Does Magic Porrige work ?

I would think normal porridge may need some water mixed in first and then the yogurt .

I just put 28g of tesco value porridge oats in my Muller yogurt and leave it overnight and voila Magic Porridge x

Oats So Simple is just rolled oats with a few additives. Ordinary porridge oats will work fine and will be much cheaper!
OSS are milled much ,uch finer than coarse aots and the only additives are soya lecithin which is an emulsifier stop the porridge boiling over so easily xx

Yes porridge oats do work, i have this at least 3 times a week for breakfast. I use 28g of quaker oats (100% wholegrain rolled oats) and mix with an activia fat free fruit yoghurt or a fat free muller light yoghurt. I mix it in well and as stated, by the next morning its ready :) In fact i have eaten this after only a few hours and its been lovely :)

Probably a silly question, but does this still taste like porridge?? I dont really like porridge, but its a great breakfast.

Probably a silly question, but does this still taste like porridge?? I dont really like porridge, but its a great breakfast.

no it takes up the taste of whatever flavour yougurt you put in it.

If it is too thick for your taste buds you can add some milk to it, personally I prefer it thick.

give it a go, its good and filling

I've just made a pot for tomorrow morning - can't wait! I used OSS because I had some in the cupboard - so worth the money not to have to get the scales out!

I used fat free Strawberry Onken.

nice and even more filling with a grated apple on top too.

OSS are milled much ,uch finer than coarse aots and the only additives are soya lecithin which is an emulsifier stop the porridge boiling over so easily xx

Yes, it is because they are so fine that I don't really like them - I prefer more texture to my porridge. And the fact that they are so expensive.

I have been meaning to make this for ages! So i am going to get it ready now for tomorrow. I am going to use a banana and custard mullerlight!

Banana and custard flavour is gorgeous, had it this morning!
I have magic porridge quite often during the week as I'm often rushing on a morning and making this the night before makes it so much easier, one less thing to worry about!

Back