Does next sizes come up big?

xKimmiex

Silver Member
Do they come up big or are they "normal"? I tried a pair of size 18 jeans today and the y fitted but cba to go and try some on in different shops lol

I hateeeee clothes shopping ATM :( there is NOTHING I like :(

I find them pretty normal to be honest.. if I can get into an 18 in NEXT I can pretty much get into an 18 anywhere (apart from M&S .. for some reason the cut of their trousers just doesn't gel with my body)

Oh.. I dream of being able to walk in and fit into a River Island 16 :)

And a Warehouse 16 :)

Oh.. I dream of being able to walk in and fit into a River Island 16 :)

And a Warehouse 16 :)

You will :)

River Island was somewhere that was out of bounds for me while i was big ....they dont cater for the larger woman! but its one of my fave shops now!

Not long for you X

Lol Clothes sizes vary depending on how honest I'm being with myself and if I'm trying to squeeze my fat arse into the wrong size but next is pretty average I would say, I find Dorothy Perkins and new look are fair sizes, plus you don't want to spend much on clothes that'll be too big soon!! Xx

Lol Clothes sizes vary depending on how honest I'm being with myself and if I'm trying to squeeze my fat arse into the wrong size

LMAO... How true! They are "cut small" if they don't fit as far as I am concerned lol.

I do find next generous at times & have had to change lots of thigs for smaller sizes have even got a few dresses thay are size 10 from there (which im defo not!) ditto for river island, i tried some denim shorts on there in size 16 at my slimmest last summer (when i was a 12/14) & they were cutting me in two! I sulked the rest of the day. When it comes to clothes in zara i can just forget it whatever size i am!!

jlm said:
When it comes to clothes in zara i can just forget it whatever size i am!!

Me too! I used to have to cut about 12inches off the bottom of each trousers leg!!!!!!! I used to make co-ordinating scrunchies!!!!!!! (dont judge - it was the 90's)!!!!!!!!

We have a shop in Ireland called Vera Moda and some of the clothes are so lovely in it but I have never been able to shop in it because it is a Mediterranean store and the cut of the tops particularly is for those with really narrow backs, no shoulders and skinny arms!

I just can't find any clothes I like! I'm seeing all nice stuff and still saying "when I'm thin" lol I need to get to goal before holiday! I'm going to start buying in may lol

Some of the clothes are just.. Awful out ATM!

i'm right into next now and i say that they're ok size wise. sometimes they come up small on the jeans cause i have a high waist so their waist in normal jeans sit on my hips then there's the muffin top. i have to buy the long cause the regular are too short and the tall too tall unless it's leggings. i can't fit into fitted cotton tops anywhere as i need an 18 cause my back's quite wide even though i measure a 12/14. i also find that the cups they put in tops are not lined up with my saggy boobs so don't fit either and no matter how i hoist they don't fit. :( tops like this one here with the boob bits in it. Buy Frill Sleeve Top from the Next UK online shop i'm sure they're designed for a+b cups only.

Those tops with boob bits always end up sitting with the line coming across my nipples rather than underneath my boobs. I just don't bother trying them on at all anymore.

We have Vera Moda in house of Fraser. I love the clothes and they're a good price

Odd how different clothes fit different people
I find River Island big- I bought a size 12 last week and had to laugh as I am NOT a size 12 (well yet anyway) x

Goreygirl said:
Those tops with boob bits always end up sitting with the line coming across my nipples rather than underneath my boobs. I just don't bother trying them on at all anymore.

Story of my life!!

Another bug bear of mine is swimming costumes. Size 16 people obv have very small boobs!!

Hmmmm mite go to Next and get some jeans....would prob fit a 14 if they come up big lol!

i find peacocks and asda clothing run big.... both are good clothes and cheap!

new look, topshop and riverisland i find run really small :(

Noooo don't say that about Asda, I was thinking that I was a size 14 as I just fit into a pair of lovely asda jeans in a 14:cry:

A size 14, is a size 14.

I'd wear them with the label hanging out!

Back