Does everyone AAM every 5 weeks?...

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by cheekychops, 25 May 2008 Social URL.

1. cheekychops

cheekychops On a mission!

...or just keep ss'ing?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. goolian

goolian Fab & Fit For Florida

Diet:
    Slimming World
    what is AAM??

4. yvonne85

yvonne85 need to be old goofy me

Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Diet:
    my take on Atkins, will do it until i'm bored then go back onto WW methods.
    AAM = Add a Meal

Technically, i don't know if my reply counts as i've been an SS+er since the start, however i intend to keep going with it until my BMI hits its highest healthy range...

5. Frejja

Frejja Silver Member

AAM is add a meal which CDers are supposed to do every four weeks I think. I have to say I never did it but I came straight from LL where you didn't have to do it. I'd follow the advice of your CDC.

6. cheekychops

cheekychops On a mission!

I haven't looked into it much, but I'm a veggie and I think my options are cottage cheese and some veg. Based on that I'd rather just keep ss'ing.

7. SO MUCH TO LOSE!

SO MUCH TO LOSE! Must do it this time

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st11lb
    Lost(%):
    5st9lb(28.73%)
    Diet:
    CD ss+
    im on it just over 6 weeks and ive not added a meal,i think you have to add it after 12 weeks,
    elaine x

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

i am just on normal ss before ss+ came into action and i never did it, my cdc told me to do it one week after i was staying the same weight and hardly loosing anything and it helped

9. bluemoon

bluemoon Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante plus a meal
    I've just started week 5 and am doing an AAMW. I figured that this is the second and final time I do CD so I'm going to follow it to the letter (willpower remaining strong!!!) I am a bit nervous about it but I figure it's worked for others so it will work for me. Plus I can prove to myself that I can control what I eat which will be good for when I finish SS and start moving up the steps.

10. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No I am in my 8th week and I havent done it yet, they changed the rules, you can still do it every 5th week if you want but you dont have to do it till you have done 12 weeks on SS

11. Porgeous

Porgeous Chilling

Start Weight:
    14st1lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st5lb(38.07%)
    Diet:
    CD SS
    Yes I always did it and used to look forward to it.

Gx

12. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    As per Hedgehogs post, old CD was AAM on 5th week, but now you can SS for 12 weeks before doing an AAM week.

I'm doing 12 weeks SS, on week 6 now so only 6 to go. Looking forward to AAM week!

13. kayjay

kayjay Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I have had an AAM every 5th week - like Georgie, really look forward to it!! As long as you follow the plan your CDC (and GP if relevant) has agreed with you, you'll do great!

Kj xxx

14. Lisa Marie

Lisa Marie Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    cd
    Yes I've done aamw every 5th week too. It's something I look forward to aswell.

15. spooky

spooky Banned

In the reprinted books from February this year,(the ones with SS+ in them) AAMW is no longer a part of the SS programme. After doing 12 weeks on SS or SS+ then you are required to move up to step 810 for one week, then if you still have weight to lose then go back to SS or SS+.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.