DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Everyone, I reckon the ideal combination is going to group (if you find a good one) plus the support on here.
However, my wife goes to SW on Friday mornings so I am a do it at home hubby who is really enjoying it.
My recommendation for books has got to be the Homemade soups book (Pea and Ham soup is amazing) and a book that I think is called Glorious food (has got loads of delicious syn free ideas)

I love soup, so that sounds fab! I made a veggie soup the ore day but was a bit heavy with the chilli flakes!

Hi everyone!

I'm also doing SW from home. I have been to group before about a couple of years ago and did really well (in my opinion anyway! 1st 10lb came off in 2 months). I then went on holiday and 6lbs went back on and it all went out the window!

I've started back on the plan with the intention of going back to group, but I've not really felt the need so far. I weigh myself every Wednesday and have lost 8lbs in two weeks so far.

Just thought I'd get in touch with some fellow home slimmers!!

:) x

Hi everyone

I have done slimming world before but don't have time to attend class and can't really afford it either so I will be on here getting the information that I need here. I have the food optimising book and directory from 2014, has slimming world changed much from then?

At the moment SW from home seems to work for me.
At work we have a 'Chubb Club' that gets weighed every Friday morning.
Eight of us put a pound in each and the biggest loser that week takes half of the pot.
The other half of the pot stays put until the end of the school term and the biggest % loser takes the winnings.
If you gain, there is a £1 forfeit that goes to the Bluebell Wood Charity.

At the moment I took the £4 pot last week but somehow, this week I don't feel as though I am doing as well, even though I am sticking to it with the very occasional syn blip (A sainsbury's chocolate and custard Donut!!)
Good luck to all you other SW homies. :)

Been reading all the achievements on her, well done everyone. Not downloaded to couch to 5K, got a 5 yer old Border Collie who is full of beans and she is doing a fine job of getting me off my arse.
I seem to be sticking to this Slimming World malarky mainly because my lovely wife, who goes to class, plans out our meals for the week and we both prepare them and cook them on a Sunday night (SW Pea and Ham soup is my fav)
That, combined with my 'Happy Scale App' seems to be doing the trick.
Friday morning weigh in, another 4.2 lb off! Total since Jan 2nd 16.4 lb
Keep it up everyone x

Hi, I've been here before.

I've recently started SW from home. I have done 2wks so far and lost 4lbs. I need to lose about 4 stone, so I have a long way to go.

Hopefully I can stick with it for week 3.

Hi, I've been here before.

I've recently started SW from home. I have done 2wks so far and lost 4lbs. I need to lose about 4 stone, so I have a long way to go.

Hopefully I can stick with it for week 3.
Hi Redmel, I reckon most of us on here have been here before :)
My targets are similar to yourself, my top tip that seems to be working for me at the moment is plan ahead, if you know what you are eating there is less chance of opening the fridge and attempting to empty it! :)

At the moment I am eating better, not hungry and the weight is coming off, I hope I am not reading this in 2 months time thinking 'Oh well, here we go again'

Good luck, you can do it.

Hi Redmel, I reckon most of us on here have been here before :)
My targets are similar to yourself, my top tip that seems to be working for me at the moment is plan ahead, if you know what you are eating there is less chance of opening the fridge and attempting to empty it! :)

At the moment I am eating better, not hungry and the weight is coming off, I hope I am not reading this in 2 months time thinking 'Oh well, here we go again'

Good luck, you can do it.

Thanks

I am trying to stay stocked up with SW options so when I do open the fridge I have a SW option

The last couple of weeks and the next couple of weeks have been ok because I am inbetween placements (trainee teacher) but I know once I am back in school I will struggle due to tiredness

I'm a Primary School teacher myself (year 4)
You are right, when you are tired you just don't feel like preparing stuff.
Get the SW soups book and you can make gallons of the stuff on the weekend and freeze loads in containers/bags
There are loads of really tasty ones.
Good luck :)

Hello everyone :)

I'm doing sw from home as of last Tuesday. I've done it before at a group but that was a few years ago. I'm unable to get to a group as the groups around here are either too early or too late and with 11 month old twins schedule is a must plus I wouldn't want to disrupt the group with 2 bored crying babies lol.
I have 2.5 stone to lose and I'm getting married in August so I want to look my best for that plus the energy to run after the twins once they start walking!
Looking forward to getting to know you all xx

I lost 1lb this week. I am quite shocked actually, as I have not been on plan at all. I have been dying with tonsillitis for the entire week and only today am I starting to feel human again!!

I am back on it today. Apart from the few small squares of millionaire shortbread, I have been completely on plan today. Yoghurt and banana for a late lunch, leek and potato soup for lunch (I've also just ordered a soup maker) and I have a chicken in the oven for dinner. I will make some actifry roasties in a minutes and will this chicken to hurry up as I am starving!!

Hello all

I'm new here but looking for tonnes of encouragement on my mission to lose my weight... I haven't done SW for 10 years!... dusted off the books... got masses of food diary sheets and stocked up on SW food.

I've got 2 stone to lose... I'm a stone heavier this time ten year's ago but had 2 more children since then.

I'm hoping to go on Holiday in August and not be too embarrassed about my weight.

I'm starting this at a weigh in of
11st 10lbs. I'm turning 41 yrs soon & fed up being overweight.

Thanks for having me & I must say everyone's success stories are so inspiring

Kel :)

Hello all

I'm new here but looking for tonnes of encouragement on my mission to lose my weight... I haven't done SW for 10 years!... dusted off the books... got masses of food diary sheets and stocked up on SW food.

I've got 2 stone to lose... I'm a stone heavier this time ten year's ago but had 2 more children since then.

I'm hoping to go on Holiday in August and not be too embarrassed about my weight.

I'm starting this at a weigh in of
11st 10lbs. I'm turning 41 yrs soon & fed up being overweight.

Thanks for having me & I must say everyone's success stories are so inspiring

Kel :)

Have you read up on the new EE and SP plans?

I've bought a new actifry, a chipper and a soup maker. They all got delivered today, but I haven't had a chance to use them yet. I'm planning soup for lunch tomorrow and something with chips for dinner lol.

I hope everyone is getting on well this week :)

I'm about to try and start SW from home too. I went to my last class about 6 months ago and I've moved to a village where the only class is at 7.30pm and I know I'll never get my act together to go out in those chilly evenings (the old class was on a Saturday morning and I was more motivated to go).

I've got the books and some recipe books too so hopefully this will work out OK.

I lost 2 stone and have put it all back on :(

I lost 1lb again. I have now lost 6lb in 4 weeks. I'm losing very slowly but at least it has been a loss each week. My nephews christening in in 8 weeks so I am focusing on hitting a stone overall loss by then. Hopefully I will actually be able to see the loss by then and my clothes will be a bit looser.

I lost 1lb again. I have now lost 6lb in 4 weeks. I'm losing very slowly but at least it has been a loss each week. My nephews christening in in 8 weeks so I am focusing on hitting a stone overall loss by then. Hopefully I will actually be able to see the loss by then and my clothes will be a bit looser.
A loss is a loss red so well done. When I plateaued a bit (without good reason) the group leader said to make sure I was having a third a plate of SF and back off the fruit ie free foods. What I had started doing was bringing in more fruit at quite large portion sizes and wasn't having SF foods which was hampering my weight loss.

Back