DOING SW FROM HOME???

It's fine for the syns, just the HE's you're not supposed to split! :)

When you say wasting your syns/eating them for the sake of it, is it ok to not have them then? Sometimes, like today, i get to the end of a day and haven't had any so will have a few jaffa cakes or something just for the sake of it. Should i just not bother? Isn't that going to screw up the diet? Sorry for all the questions but am new to this after many many yrs!

When you say wasting your syns/eating them for the sake of it, is it ok to not have them then? Sometimes, like today, i get to the end of a day and haven't had any so will have a few jaffa cakes or something just for the sake of it. Should i just not bother? Isn't that going to screw up the diet? Sorry for all the questions but am new to this after many many yrs!

You should have some syns, the plan is based around the three elements being hex's, free food and syns and it works on balance of each. The general recommendation is 5-15 per day... That said different people may suggest different understandings :)

Mm, jaffa cakes...!

Hi all. Have been quiet because I've been off eating badly! Don't know what's gotten in the me this week, I seem to have had a shift in my thinking! What I actually think is because I'm at the lightest I've been since 2006 I've gotten quite complacent and appear to think that what I am now is fine - it's not. So I'm going to nip it in the bud, weigh in tomorrow and take the gain (trust me there will be a gain!) and start afresh.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all. Have been quiet because I've been off eating badly! Don't know what's gotten in the me this week, I seem to have had a shift in my thinking! What I actually think is because I'm at the lightest I've been since 2006 I've gotten quite complacent and appear to think that what I am now is fine - it's not. So I'm going to nip it in the bud, weigh in tomorrow and take the gain (trust me there will be a gain!) and start afresh.

Exactly my problem!! We can do it hun :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I have pretty much always split my hex's and lost 4 stone so will continue doing what I do! This is why I don't go to group, bit of a rebel lol

For newbies, probably a good idea to do the diet 'properly'!! You'll soon learn what your body can do and it what makes it gain.

Snow is horrendous and am petrified of putting my kids in the car. Have to get to work tho :-(

I never know whether to split my hex's or not usually I do as some consultants say you can't and others say you can from what I've read, so I might do a week of no splitting and see what happens weight loss wise

That's what I'm doing! Just to see if it makes a difference!

I'm giving myself today to sort it out in my head, need to look at some photos and shock myself again.
No snow yet here for us but the sky is full of it, just waiting for the inevitable. Still at work unless it gets over the kerb so as much as I dislike snow I'd quite like to go home earlier so am homing for a few inches. I don't drive but even if I did I don't think I'd chance it, my OH is a delivery driver and it scares me thinking of him driving in it. Am hoping he gets home before it gets bad, if we get it bad as sometimes we miss it in the little corner I live!

Weve got loads of the stuff here. Oh went on his bicycle because his car is rubbish in the snow hopefully he will be able to get home ok. Tonniann think how far you have come you van definitely beat it.

I'm new to it too so I can't speak from experience - but basically yes! The way she explained it was if you don't actually want it, don't eat it! That goes for the free foods too! If you're not actually hungry, just because its free, you can still "over eat" those foods! Only eat until you're satisfied and if you get to the end of the day and haven't used your syns and your not actually craving anything, don't have them! You can save them up too so if you dont have any syns for a few days, you could have a bottle of wine and a takeaway if youve got something like that planned, or if you just fancy it, then you know you havent gone over on your syns just because you felt like you "should" be having them everyday! I'm just trying to incorporate them into my meals a bit more! She recommended to start off with 10 syns too, I've been having 15 everyday just because that's the maximum you can have!! Ha
Another thing she pointed out was that 2 chocolate Bourbon biscuits are 7 syns, and you could get a chicken jalfrezi with plain boiled rice for 8.5 syns! So why would you choose two measily biscuits when you could have something that will actually fill you up for more or less the same syns!
So glad I went as I'm thinking about it differently now! :)

I have pretty much always split my hex's and lost 4 stone so will continue doing what I do! This is why I don't go to group, bit of a rebel lol

For newbies, probably a good idea to do the diet 'properly'!! You'll soon learn what your body can do and it what makes it gain.

Snow is horrendous and am petrified of putting my kids in the car. Have to get to work tho :-(

Very true about doing it "properly" then following your body to work it out for yourself! Think you've hit the nail on the head :D also, different consultants say different things! I just liked her as the ones I've had in the past never seemed to explain things properly and have been a bit "we'll I don't really know" or, "it's up to you really" etc

Hope you got there safely, it's not too bad where I am yet, small covering through the night but its not stopped snowing for 2 hours now and it's supposed to get heavier this afternoon!

A 1/4lb on for me this week but I'm ok with that. It's 'ladies week' and I've gone way over my syns a few times too. Next week I want to get into the 11's so I'm going to be super focused. We have quite a bit in snow in Shropshire this morning so a duvet day for me and my boys :) Be careful everyone, Ruth x

Unexpected day at home with the kids, well the younger ones, eldest still had to go in which pleased her no end as you can imagine and its a crap bus service at the best of times, never mind the snow being a factor.

Blizzarding here at the moment, good thing about it is we've cancelled girlie lunch so not got that worry over the menu choices;)

day of looking for knitting patterns, knitting a snuggly scarf I've been meaning to do since November, meal planning and plenty of free soup to keep warm... No idea what to do for breakfast Red day today again still only showing 1/2 lb loss on todays sneaky peek

Safe journey to everyone who has to venture out, poor hubs is out driving again, lumbered with it at work once again, I swear he spends more time driving than the actual drivers do and his company have not got a clue about logistics and such.. Hope he's okay as he's all over the motorway network today again

have a good day everyone

Safe journey to everyone who has to venture out, poor hubs is out driving again, lumbered with it at work once again, I swear he spends more time driving than the actual drivers do and his company have not got a clue about logistics and such.. Hope he's okay as he's all over the motorway network today again

have a good day everyone

:-( hoping he'll be ok. We're just getting ready to go to this funeral. There's several inches on the ground and it's still snowing heavily... Should be interesting. Stay safe and warm everyone xx

Me too...I think I have 1 subscriber! X

Im pretty much the same. Couple subscribers but i do it 4 myself as sometimes gd 2 look back. When on comp i will subscribe xx

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Hi every1 no snow yet but threatening. Quick question. Chinese take away - chicken mushroom egg foo young, how many syns do u think as it only egg; chicken; mushroom; onion & beansprouts so they r all free. 2-3syns 4 oil? Thanks x

Hi every1 no snow yet but threatening. Quick question. Chinese take away - chicken mushroom egg foo young, how many syns do u think as it only egg; chicken; mushroom; onion & beansprouts so they r all free. 2-3syns 4 oil? Thanks x

There's a thread about chinese in eating out. Really helpful.

BLERGH! Just tried another version of 'rice pudding' I'd seen on here - plain boiled rice mixed with a muller light - YUCK! So disgusting and just horrible!

Weighed in properly this morning (at home) and came in at 11st5lbs - true to the SW scales, cause I lost 2lbs on theirs too :) So I'm ok with that! This is my new starting point though...

We're all ready to be snowed in, so I got some sushi rice so I can be snowed in with piles and piles of sushi haha! Can't wait :D

Back