Does it ever get any easier?

Hi, so glad I found this post. Could anyone please let me know the title and author I need this book too. I'm 27 and have been struggling with over eating and binging since I was about 12 years old which actually really upsets me. I'm at the point now where I feel like I can't carry on letting food take over my life, it really does! Will I ever not be on a diet?? I recently bought a book off amazon for 1p!! About over eating although I didn't agree at all with the method it still makes me feel better that I'm not the only one obsessed! Also it was an American author n would prefer an English author. Anyway sorry for the essay :) I have 6 stone to lose and I'm still doing Sw but struggling with binges and secretly eating (boyfriend doesn't have a clue :( ) any help would be appreciated. Thank you
I know exactly how you feel, I have lost 2 stone and have another 9 to loose. I'm 25 and also have almost an addiction to food but I'm not going to let it control me anymore, I don't think anyone thinks I'm serious as the amount of diets I have been on and given up is ridiculous but definitely different this time, I might have a look for that book 2 :)

Wow this so sounds like me! I find if I'm in the house alone I mooch I'm never hungery really but whens that ever stopped me. When I try to diet the first couple of weeks are ok and I write everything down, even the bad things, someone once told me that if you did write down the wrong things then at least you were in control of your actions. I've done all that but still feel the need to gorge myself sometimes. I'm 60 and have been dieting for about 10 years on and off and all diets but SW seems to be the one I'm trying to stick with, although as my weight loss shows I get a bit cocky and think I can just nibble this and that and then wham I've put on. We've booked a hol for the 24th of this month so I'm sticking to it rigid till then hopefully my jeans will be more comfortable. We go all inclusive when we do go away and I find that I eat better then, hopefully not putting back on what I intend to lose.
Sorry for the long post.

anne x

I'm glad other people can relate to this thread :)

I had a difficult week...binged on chocolate on Monday (took me up to my syns allowance for the week) but to punish myself I pretty much starved myself from Tuesday to after WI Thursday evening and ended up with a 0.5lb gain. I spoke about my difficulties in my SW group and my consultant actually said how brave I was to discuss it in front of the group which made me feel good. Admitting It in front of people made it feel like a weight had been lifted and I feel like I want to prove to them that I can stop. I stayed behind to see my consultant after group and everything she said just kind of clicked and made me see sense...that I don't need to binge. Since WI I've stuck to plan 100% so far and I've planned my meals for the week. My plan this week is to make my main meals so tasty and filling I won't have space or want to binge on chocolate. Currently I have a shoulder of pork (all fat removed) slow roasting in a home made BBQ sauce so I can have pulled pork for dinner..yum yum :)

My wife and I had a really tough weekend with craving real food (on a VLCD).

We were almost to the point of going to Nandos to have chips and garlic bread but somehow we managed to pull ourselves together long enough to decide to have a meal from a higher diet band but still much better for us than the alternative we wanted. It was mostly protien.

After 13 weeks on our diet we are doing amazing but I find there are still those tough moments.

My wife and I had a really tough weekend with craving real food (on a VLCD). We were almost to the point of going to Nandos to have chips and garlic bread but somehow we managed to pull ourselves together long enough to decide to have a meal from a higher diet band but still much better for us than the alternative we wanted. It was mostly protien. After 13 weeks on our diet we are doing amazing but I find there are still those tough moments.
Well done on getting through it :)

Back