DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning! Happy bunny this morning as one week of sw done and lost 5lbs! Woo hoo!

Might sound a silly question but can you eat as much fruit as you like? I thought you could but read a post saying you can't?! Only done red days so looking forward to trying a green :)

Jen x

Morning! Happy bunny this morning as one week of sw done and lost 5lbs! Woo hoo!

Might sound a silly question but can you eat as much fruit as you like? I thought you could but read a post saying you can't?! Only done red days so looking forward to trying a green :)

Jen x
Wow!! well done you! 5lbs is a gr8 loss.
All fruit is free on the plan. However, some say that you should limit some fruit such as bananas and grapes.
You just need to see how you do, if you are eating fruit and losing - then "if it ain't broke - don't fix it" - stay as you are. If you stop losing weight, then it's time to make some changes.
Good luck for this week
Tina

Hey guys, hope you are all well. Havn't managed to get online for a week or so, been a busy bee but felt myself slipping a little this week so thought i best get my bum back online for some motivation. Weighed last night and lost 2 pounds so havn't done too bad, lost 10pound in all now so aiming for another two pounds off this week at least. Fingers crossed. Hope you are all doing well. Any yummy ideas for tea tonight? xxx

Thanks girls it's good to get some encouragement!
Well Done Jenny & Amanda!
Amanda how about steak with stuffed peppers (with couscous) and salad yummy love it!
X

Thanks Tina, I'm very happy. Now for the next week! I was really craving biscuits yesterday but was good and had a banana instead. Just read on another thread that you have to have your syns in a day. I haven't really had many and thought I would save them for a few glasses of wine at the weekend, is this ok?

Reading some threads, I'm getting confused! For my he, I have milk and cereal (from the list) every morning. Do I need something else too?

Thank you for any help!

Jen :)

Oooh thanks Tilly, that sounds yummy, might give that a try. I am not a fan of steak, i am a converted veggie so it is a little too meaty for me but it will def go down a treat with my husband so that's his tea sorted i may just swap my steak for chicken.

Jenny, I am guessing it would be an Extra Easy day as you're mixing meat and carbs :) Well done to everyone who's had a loss this week!

My first green day wasn't as hard as I thought it'd be... The only thing I really struggled with was no meat... Any ideas for yummy, filling green day meals?? Might just have a search on here rather than bugging you guys :p 3 weeks to go until my birthday, bought a gorgeous dress and should probably lose about 5lbs for it to fit perfectly - it does fit now, but is a tiny bit on the snug side... So yeah, hoping that the change to green days for a while might give me a boost :)

I'm really liking the sound of the stuffed peppers and steaks - I have a friend coming round for dinner so might make that, minus the steaks :p x

Thanks Tina, I'm very happy. Now for the next week! I was really craving biscuits yesterday but was good and had a banana instead. Just read on another thread that you have to have your syns in a day. I haven't really had many and thought I would save them for a few glasses of wine at the weekend, is this ok?

Reading some threads, I'm getting confused! For my he, I have milk and cereal (from the list) every morning. Do I need something else too?
Thank you for any help!

Jen :)
Hi Jen
It's fine to save syns for the weekend. It may be easier for you to view your syns as 70 a week, rather than 10 each day.
As to breakfast - the good thing about the plan is that it is so flexible - if you like cereal, but are hungry after, then you can also have something else (I sometimes have a portion of cereal and then make a pancake with one beaten egg, in an omlette pan and turn it as you would a pancake, then I put it on a plate, put a slice of ham on top and roll it into a sausage shape - scrummy) or a banana - or you can have a fried breakfast with it
Hope this helps
Tina x

Tilly when I have green day I make riso gallo risotto with quorn pieces for lunch ad add spinach peas and mushrooms, And use a hexB on prawns and have nice pasta for dinner as you get quite a good allowance. Asda meatless burgers are good too as they are 0.5 syns each so I have 2 with a wholemeal roll, chips and SW coleslaw/salad. Really filling! Xx

If you are just starting out its best to view your syn as 15 a day rather than 10, or 105 a week if you were to do them weekly. You only really start amending and dropping them down after when your losses become very slow as its a way of cutting back treats without cutting back on the very balanced part of the plan, if you aren't using syns and don't lose you can only then cut back on the vital bits of this diet, which is no good as that's the part that's balanced or cut your portions right down which again will probably make you miserable. Definitely try using all your syns xx

That makes sense! Thank you :)

Just had a veg omelette and salad for lunch, so could still be a red or green day!

I've got some skate for tea, first time i've tried it, love fish. Not sure what to have with it tho!!

I eat so much more now than I used to, ha! Love it :)

Hubby wants a curry at the weekend (takeaway), would that be about 1000 syns??!!
Not sure how many syns are in a curry but i do know Chowmain is about 7.5 syns. The SW chicken curray recipe is lovely and far nicer than the takeaway if you have the time to make it your self!

Ooooh, not actually as bad as I thought! Might make one, that way I can have a glass of wine too!

Thanks ladies :)

Honestly you should make your own.. We have curry days on Friday now, bf has got well into cooking them. All SW ones and they taste brilliant. And most of them are free, we usually have wild rice and an indian salad with them, and Poppadoms are only 4 each or an average chappati not cooked in fat is 5.5, so you can make something really high in syns normally really low :) x

What's your fave curry and I'll look it up for you? X

Back