DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning! Back to it after years of faffing. Hopefully I can stick to it. Its such a mind game for me. But if I can get into a routine, rhythm, zone... whatever its called then I'm good! I'm in my upper 40's too and it does seem to get harder as you get older. Anyway, off to weigh and see you soon ☺
Best of luck!

Morning!

I was just wondering if there is a beginner's advice thread anywhere? I'm struggling as I know I'm not doing this right with s foods and p foods and I'm confused lol. I did find a link to one doing a search but it doesn't work :(.

Thanks.

Morning!

I was just wondering if there is a beginner's advice thread anywhere? I'm struggling as I know I'm not doing this right with s foods and p foods and I'm confused lol. I did find a link to one doing a search but it doesn't work :(.

Thanks.

I've just spotted this now. Honestly I really think you should go to a class, just even for a week. It'll cost a tenner (or less if you have a voucher) and you'll get all the books and a 40 minute-ish introductory talk from a consultant.

It'll get it straight in your head and then you'll have your books to refer back to. The internet is great for ideas, recipes, syn questions and clarifying things but there are threads here regarding old plans that no longer exist and you're just going to muddle yourself up without something to use as a point of reference. That would be my opinion anyway and I'm sorry if it doesn't seem much help. Obviously I'm going it alone too but I have been a member twice, successfully lost weight both times and I have all my old materials for guidance (plus websites like this to keep me up to date on plan updates etc!).

Get it right in your head once and it all becomes so much easier. You just need to give yourself a proper chance to get to know the plan.

Hi Everyone, I am new - see my post in the info section :)

I am doing SW online and had my first weigh in yesterday, lost 9lbs! Would have been happy with 2-3lbs on week one, so was amazed - weighed myself 4 or 5 times to be sure!

Have my head in the game 100% at the moment, so hoping to keep that up!

Really looking forward to speaking to others having the same journey as me. Absolutely love Slimming World!

Hi Everyone, I am new - see my post in the info section :)

I am doing SW online and had my first weigh in yesterday, lost 9lbs! Would have been happy with 2-3lbs on week one, so was amazed - weighed myself 4 or 5 times to be sure!

Have my head in the game 100% at the moment, so hoping to keep that up!

Really looking forward to speaking to others having the same journey as me. Absolutely love Slimming World!

What a great first loss! Welcome, I'm pretty new here too.

I've just spotted this now. Honestly I really think you should go to a class, just even for a week. It'll cost a tenner (or less if you have a voucher) and you'll get all the books and a 40 minute-ish introductory talk from a consultant.

It'll get it straight in your head and then you'll have your books to refer back to. The internet is great for ideas, recipes, syn questions and clarifying things but there are threads here regarding old plans that no longer exist and you're just going to muddle yourself up without something to use as a point of reference. That would be my opinion anyway and I'm sorry if it doesn't seem much help. Obviously I'm going it alone too but I have been a member twice, successfully lost weight both times and I have all my old materials for guidance (plus websites like this to keep me up to date on plan updates etc!).

Get it right in your head once and it all becomes so much easier. You just need to give yourself a proper chance to get to know the plan.

I'm building the confidence up to attend a class, I've found a couple near to me. Thank you.

What a great first loss! Welcome, I'm pretty new here too.

I know, I am really happy with it! :) Thanks for the welcome, and best of luck! I think this forum will be really useful for me, as you lose out to some extent on the connection to others following the plan with not going to group.

Hello everyone,
Doing SW from home as a) can't get to meetings and b) they wouldn't let me join as I have a kidney disease (as well as MS) and they said people with kidney diseases often lost weight and that would skew any figures, plus they wouldn't be able to advise me .... well knickers to them as I'm doing it anyway! Have lost half a stone but now stuck fast, so hoping being here will give me new inspiration. Although biggest hurdle to overcome is the hb, who does all the cooking bless him ........ have a few obstacles actually - low mobility and difficulty in exercising, dairy intolerant and veggie and many of the SW ready meals not suitable. Maybe I'll find a vegetarian/vegan thread on here? Looking forward to posting and to chatting.

Hello everyone,
Doing SW from home as a) can't get to meetings and b) they wouldn't let me join as I have a kidney disease (as well as MS) and they said people with kidney diseases often lost weight and that would skew any figures, plus they wouldn't be able to advise me .... well knickers to them as I'm doing it anyway! Have lost half a stone but now stuck fast, so hoping being here will give me new inspiration. Although biggest hurdle to overcome is the hb, who does all the cooking bless him ........ have a few obstacles actually - low mobility and difficulty in exercising, dairy intolerant and veggie and many of the SW ready meals not suitable. Maybe I'll find a vegetarian/vegan thread on here? Looking forward to posting and to chatting.
Welcome:).
Have you spoken to your doctor about doing sw? They would probably be able to advise you better than an sw consultant.

If it helps I'm sure I've seen some vegetarian as recipes on the web, Pinterest seems to be good for recipes!

Good luck on your journey :)

Hey, doing SW myself at home. Can't go to classes due to home / family / work balance time constraints. I hgave the books and one of my work friends is a member so I have someones brains to pick for sysn when can't find online. I don't have loads to loose ( I don't weigh myself but I reckon between half a stone and three quarters) as not overweight but want to feel comfortable again. Can't exercise due to health issues but any hints / tips you can on getting into right habits and useful ideas for breakfast and lucnh on the go are useful as hubby works shifts and I'm planning meals on us both to try get us both healthier and slimmer.
Am I naive in thinking its possible to do yourself without a group?

It's definitely doable without a group pink. I personally prefer the group but after you get yourself into the routine of the plan you will have no problems at all. The hardest part is getting yourself into the routine and the mindset of taking your healthy extras and syns. After a few weeks it becomes second nature, you no longer see food, just the number of syns haha.

We're all here for you when you struggle ;) that goes for anyone, if you are ever stuck feel free to message me, if i can't help i'll run the query by my consultant for you and don't forget the generic 20kcal per syn rule if you are stuck. If you fall off the wagon (like we all do) put it down as a bad day and get back on plan the next morning, don't think it will ruin your whole week, i had a complete blow out once or twice and still managed a decent loss ;)

- ALWAYS measure your healthy extras and make sure you take them daily!
- If in doubt, 20kcal = 1 syn
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat plenty of Speed Foods (mainly fruit and veg)
- 1/3 of your meal should be speed
- Eat regularly! If you aren't hungry, have an apple or something, it's speed, helps burn weight and keeps your metabolism running.

Hi everyone,

Due to circumstances I am now looking to lose weight with slimming world at home. The original plan was to go to group but out of the many groups around me - none offer a Friday morning or weekend which is the only times I can go (kids, husband, work...). Is not worth joining slimming world online or just using this site?

I've been a member of sw before a couple of years ago so have many cookbooks and syn guides etc.

I have a lot of weight to lose so I'm here for the long haul - please help me. I really enjoyed the groups for the support and image therapy so I'm disappointed that I won't have that anymore.

Looking forward to being on this journey with you :)

Just be careful with the old books, some things may have changed due to ingredients being added in foods. For example, bachelors beef rice used to be free and now it's 2 syns. Just little things like that you need to look out for so i suggest a quick double check on some things just to be on the safe side ;)

Just be careful with the old books, some things may have changed due to ingredients being added in foods. For example, bachelors beef rice used to be free and now it's 2 syns. Just little things like that you need to look out for so i suggest a quick double check on some things just to be on the safe side ;)

Thanks! Maybe I'll join online and have a sneak peek at the new stuff - I can always cancel the subscription I guess but at least I'll have the most up to date values. :)

I thought I'd finally got into my stride doing this from home and last week I was on it and motivated. Little disappointed to see only a half pound loss this week, just shows what happens when you can't get the small individual packs of popcorn and plan to weigh out small potions from a big pack! I'm so cross I must have eaten the equivalent of 10 small packets in two sittings. Probably a good thing as if weight loss hadn't slowed down I'd have done it again and again thinking I'd get away with it.

^^At least you still saw a loss and like you say, won't do it again thinking you'll get away with it.

I sometimes have small losses even when I have been 100% on plan, it can come down to anything sometimes and sometimes I get a good loss the following week instead.

^^At least you still saw a loss and like you say, won't do it again thinking you'll get away with it.

I sometimes have small losses even when I have been 100% on plan, it can come down to anything sometimes and sometimes I get a good loss the following week instead.

Thanks, I feel a bit silly for doing it now but at the time I couldn't stop myself. I'm sure I'll come up against more things on my weight loss journey and I have to remember it won't happen overnight but my actions can set the pace.

Thanks, I feel a bit silly for doing it now but at the time I couldn't stop myself. I'm sure I'll come up against more things on my weight loss journey and I have to remember it won't happen overnight but my actions can set the pace.

We all do it, I never used to be able to have a lot of treats in the house because I would just eat them all, but we now keep a stash in and I just have my syns allowance. I'd struggle with portioning a bigger thing to be honest though. So easy to keep sneaking a few bites

My problem is my sweet tooth, always at it's worse on a Monday and Tuesday. These days I'm up at 5am and starving by the time I get home at 4pm. I usually end up reaching for Nutella!
I don't have spoonfuls or anything, just tiny tidbits but they add up don't they?

First weigh in tomorrow. Bit nervous if I'm honest. I feel like I've had an ok week but not amazing. Sunday was a kids football tournament day and I had a bacon sandwich, and 2 coffees with 2 sugars in each (they didn't have sweetener).
I did cook the sw pulled pork in the slow cooker Sunday which was AMAZING!! I will definitely make this again!

Along with the sw salt and pepper chips, went overboard with the chilli but they were just like the Chinese buffet ones.

Back