Does black tea count as part of fluids?

Yes thanks abz, I know my counsellor told me loads of info but I dont take in info so well by listening. Reading is my way so I have been relying on the two books I was given and both give the same info on the fluid intake.

I have tried so hard to do everything by the book and resist some serious temptations so just feeling pretty annoyed that after 5 weeks the book was wrong!

Maybe the books should be withdrawn from cd counsellors until corrected. After all if someone drank just 2.25litres of black coffee a day as the book states is correct I'm sure it wouldnt be too good for their health!

But your right abz - no good crying over spilt milk - or water - or the lack of it even:rolleyes:

hee, lets all get glugging :D i've usually had a litre by now as my working day starts at 7 during the week, but 9 on a saturday so i'm a couple of hours behind, ha.

abz xx

thanks cd counsellor, our posts crossed again.

I do have the book you provided the link too but having read and re read it I find it hard to see where it says the 2.25 litres should come from water. page 3 states that you should have 2.25litres of fluids and says see below where it then lists water, tea, coffee etc as in the other book. It does however then go on to say tea or coffee can be taken in addition??? Really not particularly clear in the way it is written.

Anyway thanks for clarifying cd counsellor, I will get glugging and if I lose more this next week it will be bonus - or will I be miffed about what might of been the last few weeks..........

I guess I have had around 2 litres plain water a day anyway so I guess its not as though I drank only tea and coffee and no water:D

thanks again

Thanks Gilly28 but I cant stand sparkling water - the bubbles taste funny!

Must go drink some water too abz, only had banana tetra so far :rolleyes:- not been up too long though. Would of had some but got stuck on here.

Gee-gee - The reason I posted originally was confusion over the book I have (which is the same as yours - quote for quote) and what I've read on other threads. I'm glad it's sorted now and that we all are a bit clearer on the min. water to drink. Should we be placing bets on your horse to come flying up on the inside? I hope so. x

thankz minz! that made me chuckle:D. My own horse is certainly happier with a stone less on his back - so maybe we will have a flying finish now!

Yipeeeee - had week 3 WI earlier today and was thrilled to have lost 5lbs! I'm on SS+ so was hoping for 3lb (as I've been sticking to it rigidly - nothing like a looming holiday to get your A into gear), but to lose 5lbs made my day! Was grinning all day......in fact, still at it!

fab news minz. well done :D told you it wouldn't have made much of a difference. just think of what you can achieve if you get glugging :D

abz xx

Thanks Abz......was treating tea/coffee as extra fluids from the start, and glugging loads of water - find I'm really thirsty if I don't......

Back