does it really matter what veg u have?...really?!

ticktock

Day 6 and still feel fine! liked everything i have tried so far except caffe lait shake, eww gritty! and really pleased that my delivery has come so I am stocked up for another 7 days :eek:) not had sneaky peak at scales so cant be sure i am losing though!

Been having meal a day, but wasnt being very strict...2 days I had fresh salmon because it was in freezer and needed using.. had 130g instead of 100g and with green beans which I thought were on list but arent. Other days I have had boiled eggs or tuna salad, with pickled cabbage which I thought was on list but isnt!

Have now been shopping and got weighed portions of chicken & cod in freezer bags! (admittedly they are all a little over 100g at about 115-120g cos just chopped in half rather than faff cutting bits off) my question is tho does the veg really matter? I can see why 100g salmon not on list and 100g cod is as salmon more cals & fat, but green beans have same carbs as broccoli so surely it wont matter if I have them instead and if allowed cabbage and allowed vinegar surely allowed pickled cabbage?, wont hurt..or will it?!?!

Day 6 and still feel fine! liked everything i have tried so far except caffe lait shake, eww gritty! and really pleased that my delivery has come so I am stocked up for another 7 days :eek:) not had sneaky peak at scales so cant be sure i am losing though!

Been having meal a day, but wasnt being very strict...2 days I had fresh salmon because it was in freezer and needed using.. had 130g instead of 100g and with green beans which I thought were on list but arent. Other days I have had boiled eggs or tuna salad, with pickled cabbage which I thought was on list but isnt!

Have now been shopping and got weighed portions of chicken & cod in freezer bags! (admittedly they are all a little over 100g at about 115-120g cos just chopped in half rather than faff cutting bits off) my question is tho does the veg really matter? I can see why 100g salmon not on list and 100g cod is as salmon more cals & fat, but green beans have same carbs as broccoli so surely it wont matter if I have them instead and if allowed cabbage and allowed vinegar surely allowed pickled cabbage?, wont hurt..or will it?!?!

Some vegetables are higher in carbs than others, so if you have alot of them- you could knock yourself out of ketosis. However, if you calculated the cab content with the amount you wanted, theoretically you could eat any veg.

Also, the sugar content is certain veg needs to be calculated.

Personally I use My Fitness Pal to calculate the carbs in what I'm eating and if it leads to less than 60g a day I'm happy - but obviously that takes me off plan. Some veggies are really bad for carbs - such as peas and sweetcorn.

Dont have ketostix so no idea if in ketosis, Only on day 5 and feeling ok so thinking the green beans not hurt me so far lol x

The veg does matter and not all carbs are the same, MFP is not able to give you the carb values that actually affect blood sugars, for that reason you really need to stick to the list or get the atkins guide on vegetables that are acceptable during induction for other low carb options.

I think this is one of the very very confusing aspects of any of these ketogenic VLCD regimes. Little is explained about ketosis and there is a lot of misinformation flying around.

calorie counter website has a fab nutritional information guide on all foods. If you look up certain veg it gives you the nutritional information for each so as long as your carbs stay under the recomended daily allowance for ketosis you should be good to go. Althought def stay away from the veg which has high sugar carbs.

The site outlines them all.

Good luck.

Back