far!

I have around 1000-1400 on average....didnt choose too but when i add up my cals for the day it always falls between there!

I went on a website called food focus and it told me i should be having 1800 cals a day??!! Thats probably going back up to what i used to eat before dieting so i got all confused by that and im just sticking with my guns of 1000-1400 as it seems to be working!!

I always try to get my daily calories in between 1200 and 1400. Then I also work to a monthly average. I didn't really pick those figures, but that's what I seem to be able to survive on without getting hungry :)

When I want something that's rich in calories I'll "save up" for it. Doesn't really matter how I spread out my calories as long as I'm burning those 7000cals a week. That's what's so great about counting; you don't have to exclude certain types of food, anything goes :).

hi I never knew there was a name for it but I knew i was going to McD's with my kids after school on friday, so the night before a had a lower cal meal and on the friday normal breakfast of around 200 cals small lunch so I didn't feel to bad about having a Mcd meal on the friday evening..!!

Thanks for the advice everyone! :) It's reassuring to hear it works! Think I'll give it a try the week after next!

Hope everyone's well and having a lovely weekend! :D x

Back