DOING SW FROM HOME???

Good luck with your wisdom tooth out today Tilly! Hope it goes well for you x

So I've gained 2lbs over the past two weeks, which, all things considered is not bad! :) I'm going to take the 1 1/2 sticker off until I've earnt it back :p

Hi all :) Thinking of starting SW but would have to be from home as i havnt got time at night to go to meetings!!
Ive lost 4 stone this year and now my losses have stalled, i feel like im going through every diet on minimims at the moment lol
I did a vlcd which lost me 3.5 stone, then i tried ww, cc, and juddd and i dont feel like im getting anywhere!!!

Any advice on books i would need etc would be great and just any basic info :) Trying to work my way through the forum but its so big dont know where to start lol

Many Thanks xxx

Hi everyone, was off work for a few days last week, Im ao bad when I have no routine, went completely off plan. Ate loads of crap at my nieces birthday, didn't even try to limit my syns, was on a big self-sabotaging bender!! On Saturday I went for a meal and lots of driunks, and stole a slice of pizza from some random dude..at least I didn't buy a full one! On Sunday I had big sunday dinner followed by apple tart, custard, a biscuit and then about an hour later, bonnofee pie!!:( What the hell is wrong with me?
At least I exercised, 90 minute walk Friday, run on Saturday, run on Sunday...Hoping to STS this week!

Thanks Laura it went as smoothly as possible really...except they had to cut my gum to remove the tooth so i had 1 stitch...The anaesthetic has wore off now so im in a bit of pain!! I cant eat hard food for 24 hours so all ive had today is a tin of chicken soup for lunch then mash with mince n gravy for tea. Not really SW but hey what can I do when im in pain and have to eat specific things! Hopefully its a good thing and I lose at least a pound this week haha!

2lbs is nothin in 2 weeks...that what everyone said to me remember!

xMwahx

Aw, glad it went well! Hmm, make sure you remember to take painkillers when you can? I wouldn't worry about making what you eat in the next 24 hours SW friendly, just focus on eating things that don't hurt!!

Yeah, I am defo not very dissapointed with the 2lb gain, I know it probably should have been much worse haha! But thank you :) x

Hiya can you tell me if doing SW online is anygood, I do go to a class, but can't get there much due to work commitments.

jut started SW and don;t know where I am,
in 2 weeks I put on a 1 pound, yet I was told by my food chart that I was doing it correctly.
want to try the green days, but d not know if I have to eat any meat on that day, as where else will I get my protein.
if there is any info on offer would be very grateful, cheers Brenda x

Hiya can you tell me if doing SW online is anygood, I do go to a class, but can't get there much due to work commitments.

in 2 weeks I put on a 1 pound, yet I was told by my food chart that I was doing it correctly.
want to try the green days, but d not know if I have to eat any meat on that day, as where else will I get my protein.

On the green plan you can still eat meat and fish , but it is limited. You have them as weighed healthy extras or just syn it. Personally i like to save my syns for treats only. I mainly get my protein from Quorn or Linda Mccartney products.

Hi IWantToBeAYummyMummy! :) For me, going straight at it is the best way, as you shock your system and get used to it quicker :)

IWantToBeAYummyMummy! said:
Hi can I join? I'm starting slimming world from home again. Do you find it best to slowly ease back into the diet or to go straight into head first??

I think its best to jump straight in the deep end. If you've done the plan before it will soon all fall back in to place again. Good luck. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using MiniMins

Definitely just get right involved, I half did SW for ages and actually put weight on, if you don't do it properly it doesn't really work xx

HI Brendyloo
Protein is in abundance in MOST foods! :D Beans, legumes, vegetables, fruits, tofu, etc etc. It's a myth that we need to eat animal products or meat substitutes to get protein. You also don't need as much as you may think you do too :) You are in the right place for help though. Hello!:wavey: lots of helpful folks on these boards.

I'm thinking of doing the online version of SW too.. is it exactly the same access as what you get when you're part of the meetings or are there some hidden gems in there? how does it work with the online support from the website? (although, not too sure anything can top the amount of support people give to each other on this website!!)

Thanks!

Honestly I wouldn't even bother paying for it. There's a site online called slimming eats that's full of really good SW recipes, you can get a SW pack from eBay that's really cheap, and this forum is brilliant for support and advice. I felt like even though the diet is good and principles are really good, it's a total rip off xx

Hi Everyone, I have a confession to make... i feel off the SW from home wagon and stopped tracking what i was eating! I'm back on it again, determined to lose a stone hopefully for a wedding at the end of August but it's going to be hard with allt he bbqs etc.

Does anyone have any tips or advice for eating out, or at friends house so i can make the right choices?

thanks for all your support everyone, you are all a great help!

:)

I considered the online membership but couldn't work out how Id benefit from it :/

Got my second weigh in tomorrow. Im a tad nervous. Tried on the jeans that made me want to lose weight yesterday and they were very lose around the waist which spurred me on. They've officially become my 'before' trousers so I took photos of how baggy they were and I think Ill do that every week or so to keep myself on track.

Been 100% the past 2 days and will be today as well but went slightly off plan at the weekend but still controlled so even though Im nervous about tomorrow Im still hopeful for at least 1lb off!

I don't have much advice about eating out really other than trying to find out the foods available before hand so you can do a bit of damage control. I know now that if Im spending the day at my parents for instance then I take my own snacks and something like fry light just to try and attempt to keep things sw friendly. If it's a bbq Id say stick with the veggie options.

Good luck for the stone off for August! You'll do it.

I don't have much advice about eating out really other than trying to find out the foods available before hand so you can do a bit of damage control. I know now that if Im spending the day at my parents for instance then I take my own snacks and something like fry light just to try and attempt to keep things sw friendly. If it's a bbq Id say stick with the veggie options.

Good luck for the stone off for August! You'll do it.

thanks Meliososo i'm finding it tough because i work long hours in london and as i live on my own its the done thing to grab stuff on to go and eat out. I've bought some low syn snacks andjust have them in my bag just incase! Diet coke is also a help! lol we can encourage each other! :clap:

The only things I'd say about eating out really, is go for the things you wouldn't have considered when out - i.e if you pass a burger van, quite often they do jacket potatoes, grab one of those instead! My favourite place to eat out is Nandos as I feel it's the best taste for your syns, and quite cheap too! There are looooads of threads on here about eating out, type your favourite foods to eat out into the search bar and have a look :) Oooh, another favourite of mine is sushi!! Only 1.5 syns per 100g!!! :eek:

As for eating at friends' houses, like for BBQs, find out if they will have brown bread, and if not take a few slices/a roll?? Might feel awkward, but at least you're then prepared and won't feel bad about yourself if you have a burger - you'll only have to syn the actual burger meat! :) Go for as much of the salads as you can, potatoes etc :)

Back