DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm a newbie, also doing from home due to shift work and self motivation really :)

Good luck to you all on your journeys xx
Welcome and good luck. This site will be invaluable to you. It really helps if you have the starter pack. You can get it online from Ebay or go to one class.
If you find things difficult dont give up soneone on here will help you.
The main thing is stick at it. .
I personally thing its an eating plan not a diet and you will not have to deprive yourself just change your eating habits.

Slimming World survuval is another good place to visit. Excellent for syn values

Good luck :D

Hello all!
I'm also doing SW from home, as an online member, I have the pack, a few cooking books and a 3 month diet logging diary (not SW but compatible). I have over 4 stone to lose.
The books arrived half way through last week, my first week, so I spent all of this week not realising I could have had pasta!!

1st weigh in today - lost 6lb!

Well done. It s a really good eating plan. I went to one group meeting and thats enabled me to get the app. Recipes are so nice. Made chicken tagine friday. Was lovely...had it with cous cousvand green salad
Keep up the good work

Yes great recipes, I made home made burgers, syn free chips and relish on Thursday. My son said he wanted the chips everyday!
I made a bit of a mistake today, had two slices of bread, not realising that the syns were 3 each! (I could have easily just had 1 with my boiled egg!) But still managed to have 1 Lindor chocolate ball as an Easter treat! Only 1 syn now left all day.... herbal teas here I come!

Could you have syned the bread? I must try the chips
I had already had 2 weetabix so both slices had to be synned. My mistake was not realising it was 6 syns for 2 slices. I find if I want a sandwich I'm better off having 1 weetabix and syning that instead! I'm so much better at this when I plan properly! Still new at this!
I've run out of semi skimmed this morning so will have either melon or toast for brekkie.
Good luck everyone.
C

You are so right. Planning is the key. U cook a lot saturday so i have a ni brainer for dinner. The bread thing gets me too. Often have omlette and salad f breakfast. Bacon or mushroom even tomato omlette. Its a wonder i dont turn into a salad lol!

I'm struggling to get any fruit / veg into my brekkie, so can see why salad or fryup is great start. Not keen on omelette, but love eggs (weird I know).

I'm struggling to get any fruit / veg into my brekkie, so can see why salad or fryup is great start. Not keen on omelette, but love eggs (weird I know).
Haha. Not keen on eggs but like omlette. Opposite to you. I went to one group meet and digned up so got online app. Is great for recipes and ideas for breakfast lunch etc. Can t send to anyone as tried with my daughter and she could nt upload. If theres anything you want me to look up and you ve not got the app let me know.

Haha. Not keen on eggs but like omlette. Opposite to you. I went to one group meet and digned up so got online app. Is great for recipes and ideas for breakfast lunch etc. Can t send to anyone as tried with my daughter and she could nt upload. If theres anything you want me to look up and you ve not got the app let me know.

I have an iphone app but don't know where to search for recipes! I have managed to favourite quite a few online. Great ideas! Any favourites you have?

I do like to try different things. Recently made chicken in blk bean sauce and chicken tagine. Love thai curry with sweet potato and italian stuffed peppers. If i do pork chops or steak in the slow cooker in the week i do extra and use the meat off the spare ones for stir fry with noodles. I am starting a boot camp today and doing Cassie Ho s PITT ROUTINE. She is on u tube. Completely free. She has a monthly calender of exercises and recipes to down load it s called Blogalates. The pitt will only take ten mins per day so am giving ut a go. No naughtiness for 6 weeks. Will miss the wine at weekend but no pain no gain...or loss in my case

I do like to try different things. Recently made chicken in blk bean sauce and chicken tagine. Love thai curry with sweet potato and italian stuffed peppers. If i do pork chops or steak in the slow cooker in the week i do extra and use the meat off the spare ones for stir fry with noodles. I am starting a boot camp today and doing Cassie Ho s PITT ROUTINE. She is on u tube. Completely free. She has a monthly calender of exercises and recipes to down load it s called Blogalates. The pitt will only take ten mins per day so am giving ut a go. No naughtiness for 6 weeks. Will miss the wine at weekend but no pain no gain...or loss in my case
Good luck and go for it! Sounds exciting!
I dug out my pilates machine yesterday, but hardly did anything on it as the kids kept asking for "a go"!
But I have left it out and an doing a 30 day challenge of doing either pilates / yogoa or 10k steps everyday. I'm going to look up that PITT!

Walked nearly 9miles. Been goid foodwise except choc ice.
Hope you get chance to do some exercise. I want to get cycle helmet and do more biking.
Working tomorrow all day so not much exercise.
Love pilates. Cassie ho has a lot of short pilates workouts on her blogalates website. Give it a look
Faye x

Spent yesterday walking with the family. 17k steps! We ended up in a cafe and I chose a chicken & veg broth & wholemeal roll (my hex B).
I'm not sure how much I should have allowed for the broth, so I may have gone over syns yesterday. It didn't seem very oily. Hoping the walking made up for that!

I was lying in bed last night waving my arms frantically to get those last 250 steps on my fitbit!

Lucky you....mine wont register arm waves. Talking to a neighbour yesterday who like me walks and we both now cycle I nearly had a heart attack as my fitbit was nt on my wrist. Panic! Panic over I hadn t put it back on after my shower.
Do you sleep in it so you can monitor your sleep?
Like sw myfitnesspal my fitbit has become a way of life.
Maybe not a bad thing
Lovely mum and daughter spa day tomorrow so water aerobics class to counteract the benton box and glass of prosseco. Happy days:wee::angel:

Back