Does SW still work on your 100th-ish attempt??

Dizzi-G

Or does it get harder at each time?

I really need to lose 2-3 stone by Christmas but am now worried that I may have left it too late so have kind of failed before I've even started!

I've done SW many many times before and wonder if its still possible to get the good losses that you get the first few times round!

x

hiya hun this is proberly the 10th time ive done slimming world!!

and in 11-12 weeks ive lost 3 stone 2lbs so the answer is hell yeah!!

my losses are better this time then ever b4!!

as long has you have will power and are dterminded then it will work!!

Oh wow! That's brilliant!! You must feel fantastic having lost all that in such a short space of time! Well done!

Which days are you following? (or do you mix them up a bit).

After being on every diet known to man of course it will!
Ive done Sw before a few times too but this time its working - 1/2lb off my stone and a half - Im doing a mixture of all 3 plans... Good luck!

ooohh Im another one who has done every diet that comes to mind -many of them more than once :p

This time around I didn't get the Huge 1st week loss BUT my losses on a weekly basis have been consistently higher and it seems much less effort *so far*

I started on EE -but now do mainly red days and 14 weeks in Im still loving it.

Hope you have lots of success :D

Thanks everyone

I'm debating joining a SW class tonight near work .... I've been there before, the only problem being that the consultant isn't particularly inspiring and she's quite a big lady who doesn't seem to be actively following SW herself!

But, its really convenient, its on my way home.

Really can't decide whether to join or just try and do it myself at home .... I have all the books etc.

xx

Just do it! You can change groups later on if you find a better one, but going to group will be much more effective than going it alone (although, of course, going it alone will work if you are determined!)

My consultant is great, but she is also quite a big lady (certainly has more to lose than I do). That said, who are we to judge? Just because she's struggling or the time isn't right for her, doesn't mean the plan doesn't work. I know I've lost and regained weight loads of times. One of the things I like about SW is they don't make their consultants resign just because they put on weight etc. WW weigh in their leaders regularly and get stroppy if they put on weight, and as many of us know, pressure sometimes makes things worse...

It is much harder when you don't have a good consultant though - I'm definitely more forgiving of my consultant because she's lovely, she knows what she's talking about and she is inspiring, despite her weight problems. She makes me want to do it, and at least with her being overweight herself, you know she's not going to judge you if you have "blips"...just hopefully help you get back on track.

Whichever way you go, you'll get support here and I wish you lots and lots of luck and a slim Christmas!

Good luck!

It's a yes from me too! If you stick to it then there'll be no problem.

I have followed SW on and off for many, many years.

When I decide to start again and follow it by myself, I don't seem to lose and I always think to myself that my body just doen't like SW anymore!
However, oddly enough ;), when I join a group, I seem to start losing!!
I think its all about your mindset.
Clearly, when I am just monitoring my own weigh ins, I 'allow' myself to be a little more relaxed with what I eat as I have no one to answer to when I step on the scales, yet when someone else is weighing me, I am obviously more strict with my diet.
I have to say, this is all subconcious..... I don't know I am doing it but the scales say otherwise!!!!
So in answer to your Q, yes it does work, but you need to be careful that you don't assume you know the plan inside out because you have done it 6 million times(!) and never judge foods that must be weighed.
Aside from that, I think there is absolutely no reason you shouldn't lose again with SW

Hi,

I've done SW so many times before and keep coming back to it because its such a good choice. I think the key though is your mental approach to eating. You have to be motivated. I bet there's loads of us out there who go so far, do well then completely blow it because you take your eye off the ball, so to speak.

I think the problem with any change of lifestyle is committing to it long term.Iknow I had my eureka moment two weeks ago when I turned 45. I have been trying to lose weight since my son was born, 15 years ago, but I suddenly realised that in another 15 years I will be 60. Imagine what weight I would be by then if I don't start things positively now. Imagine all the things I would put off doing and the opportunities I would denied myself. Its not worth the regret. So SW here I come....(again)

Jump aboard the Slimming World train and get to skinnyville by christmas!! I'm confident we can have at least a couple of stone off by the festive season and this is most certainly NOT my first time doing it! :D

This is the second time I have done slimming world but if I am being realisitic I only actually followed the plan for 2 weeks the first time. I have found that you really need to have the right frame of mind and I believe this is why it is different for me now.

I have actually just changed groups because of the excate same reasons you are discussing. The con is bigger and she is not inspiring, I was doing the weigh in and found that I was worrying more about helping her and being part of the social team rather than how I was going to cope in that week and what I was going to adapt in my diet to be better. It started well and then went down hill, so I have changed groups and actually lost 4lbs this week which is the largest loss I have had in about 3 months.

All you need to have is determination and inspriation as well as support x

Back