DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks for the responses ladies. Weigh-in Sunday morning so I'll post my result. I think I have had a good week and I've started an exercise programme through my work too, so fingers crossed for a good one.
Bye for now

Good luck for today! x

Hi all. Need to get back in here now we're back and get back on my A game. Was doing well, had slowly but surely lost a stone and got down to 13st 4lbs/84.5kg and then fell off the wagon. After a couple of weeks of eating pretty well what I wanted ended up in 3lbs going back on. That's taken a month to get back off again as I've been poorly on and off, and busy. So all in all, I'm thinking I need to sort my s**t out and get back on it. Christmas might not be the best time to be doing this but I think I'll at least cut the crap back out again (full fat pop being my biggest downfall along with bread) and see what happens.

Hi DiscoDiva - nice to have some company in here. You're a very similar weight to me - how much do you want to lose? I'm hoping I can get to a healthy BMI which is 11-10 or less for me, so about a stone and a half to go. If I can get more comfortably in that zone then all the better.
My biggest downfall is cheese and chocolate, but I'm also partial to cream as well - guess where my Syns go lol!

Last edited:
Hi DiscoDiva - nice to have some company in here. You're a very similar weight to me - how much do you want to lose? I'm hoping I can get to a healthy BMI which is 11-10 or less for me, so about a stone and a half to go. If I can get more comfortably in that zone then all the better.
My biggest downfall is cheese and chocolate, but I'm also partial to cream as well - guess where my Syns go lol!
I'm hoping to get into the healthy BMI range first of all and see what happens, so aiming for roughly 70kgs/11st-ish. My ticker/signature isn't displaying for some reason, but I started out at over 14st in April this year after a change of contraception stimulated my appetite and made me gain 12lbs in 5 months.

I'm hoping to get into the healthy BMI range first of all and see what happens, so aiming for roughly 70kgs/11st-ish. My ticker/signature isn't displaying for some reason, but I started out at over 14st in April this year after a change of contraception stimulated my appetite and made me gain 12lbs in 5 months.

Not too different from me then :) good luck and let's keep each other going

Just realised I didn't post my weigh-in result from last weekend- lost 2.6 lbs - very happy with that and will be even happier if I drop into the next stone bracket this week. So far so good this week, I am 100% on plan and getting plenty of nice brisk walks in my lunch breaks.

HI all New to this and looking for some support!
I did slimming world a number of years ago ive been eating healthy for the past few weeks but struggle without prep so was looking to go back to something where there is a bit more structure in that i can grab certain foods and know they are good to eat etc. I also am not a fan of group i dont believe i should pay just to be weighed and not convinced that the person who loses the most weight is the best way to go about rewarding etc
I am hoping to lose around 1stone and a half ideally before i go away in feb do we think this is doable or crazy i have about 3-5 stone to lose overall! i am also training for the manchester 10k in may so hoping the additional exercise will pay off! :)

Hi all, it's Boxing Day and I am already thinking about New Years resolutions! I will be 40 end of March and want to feel confident and fabulous! I weighed myself yesterday (just after spending the day eating) and I was just over 14st! I have tried several diets over the years, but SW is the only one I have been successful with. I am not sure if it's because of the weekly classes or the diet itself. I joined up a couple of months ago, but didn't like the consultant at all, and she seems to run all the classes around by me! I have all the books though, so I can do it at home. I need support!

Hi all, I'm going to doing SW at home this year, I'm hoping to lose about a stone to start with, and then see how I feel from there.
Also going to be making a huge effort to use my gym membership, and possibly train for a half marathon.
Let's make a start!

lbs are coming back off for me but the official weigh in is on saturday. Really how bad is it to weigh yourself each day? SW says don't do it as its harmful but it still keeps me on track. Amy I have started the couch to 5k running programme. Just started week two where week one was ok (although I have looked at the following weeks and am surprised how th eruns quickly start to increase in duration!) Might think about entering a 5k fun run to keep me motivated to a goal...might be better thinking about signing up afater I run a full 5 minutes though!

Back again. Was going to wait for all the chocs to go before starting but feel uncomfortable so will weigh in the morning to see the damage. I'm a yo yo person. I seem to be able to cope well then get to where i want to be and go back to all my old ways. Lets see if 2016 can be the year I stick to it.

Hi everyone I am sorry for jumping in but I didn't want to start a whole new thread for one silly question. I am starting sw at home from today - attending weekly classes just isn't viable for me, I work shifts, am doing a degree and have three children one of which has autism. I have my hands full! I really need a copy of the books and am wondering if I attend class just once will I get everything I need, so can continue at home alone with the information?

Thanks!

You can apparently get books on ebay. There is a sw shop or something and its always the new ones ive been told. Failing that you can join but be prepared of consultants pestering for a while. Good luck. X

Back