DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm restarting SW but going to try it at home. I went to group following a 12 week GP referral and lost 2 stones, but when I stopped going, I found them again ! I'm pretty outgoing so going to the group and being weighed was a bit of a motivation for me, but I wasn't over keen on staying, hence I'm going to give it a go again, with the help of others here who are doing the same thing?

Fingers crossed !

I'm doing SW from home. My first weigh in is tomorrow. I've done really well to not weigh myself this week as I usually (when dieting) weigh myself after a few days to see how I've done. I really hope I have a good loss tomorrow as I have an event in June I want to lose weight for. I'm aiming for a four stone loss over all but that's over 7 months.

Hi
I'm starting again and doing it from home. I don't get on with the groups around my area, so I've got my notebook ready and I'm scanning here for support. :)

Hi everyone! I've just started on Slimming World but I'm trying to do it from home as I can't really justify the cost of going to group! My sister- and mother-in law are helping me as they're both old hands at SW and have been to groups on and off for the last 5 years. I'm finding it quite hard to get to grips with all the rules and the random things that are classed as free or HEXA/B and those that aren't, but I've been trying to build a list of 'safe' foods :D

Good luck to anyone just starting too!

Hi everyone! I've just started on Slimming World but I'm trying to do it from home as I can't really justify the cost of going to group! My sister- and mother-in law are helping me as they're both old hands at SW and have been to groups on and off for the last 5 years. I'm finding it quite hard to get to grips with all the rules and the random things that are classed as free or HEXA/B and those that aren't, but I've been trying to build a list of 'safe' foods :D

Good luck to anyone just starting too!

Yes I've been doing it at home too, only lost 1lb the first week but 2 more the second. I made a few mistakes the 1st week like thinking the Quark Strawberry yogurt was 1.5 syns then it turned out to be 5.5 so I definitely went over a few times! I've found if you make a salad and just add some to your meals you lose weight better, eating tons of speed food seems to work. You do feel like you're always eating fruit n veg though so I have a Freddo (5 syns) daily. Plus I find only one HEX B difficult, I could easily eat 2! Overall enjoying it. I'm vegetarian so any recipe ideas appreciated? Seem to be eating lots of jacket potatoes with beans n veg stews/curries..

I’m new and doing it from home. I’m not sure a class would take me as I don’t need to loose a lot of weight and I think I might get some funny looks. I’m within my BMI but having always been a slim 8-10 my size 12 clothes are getting tight and I’m noticing a change in shape. I’ve crossed the age 40 line and my GP warned me at my last check that weight going on now is harder to lose. I’m on a bit of a weight loss - around 9lbs to a stone. - and then a preventative measure so I don’t just keep gaining. I’ve bought the starter pack off eBay so have a lot of information but need to keep checking Syns. I’m struggling a bit with dairy alternatives as I drink soya milk but the free yoghurts are all dairy ones!! Any suggestions?? I’m trying the Danone fat free sugar feee ones to see if I can manage them. I’m lactose intolerant but only to a certain level as I do eat things with milk in occasionally. I can’t really afford the online membership so hoping to pick up tips from here.

I’m new and doing it from home. I’m not sure a class would take me as I don’t need to loose a lot of weight and I think I might get some funny looks. I’m within my BMI but having always been a slim 8-10 my size 12 clothes are getting tight and I’m noticing a change in shape. I’ve crossed the age 40 line and my GP warned me at my last check that weight going on now is harder to lose. I’m on a bit of a weight loss - around 9lbs to a stone. - and then a preventative measure so I don’t just keep gaining. I’ve bought the starter pack off eBay so have a lot of information but need to keep checking Syns. I’m struggling a bit with dairy alternatives as I drink soya milk but the free yoghurts are all dairy ones!! Any suggestions?? I’m trying the Danone fat free sugar feee ones to see if I can manage them. I’m lactose intolerant but only to a certain level as I do eat things with milk in occasionally. I can’t really afford the online membership so hoping to pick up tips from here.

Hi yes I'm the same, doing it at home and on soya milk. I've found the new Alpro Go On Soya yogurts with a fruit layer are great. You feel like you've had a filling dessert. They're 1.5 syns so not free but low syn. I recommend the mango ones. They're 4 for £3 in Asda. See what you think! And good luck!

Thank you. Shame there’s nothing totally free from the dairy free range but I guess 1.5 Syns is manageable. My non SW general gearing was really bad and I lived on syns!! Snacking on bread and cheese and synful cereal, oh and crisps!! 3 days without my salt hit and I can feel the toe cramps the salt seems to help with, and I’ve developed a sore throat which always appears when I stop crisps!! Found some salt n vinegar big snack a jack things but own brand for keeping costs down so hoping to use them for a while.

I know what you mean, you feel like you're just eating fruit and veg all the time and sometimes you just don't feel like cooking from scratch... So I know what you mean!

I’m struggling a bit with dairy alternatives as I drink soya milk but the free yoghurts are all dairy ones!! Any suggestions?? I’m trying the Danone fat free sugar feee ones to see if I can manage them. I’m lactose intolerant but only to a certain level as I do eat things with milk in occasionally. I can’t really afford the online membership so hoping to pick up tips from here.

I've had to start doing SW lactose free over the last few months too and I'm only just getting to grips with it. I often had almond milk previously simply because I like it but now I'm limited ONLY to lacto-free (or dairy free) products, not many of which are SW-friendly. I've also not had any luck with yogurts so I just have the plain unsweetened soya one, which is fairly low syn. Arla Lacto Free milk can be used as HeA (how much depends on skimmed etc) and so can the Arla Mature Cheddar (no low fat version though, unfortunately). I'm struggling most with soft cheese that can be used as a HeA. I used to have Philladelphia loads but the Arla lacto free soft cheese is full fat and so can't be used as a HeA unfortunately.

I've had to start doing SW lactose free over the last few months too and I'm only just getting to grips with it. I often had almond milk previously simply because I like it but now I'm limited ONLY to lacto-free (or dairy free) products, not many of which are SW-friendly. I've also not had any luck with yogurts so I just have the plain unsweetened soya one, which is fairly low syn. Arla Lacto Free milk can be used as HeA (how much depends on skimmed etc) and so can the Arla Mature Cheddar (no low fat version though, unfortunately). I'm struggling most with soft cheese that can be used as a HeA. I used to have Philladelphia loads but the Arla lacto free soft cheese is full fat and so can't be used as a HeA unfortunately.

I am also finding this hard - i am dairy free and have Alpro Soya yoghurt with banana in the morning, which I am synning. I have managed to switch to black coffee to reduce the syns, but dairy alternatives are pushing my average up.

Very frustrating! o_O

Hello group,
I am a man from Cyprus and i was on SW before. I started lost some stopped gain a few and then restart lost and gain (all my fault of course). And i was going to the groups. But i was feeling a bit strange. So today i started on my own. Please wish me luck
Goal 25 kilos.

For those of you weighing at home, what scales do you use? I have an electronic Salter one but it's so variant that I really don't trust it. If it weren't for the extreme bagginess of my clothes I'd be convinced by the scales that I hadn't lost a lb!

For those of you weighing at home, what scales do you use? I have an electronic Salter one but it's so variant that I really don't trust it. If it weren't for the extreme bagginess of my clothes I'd be convinced by the scales that I hadn't lost a lb!

Same as me, Salter.

It takes me 4 or 5 attempts to be convinced with the accuracy as I move it around my living room until I get the same weight flash up 2 or 3 times! It can vary by 3lbs though which make me doubt it. I've used it from day 1 though so I like to keep the consistency.

Same as me, Salter.

It takes me 4 or 5 attempts to be convinced with the accuracy as I move it around my living room until I get the same weight flash up 2 or 3 times! It can vary by 3lbs though which make me doubt it. I've used it from day 1 though so I like to keep the consistency.
Surely the lack of consistency makes them unfit for purpose?

Back