"Doesn't she have a lovely face"?

fatpossum

Silver Member
:banghead:

I suffered for many years from the "lovely face" syndrome.

This is the way it works:

You go out to 'a do' having paid a fortune for the outfit and 'control undergarments' (guarenteed to 'smooth even the most challenging outline') not to mention the hair do and the shoes and bag.

You have done the Boots-7-day-detox diet and find it really helps with keeping the stomach tucked in right throughout the photos and even on the walk to the loo - (though that a becomes a bit more difficult after the dinner and a few drinks).

You chat and mingle (holding your glass delicatly in your newly manicured hand - more money!) and you are in no doubt whatsoever that you are at your most charming and vuluptuous (another term hated by the Possum) when over the murmur of voices you hear it ........ the comment - guarenteed to drive you to the desert trolley ........

"Oh yes, that's (add your name here), doesn't she have a lovely face"?

They may as well have said "Gawd what a fat munter"!!!!! It would be a lot more honest.

No matter what Vanessa Feltz or any of the other celebrity 'big girls' might like us to believe, BIG IS NOT BEAUTIFUL and it has never genuinely been acknowledged as such.

Having a 'nice (BIG) face' on top of a large body just isn't enough. FAT IS NOT IN VOGUE and never will be.

So let's keep stuffing those packs - who wants to be just a lovely face?

I can go one better than that! I got told years ago, Id have a beautiful face if I only lost weight.

So apparantly not only was I a fat munter but I was an ugly fat munter at that lol ;)

fatpsooum, i kept thinking at the end of the thread you were going to say

"for eveything else, theres mastercard"

is this similar to being big boned. I have always had that through my life. Big boned, do me a favour, how can they tell i am big boned through all that fat?

the things we put up with!!!!!

I wish so many times I had taken my frying pan of choice and bopped the said people on their noses to demonstrate my unhappiness at their comment :rotflmao:

lol. whenever anyone has said that to me I ask if the end of that sentance is "...shame about the fat ar*e". a bit confrontational but funny to see them squirm.

Keep it going girls - we're warming to the theme!!!

I too was a 'big-boned' child - ridiculous!!! I have tiny little wrists and tiny little fingers - if anything I'm small boned!!!

To be honest, I think I'd have prefered if people had said that I was a bit chubby rather than "What a lovely little big-boned child" :badmood:Even back then I knew what they really meant.

I was told once that "you used to have such a pretty face.....". I guess that makes me a formeely pretty but now feckin ugly fat munter!!!! LOL!!

Oh & I forgot, I used to get a lot of "Havent you got lovely thick hair?" (as opposed to "Havent you got enormous thighs", I guess!!! Sadly, thanks to LL thats one stroke I wont be getting for a while!)

I hate it when people say to me :-

"those shoes look comfy" translates to "fat cow can't wear heels"

"Is that new, it looks comfy" translates to "been shopping at the fat shop again?"

"you are so bubbly and confident" hidden end of sentence "which is suprising considering your size"

Well all i can say to those people who HAVE to say something about our weight is that as least we are honest to ourselves and know exactly what we are - BEAUTIFUL, CONFIDENT AND SEXY WOMEN......

I THANK YOU .......LOL

x

I hate it when people say to me :-

"those shoes look comfy" translates to "fat cow can't wear heels"

"Is that new, it looks comfy" translates to "been shopping at the fat shop again?"

"you are so bubbly and confident" hidden end of sentence "which is suprising considering your size"

Well all i can say to those people who HAVE to say something about our weight is that as least we are honest to ourselves and know exactly what we are - BEAUTIFUL, CONFIDENT AND SEXY WOMEN......

I THANK YOU .......LOL

x

Here here!!!...lol....Sassy, Voluptuous and Sensual are words I have said to me and I have no problem with them either....oh, and no complaints in the bedroom department either..lol....:eek:...oops, maybe too much information there :D

You won't catch me ever saying I am happy being overweight.... I'm not.....but you will hear me say that I know who I am and the qualities I have. :D

Take me as I am or bogoff!!!! ;):) Life's too short!!!!

Oh yes...all too familiar...apparantly I've always been a supermodel in the making, if only I could lose the weight. Step aside Kate...

Now, when people say to me 'wow, your hair looks really good just now', or, 'I love those shoes, they look great' it takes willpower to stop myself from saying, 'thanks, that's cos I've lost 5 and a half stone'
(note to self, must start being more gracious and accepting of positive strokes:D)

Oooooh - can I join the FFUM club??? I qualify - honest...

My MOTHER said to me a year ago that I "used to be so pretty" which tells me that I am now SOOOO disgusting my own mother thinks I'm an ugly munter!!!!

Hurrumph.

But, all is not lost because a male coleague told me the other day that he can see I've lost weight from my face.... WHAT ABOUT THE 2 DRESS SIZES I'VE SHED FROM MY ARSE!!!! Well, at least that means he's not looking at my T*ts!!!!

Double Hurrumph.

Oooooh - can I join the FFUM club??? I qualify - honest...

My MOTHER said to me a year ago that I "used to be so pretty" which tells me that I am now SOOOO disgusting my own mother thinks I'm an ugly munter!!!!

Hurrumph.

But, all is not lost because a male coleague told me the other day that he can see I've lost weight from my face.... WHAT ABOUT THE 2 DRESS SIZES I'VE SHED FROM MY ARSE!!!! Well, at least that means he's not looking at my T*ts!!!!

Double Hurrumph.

Awwww.... dont damn him totally, I think men find it really hard to comment of female weight losses. In fact at work this week, two male colleagues have asked me very tentatively if I am trying to lose weight! I tried very hard to put them at ease, and said that I was, 5 1/2 stone since mid-Feb etc etc. They have been so lovely, and asked how I am feeling and stuff. hey... they actually noticed!!!!

(I bet the thoughts about the FFUM that is me were nowhere near as complimentary before!!)

Back