DOING SW FROM HOME???

@Soooze the only sleep SW related issue I can remember was having to get up regularly through the night to pee, must have been water retention at the start. That was when I started out a few years back.No other issues other than usual life stresses....,

Welcome back Quins and best of luck to you :D It's great that you have jumped back in.

@Soooze I have had problems with sleeping for the past while before starting back so I'm not the best person to ask! I get to sleep easily but I've become a very light sleeper and am awake at least once every night. I'm actually hoping Slimming World might help with that, eating better and all, but so far it's had no effect.

Hi everyone. I've just discovered this site today so please accept my apologies if I am in the wrong place to say Hello and to let you know that I too am starting Slimming World from home from NOW!
My bio says it all!
Also, I use My Fitness Pal but wasn't really sure how to work it in with Slimming World as it's all calorie counter and SW isn't?
I hope to make some new friends along my journey here, just hope I've not got banned for waffling in the wrong place!

I don't think you would ever get banned over something like that :D Hello and welcome!

Most will advise just sticking to the plan as many people get confused when starting out on SW and the last thing you need to do is add to that confusion by calorie counting. However, I'll be honest and say I still log everything on MFP. I started using it when I was closing in on target the last time (although look where that got me :oops:) because I wanted to make sure I wasn't being OTT on my portion sizes etc.

At the end of the day it is your journey and how you choose to take it is entirely up to you! Best of luck :)

Did first weigh in this morning and lost 4.5lbs. I know I should be pleased but I'd lost 4lb by day 2 so was hoping to almost lose a leg! LoL
Struggling this evening feel really hungry and succumbed to a pack of mini cheddars so feel cross with myself.
My hubby has been eating the meals I've cooked but still had wine, beer and crisps; he just informed me he weighed himself and lost 3lb. He also told me what he weighed and he's 6.5lb less than me :( Feel huge now especially as I'm 10 inches shorter!!! I'm severely under height for my weight and as I'm not going to grow in height I must keep at shedding the weight.

Oh @Soooze don't be discouraged! That's a great loss. Men always lose more, there is no point in comparing yourself to your husband or to anyone else for that matter! This is your journey :)

Also, you shouldn't be feeling hungry - are you eating enough in general? Getting enough superfree and eating your syns?

Also I weigh nearly 4 stone more than my other half so let's not even go down that black hole of miserable thinking :confused:

I too am still logging on Myfitnesspal. It helps to keep portion sizes in control for me, it's alright a food being free but I don't wish to eat 1000 calories worth of it! I also use it to log exercise.

Oh @Soooze don't be discouraged! That's a great loss. Men always lose more, there is no point in comparing yourself to your husband or to anyone else for that matter! This is your journey :)

Also, you shouldn't be feeling hungry - are you eating enough in general? Getting enough superfree and eating your syns?

Also I weigh nearly 4 stone more than my other half so let's not even go down that black hole of miserable thinking :confused:
Thanks for that, it is my journey and I want it for me.
Having super free and syns, hope yesterday was a one off. Need to remember I will stray from plan sometimes and need to get over it and carry on. Just wish it was easier sometimes :)

After joining here on Monday I am reading replies daily. I write all of my food down, just like when I used to go to class. I then carry it over to My Fitness Pal. My tiny amount of exercise is also logged there too via my Fitbit. I do know what I'm doing it's just the sicking to it that's the problem but my head is in gear, I live alone so only have myself to feed so no excuses.
Thank you all for the welcome and encouragement xx

I keep it offline. I only left class last year after going and staying each week for three years continuous so I'm ok on that score. Think I got bored of hearing the same thing week in week out at image therapy. I know if I over eat the wrong foods I'll put on weight. I know I need to use my syns. Know I need to use my healthy a and bs etc. I just got blaze'.
I'll get back to making egg custards and quiches hehe. Thank you again xxx
Edited to add...and make my favourite Mushy Peas Gravy

Well I learnt I was making mistakes today. I'm not looking close enough at the 'free' recipes on SW as they aren't always free! Oh well, i'm new to this so I expect there will be more mistakes to come.

Well I learnt I was making mistakes today. I'm not looking close enough at the 'free' recipes on SW as they aren't always free! Oh well, i'm new to this so I expect there will be more mistakes to come.

Which recipes? That's very worrying! :eek:

Which recipes? That's very worrying! :eek:

Don't worry! It's just me being a bit stooopid o_O. I didn't realise that some of the 'free' recipes assumed you would use some if the ingredients as hea or heb. I'm new to this and didn't realise I had to scrutinise the recipes. I'll just need to be more careful in future and add syns for such recipes :D

Morning! Back to it after years of faffing. Hopefully I can stick to it. Its such a mind game for me. But if I can get into a routine, rhythm, zone... whatever its called then I'm good! I'm in my upper 40's too and it does seem to get harder as you get older. Anyway, off to weigh and see you soon ☺

Back