DOES IT WORK !!!!!

Anthony Smith

Slimmer 2010
Does Weight Watchers actually work, ive been on a food replacement diet, as thats the only way i fort i could lose weight but now im nearly finished the food replacement one, im interested in giving WW a go, does it work and can people give me ideas what to have for all three meals a day and snacks, just a rough idea for now until i get the proper stuff thanks all !!!!! :)

xxx

Does it work???? It doesn't half. You only need to read some if the posts on here. People have lost just as big amounts on WW as people on LL or CD. It's a fantastic diet

yes it does work, infact its the only diet plan that does work for me! the beauty of ww is that you can have what ever you want as long as its within your daily point allowance.
all you can do is give it a go, probably wont give you the same fast results as the food replacement diet but will certainly help you with controlling portion sizes etc.

i started with cd last jan and then moved too ww in april, now 57.5lbs lost and just reached my goal, but intend to lose a few more pounds yet. ww is brill, the meetings are fantastic and the support is the best
xx

Oh wiked, cant wait to start tomorrow, im not seeing it as a diet tho im seeing it as a new lifestyle aswell so ill stay on track and if i can do a food replacement diet then i can do WW

i started with cd last jan and then moved too ww in april, now 57.5lbs lost and just reached my goal, but intend to lose a few more pounds yet. ww is brill, the meetings are fantastic and the support is the best
xx

So you was on CD, how was the switch-over and how much did you put on ??

x

Thanks everyone

Hi Anthony you may or may not remember me from the Cd forum. I gained around 4lbs in my 1st week of normal eating. By the time i started WW a week later it was gone. The losses tend to be smaller but more consistent and you also get to eat whatever you fancy within your points. (I got fed up of shakes and soups. Also dont get me started on the porridge! Yuck!) Good luck whatever you decide.

Hi Anthony you may or may not remember me from the Cd forum. I gained around 4lbs in my 1st week of normal eating. By the time i started WW a week later it was gone. The losses tend to be smaller but more consistent and you also get to eat whatever you fancy within your points. (I got fed up of shakes and soups. Also dont get me started on the porridge! Yuck!) Good luck whatever you decide.

Yes, totally agree with you, its a great diet but it really does get boring specially after 5 months !!! Lol,

yeah i do remember you from the CD forum :) hope i get as much support here too

x

Youll get just as much support here as you did there. Youll be on her constantly your 1st few days trying to figure out points for things. But once its in the noggin then your fine. :D. Enjoy your food!

Thank god :) Yeah suppose i will ... ive joined online instead of going too meeting, hence why i did CD instead of LL, cant stand the group meetings, anyway hope i do well on WW

x

Hi Anthony, welcome to the WW boards and congrats on your loss so far.....HUGE well done!!!

You'll love ww, i had never done it until i joined up in nov last yr, so far i've lost 23 lbs, bearing in mind that was over xmas & new yr too!!! It's great cos i can still eat "normal" food!!! I never feel deprived of food and it works well with a social life, whereas with vlcd your limited!!..

Good luck with your switchover and hopefully see you around!!.xx

Thats amazing Shlinz !! well done, and yes i agree on my VLCD i had no social life at all, cancelled all outings and everything, but i just couldnt do it any more, been trying to get back on the wagon after new year but my body refused to go with it, and after a month of failed attempts here i am on WW, :)

if you have any information that would be useful for me be happy to ask me for my email address (thats kind of a hint) lol

thanks ;)

xx

Hi Anthony, yes this is a great diet, this was only Christmas ever that I didnt break my diet and lost 6 lbs, and I still had my usual Christmas dinner, like you said I looked at the WW as a lifestyle change instead of a diet,

For my breakfast I would have either 60g porridge for 3 points, or 3 Weetabix for 3 points, or 3 melba toast with 3 low fat chesse triangles for 4 .5 points, or two slices of toast and a boiled egg for 3.5points

for lunch I would have 4 slices of bread and 4 low fat smoked rashers 4 egg whites, fried onions and sliced tomators (warmed in the mircrowave) made into 2 sandwichs for 6 points and it is very filling, another one is 2 toasted chesses and ham sandwich with onion and tomatoe for 6.5 points,

Dinner, I would have quorn and veg curry with rice for 9.5, stir fry dishes with chicken veg and noodles and blue dragon pouch sauces for 9.5 points, hope this is helpful, just pm me if you need anymore help good luck

Hi Anthony, yes this is a great diet, this was only Christmas ever that I didnt break my diet and lost 6 lbs, and I still had my usual Christmas dinner, like you said I looked at the WW as a lifestyle change instead of a diet,

For my breakfast I would have either 60g porridge for 3 points, or 3 Weetabix for 3 points, or 3 melba toast with 3 low fat chesse triangles for 4 .5 points, or two slices of toast and a boiled egg for 3.5points

for lunch I would have 4 slices of bread and 4 low fat smoked rashers 4 egg whites, fried onions and sliced tomators (warmed in the mircrowave) made into 2 sandwichs for 6 points and it is very filling, another one is 2 toasted chesses and ham sandwich with onion and tomatoe for 6.5 points,

Dinner, I would have quorn and veg curry with rice for 9.5, stir fry dishes with chicken veg and noodles and blue dragon pouch sauces for 9.5 points, hope this is helpful, just pm me if you need anymore help good luck

Thank you, yes i will PM you if i have any questions thanks so much :)

xx

Oh wiked, cant wait to start tomorrow, im not seeing it as a diet tho im seeing it as a new lifestyle aswell so ill stay on track and if i can do a food replacement diet then i can do WW

It does indeed and you can eat anything as long as it is within your allowance.. I think the best part about weightwatchers is it teaches you how to optimise your eating.. so you just think.. why have a chocolate bar when you can have curry and rice and skinny cow dessert? you can save points and eat whatever you want. Since I started it at the beginning of January I have cut out alcohol from my diet and I have been eating a lot more fruit and veg and for the first time in about 5 years I am sleeping all through the night - it's unbelievable. It makes you feel so much better. And you don't have to cut out the treats you just have to manage them and count them up!

I have recently tried two ww fishcakes recipes and my word I think I am addicted ..:D

If you need any tips or recipes then let us know - ww is really really easy and i actually enjoy it :D

So you was on CD, how was the switch-over and how much did you put on ??

x

Thanks everyone
sorry not checked on here for a week, when i switched i only gained the dif from a morning weigh to an evening one, which was 4lb but lost that and a few more the next week lol, only 1 stone to go, have now lost 64lbs woooopie lol

Hi Anthony was wondering how you are getting on. Have you gone back to food ok? Dont be afraid to eat though. I was a wee bit in the 1st week but soon got over it. Good look to ya :)

im glad u asked this anthony, i was on tfr but couldnt really afford so come onto ww and its great hearing about ppls losses xxxxxxxx

Hi Anthony - I hope you get all the support you need from this forum. Lots of us are doing it without going to the meetings but getting help on here instead. I'm a newbie too - it does take a bit of time at first but once you get the hang of it you should be fine. Huge good luck :)

Back