does not seem strong enough

becky_1701

i dont know how to keep my mind into it, i can have 2 shakes but then by meal time i give in and eat, its not just 1 meal i then cant help but eat and eat. Its like ever since i first ate after my 1st attempt i havent been able to do it properlly since.

can anyone else give any tips on how they manage to get through the 1st day without eating and what they do to stop thinking about food.

TIA

I would say to try and drink as much as you can, water, tea, coffee, boullion....anything that will take your mind off the hunger or eating! I found if I was really hungry then having a hot drink helped, I usually have coffee or peppermint tea. Filling up on water ( I always drink the Tesco strawberry water) really helps, you dont feel as hungry and its good for you!!
If you do find yourself heading for a munch try and distract yourself with something else, in the first few days on the diet I found I was constantly looking for stuff to clean or tidy in my house just to keep me occupied, the place was sparkling haha! Going out for a quick walk or coming on here and reading all the success stories! I personally love looking at all the before and after photos as it really motivates me!
Once the first few days are over it does get easier as the hunger soon disappears, Ive even found myself forgetting or not wanting to have my 3rd shake or soup etc! You will feel so much better I promise, hang in there! ;)

I'm on my 2nd day and thought SO many times that I wanted to eat something - anything! I just keeping trying to stop that thought by thinking of how rubbish I feel after eating a lot - because I know that once I start eating something, it'll probably turn into a binge - and I don't want to feel like that, I'd rather put up with the feeling of need/want/hunger then feel guilty. Also, I consumed about 2l of water and coke zero helped SO much, along with coming on here and looking at peoples diaries/weightloss xox

Pretend you are 'Nil by Mouth' waiting for an operation - it works for me. (A glamorous one - of course)

Its all about getting your head in the right place.

GSQ

wow getslimquick you have done amazing!!! have you done exante the whole time? with any breaks or swaps in diets? .. hope you don't mind if i add you as a contact thingy?? :)

I imagine myself how I want to be. I give myself small challenges and my determination won't let me give in. Once I am over the first couple of days I won't let myself eat coz then I will have undone all the good work. Of course, I am no angel and have cheated in my 14 weeks, but I always get straight back on the wagon. Determination and willpower get me through it x

char1990 said:
wow getslimquick you have done amazing!!! have you done exante the whole time? with any breaks or swaps in diets? .. hope you don't mind if i add you as a contact thingy?? :)

Thank you. I started Exante March 2011, stopped November to April 2012 then started a four week stint.
No other diets, mostly TS but WS when I needed to. I even took Exante on holiday to France last year.

My aim is to lose the last few pounds then back on to maintaining. I have never felt better in my life, just love buying new clothes!

GSQ.

Oh sweetie this bit is the toughest! but really it does get better! I started the day after Easter and on the first three days i thought i should stop it, eat the chocolate that was bothering me and then start it again! But like Mia said, you have to start all over again! i got my OH to go into the loft and get my bag if skinny clothes out, i couldn't believe that i have some size 14's in it, being a size 26-28 now i couldn't believe how small i was. i am going away in August and packed my suitcase with all my skinny clothes!!!

So find something that you want to achieve at the end of doing this diet and use that as your motivator, and get yourself busy busy to take your mind off it!!!

Good Luck

I would say if you are finding it that difficult not to eat why not consider doing Atkins Induction for 1 week and then going on to Exante. That way you get the carbs out and get into ketosis without starving yourself for the first few days which is really the very hardest part, I actually wish I'd done it that way as I struggled to get into ketosis with Exante, well in fact I didn't and I ended up having to devise a new strategy to get it to work. Just don't give up trying thats the main thing and see what works best for you

Lanarkwitch, what plan did you devise then to get yourself into Ketosis? And how did you know that you weren't going it?? xox

I would say if you are finding it that difficult not to eat why not consider doing Atkins Induction for 1 week and then going on to Exante. That way you get the carbs out and get into ketosis without starving yourself for the first few days which is really the very hardest part, I actually wish I'd done it that way as I struggled to get into ketosis with Exante, well in fact I didn't and I ended up having to devise a new strategy to get it to work. Just don't give up trying thats the main thing and see what works best for you

This is a good idea!

the title of this thread is EXACTLY how i feel right now .. its only 3pm and I've had all my packs :( ..

the title of this thread is EXACTLY how i feel right now .. its only 3pm and I've had all my packs :( ..

To space my packs out I used to halve them all and have half every few hours so I ended up thinking I was having 6 meals a day plus drinking lots of water in between packs. It might be worth a try.

I think part of the problem is that when you do get into it, it's relatively easy and this fools you into allowing yourself to regain the weight. Easy come, easy go! Only in reality it dosen't quite work like that. I lost 3 stone before Christmas and was feeling on top of the world, but I took Christmas off and haven't been able to get back into it since! I've put 2 stone back on and am struggling to fit into my clothes again. This is my third day and I'm going on my hols in july so I can't give up now or I will have a very miserable holiday.

Lanarkwitch, what plan did you devise then to get yourself into Ketosis? And how did you know that you weren't going it?? xox

Char, I've done Lipotrim before which is similar to Exante but tastes revolting, after about 5 days on Exante I was still starving every minute of the day and had some afternoons were I really was feeling quite unwell, and I never felt like that on Lipotrim, by day 5, I was forgetting to have my packs! I wasn't getting into ketosis, no signs of it, no pink ketostix, no appetite suppression or bad breath, so I cut out the bars at first and replaced them with a shake, still no ketosis, so I replaced 1 Exante shake with a leftover Lipotrim shake per day to cut the carbs down a bit more and hey presto, hello ketosis. In the end I went on to Slim and Save because I was fed up with Exante and having to split the packs to make them last and not feel hungry in between. with S & S you have 4 packs a day and some veggies, it suits me better and I have no problem staying in ketosis now.

I think part of the problem is that when you do get into it, it's relatively easy and this fools you into allowing yourself to regain the weight. Easy come, easy go! Only in reality it dosen't quite work like that. I lost 3 stone before Christmas and was feeling on top of the world, but I took Christmas off and haven't been able to get back into it since! I've put 2 stone back on and am struggling to fit into my clothes again. This is my third day and I'm going on my hols in july so I can't give up now or I will have a very miserable holiday.

I know it's hard to get going in the first few days, but like you say yourself after a week or 2 it just becomes a habit and now I don't really want to go back to eating.

Thanks for response. Im on day 3 today. Yesterday i nearly ate but instead had some oasis which is better then eating and filled me
Up. I think what i will do is split my lunch shake because its 12-6 that i cant handle so will do 12-3 then 3-6 an see if that helps.
Also been drinking tea and come zero (plus water)

Babe, If you really can't avoid that one meal on TS... why don't you do working solution where it allows one meal? That way you're sticking to it... and you'll feel more confident after knowing you can do it... let your body adjust, then try ts when you're ready x

Back