DOING SW FROM HOME???

Yes they give you the pack when you first join. The support on this site and google help alot too with syn values. I too miss out on group but it is useful to go as they give you lots of tips and encouragement- also get your hilife bars and recipe books there. If you tell them you are a shift worker (you don't have to prove it) then you don't have to turn up every week and can just let your leader know you will not be attending on certain weeks. I used to do that alot as I travel for work. My leader changed and I have just been going solo ever since. I did drop into a group a few months back as I was heading off track and was told if you do miss groups then the most you ever get charged is two weeks. Hope that helps

Doing well - I'm back on track today 100% since Christmas! Well I plan to have a 100% day, I missed healthy foods over Xmas :)

Emmab, they recommend only weighing once a week, mainly as your body will fluctuate everyday. I tend to WI once a week as it keeps me on track

Really...hmm maybe I will try it. It definitely does fluctuate but only slightly. How was the wedding tata?

That was very helpful information, thank you both so much!!! Will have a think about what is best. Look forward to lots of support on here, I haven't used minimins in ages :)

Hi everyone ,
Yes there are official SW packs on eBay sold with the approval of SW . However there's also loads of sellers who no longer need them and some are a little cheaper . I got a pack for £ 18 ( I'd sold some old stuff so had money in my PayPal ) and I thought I'd just buy the magazines and get back in the swing and see how it goes .

My local library in farnborough has the slimming world magazines available to loan out so checking out your library for the magazine might save some £ and going to group

Weighed this morning....12st 5lb. Worse than I was expecting. Have been good so far today so gonna have a bit of chocolate instead of a box of chocolate!

Thanks red squirrel :)

Great tip Emma, will have a look. My library have starting putting some magazines on as ebooks accessible from home! Will look for SW mag.

Sara, that's the spirit, won't take long to knock those extra pounds back! Just remember it was worth it at the time, I am sure you had a lovely time. I saw something the other day about it not being what you eat between Christmas and New Year that counts, but what you eat between New Year and Christmas - thought that was a good way of looking at it!

lbs are coming back off for me but the official weigh in is on saturday. Really how bad is it to weigh yourself each day? SW says don't do it as its harmful but it still keeps me on track. Amy I have started the couch to 5k running programme. Just started week two where week one was ok (although I have looked at the following weeks and am surprised how th eruns quickly start to increase in duration!) Might think about entering a 5k fun run to keep me motivated to a goal...might be better thinking about signing up afater I run a full 5 minutes though!

I've just downloaded this too, I haven't dared look to far ahead!
Signing up for a 5k is a good idea, something to aim for!

I've just downloaded this too, I haven't dared look to far ahead!
Signing up for a 5k is a good idea, something to aim for!

Amy do not look beyond week 3! I am supposed to be doing run three of week 2 today (meaning in two days I jump up to week 3 eek) It does say if you struggle stay on the previous weeks program till you catch up. At the end of my run I just tried jogging for however long I could and managed about 4 minutes so I guess it can be done, just not at a heartrate that requires an ambulance! Need to be a tortoise and not a hare I guess :)

Weighed this morning....12st 5lb. Worse than I was expecting. Have been good so far today so gonna have a bit of chocolate instead of a box of chocolate!
Don't know if it helps, but I get a twirl and chop it up. It lasts me alot longer then. Else I hoover it up when its in the bars

Hiya, can I just ask if anybody is drinking green tea, and if so is it helping as much as the blurb would let you believe? I have read MANY good things about it but just wondered if any of you had "real" experiences of it?

Thank you in advance :)

Hi can I join you all please, used to go to SW group (until Sept) each week for a year then some newer people joined and totally took over the group, everything became about them, very cliquey and ruined it for me. Sad because I really enjoyed it up until then. But I did loose 2 & half stone there and have kept it off, But I really want to loose another stone and reach my target.
So have ordered some new scales and will be weighing in here each week, thanks x

Hiya, can I just ask if anybody is drinking green tea, and if so is it helping as much as the blurb would let you believe? I have read MANY good things about it but just wondered if any of you had "real" experiences of it?

Thank you in advance :)
Is the green tea meant to help metabolism? I've not tried it but I'll try anything, once!

Hi can I join you all please, used to go to SW group (until Sept) each week for a year then some newer people joined and totally took over the group, everything became about them, very cliquey and ruined it for me. Sad because I really enjoyed it up until then. But I did loose 2 & half stone there and have kept it off, But I really want to loose another stone and reach my target.
So have ordered some new scales and will be weighing in here each week, thanks x
Hi Mysticmel, sad to hear you've had your group spoiled, same thing happened to me a few years ago. Still you've been very successful so far and, with the support of everyone on Minimins, yu can carry on your good work.

I can't drink green tea, its nasty, but have just started peppermint trea, also with lotsbof health benefits including helping with water retention.

Back