DOING SW FROM HOME???

Laura94B said:
Welcome all newbies, nice to have some new input :)

I know it's really bad, but I had some vodka and gin last night and am not going to syn it... I had a really good night with a good friend of mine, and don't feel bloated/hungover/bad for having it, and it was such a little amount and I haven't had a drink in a few weeks... I stuck to the diet food wise, so that's all good :) I had the most amazing desert last night, and it was so simple! A tbsp and a half of squirty cream, loads of raspberries and 10 mini meringues (1 syn! :O) so I am happy with that discovery :D

Back on plan 100% today, doing another green day (which I am loving). Came down this morning and mum said I was looking skinny so I am in THE best mood haha! Especially considering she sees me every day and I wouldn't expect her to see too much of a difference :D

Sorry for the rambling haha, just in a good mood! Really thinking about attempting the 30 day shred today, scared though :( I will think about it for now :p x

Go for it Laura. I have done it 2 days running and have just struggled pushing my trolley round the supermarket. Your desert sounds yummy and I look forward to trying that myself x

Hi Sarah and welcome I'm sorry you have been going through such a rough time lately ((hug))

3 stone + on EE in sucha short time is fab thats double mine since January, I did EE to start with as I'm doing SW from home wit no books just this wonderful place and other snippetts I found online and it was easier, I switched to Red a few weeks ago I just looked around the site and pieced things together from varous thread this was the first I came across... http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/196214-how-do-red-days-work.html, It's a bit of a learning curve but I'm feeling better with not so many carbs in my system.. Have you tried running your diet through myfitnesspal, if it's a slow down of weight loss you are worrying about ? I did when I was on EE and was shocked at how many calories I was consuming due to portion size of free foods, you just type in the amounts you've eaten each day and then it calculates an average weekly weight loss or gain if you continue eating the same sizes each day...

Right better get the oven finished before school run else it will be another salad for me and everyone else will starve lol, I think I'm going to do coley with egg and melted cheese with carrot and swede mash (my potato mash substitute) then strawberries with cucumber and cheese on ryvita for desert mmmm

Yeah, alcopops are ridiculous! I guess it's because they are mainly sugar... :\ Yummy though haha! They should do a diet version :p But yeah, I am still feeling healthy, and I think I would syn them if it had made me feel guilty or anything, but who cares ;D

They do light versions but not in pubs, but the syns are only one or two different I think,

Hellooo! I have totally neglected here due to maintaining for the last 2 weeks due to generally being an idiot.

Do any of you use twitter? I'd really love to talk to people there, I use it a lot more than here!!

hope you're all doing well xoxox

Evening all,

I have managed day 3 of my 30 day shred and if my legs will let me I am going to climb the stairs to bed now. Hope you have all had a good food day. Catch you all tomorrow x

Yay!! Well done you xxx

Hi all,

I've been doing SW from home for what seems like forever but in reality is about 18 months. Having said that, the last 10 months or so have only been playing and kept going off the rails at the weekend. The last two months have been awful (coincidentally 2 months since I posted on my diary regularly) and finally faced the music and weighed in on Monday I've put on 6lb from my lightest so still have 31lbs to go. I've been on track properly since Sunday, including doing couch to 5k at the gym yesterday and think I need to post on as many support threads as possible to keep me going. I really want to hit target by Christmas at the latest.

I've only read through the last few pages and am really impressed how many people are doing the 30 day shred - I can never do more than a couple of days of that before I'm in too much pain to move for a week.

Don't ever feel like a bad mummy, your just a bit meh about your interview, why do you fee it wasnt so good? What was it for? I bet it wasn't as bad you think, we all can be overcritical and it's never usually deserved

Xx

Cheers hun. I was feeling crappy yesterday! Interview went ok but huge competition so we'll see. I'm a nurse, job is a haematology day unit, extremely tough. Fingers crossed! If I don't get it, just cos something better is round the corner :)

Lovely to have lots of new people on the thread. Gonna have to start the 30 day shred, starting to feel left out, ha!

Weigh in day tomorrow, really hoping for a loss again. Will try to remain positive whatever!

Right then, preschool run and then my weekly veg and fruit shop!!

Jen :)

Morning All!! 1lb off this morning! Very good considering my blow out on Sunday..beer and pizza! Back on track now with a vengeance. Nobody has noticed any weight loss yet..I can't wait for the next few pounds to show! Gibso, Im pretty sure it's free!!

Good morning everyone,

I made it to work after my workout yesterday and I have to say that I am really not aching as much as I thought I was going to. I actually felt more uncomfortable yesterday. Maybe this is the beginning of it getting easier for me. I looked into getting some hand weights yesterday as my OH ate my tin of baked beans I was using for lunch lol I am using kidney beans now. I didn't realise they were quite that expensive. I want to make sure I am going to stick with it before spending money on weights. Its my birthday soon so maybe I could ask for the weights as a pressie. Hope you are all well and positively motivated for today. After all the sun is shining and when the sun shines you can achieve anything ;) x

icurez2002;After all the sun is shining and when the sun shines you can achieve anything ;) x[/QUOTE said:
Absolutely! I love the sun, feel much more positive. Rain just makes me want tea and biscuits!!

Well done on 1lb loss, that's exciting with a bad weekend!

Green day today as need some energy for a run later, also really in the mood for cous cous :)

Icurez have you looked at the hand weights in places like Asda or tesco they are usuallly reasonably priced...

STS for me this week which is good as I had loads of wine and alchopops over the weekend...

Second day of the milk free wheat free trial, last night I couldn't believe how bloated I was having had neither all day Hoping that was just a hiccup and I'm not intolerent to something else too, although I feel bloated again today now I've just a tuna salad for lunch.

I'm meeting my best friend in the world ever tomorrow and we're going for breakfast so I'm just planning my choices, not impressed as the resturant doesn't seem to cater for milk free or wheat free diets, I'll ask if they can prepare my food with soya milk instead of cows milk and hope they stock that...

Hope everyone is havig a good day x

Thought I'd get past day 2 before messing up but appears not..... Friend came over for lunch. I ate 2 wholemeal pittas (not heb ones), half a pot of houmous, green salad with no dressing, handful of kettle chips and 2 syns worth of black olives. Not even sure how to begin to syn it... Will just be extra careful the rest of today and not have any syns tomorrow.....

I have no idea about syns, but don't worry about it. It's done now, bet it tasted nice!

Tomorrow is a new day :)

Don't worry too much. Just start back on plan tomorrow, for ages and ages I fell into the trap of eating badly for a day, which went on to the rest of the week... Now if I have a bad meal I just do SW the rest of the day and straight back next day, it was a massive change in habits and was quite proud to change them as had been habit of a lifetime kinda thing. X

Thanks. I have just carried on as normal today - free food dinner and a couple of syns for afters. 100% tomorrow

And yes, lunch did taste really nice!

Woah, made it through today with zero syns haha, impressed :p Off to indulge in a packet of walkers, yum!

Im starting from home, hated my classes as they were very boring and big! By the time the consultant had gone through all the people, congratulated them on their loss and asked how they did it, it was time to go home! Did not find it inspiring it all, and i hated the idea of paying to stand on some scales when i can do it at home free :) So now with the money i save from slimming world i go to aqua fit, i know then im active and burning calories...and it blinkin' knackers me afterwards! But i LOVE it!! :D I'll try and do as well as you ladies, but if i dont im sure you'll forgive me :p Good luck everyone x

Thats day 4 of shredding done. Finding it less of a struggle now. Just tucking into a nice chilli and rice mmmmmmmmmm :)

Back