DOING SW FROM HOME???

Morning lovelies,
Decided this morning I'm going to give ee a go for the next three days... I think (!) I have my head round the main thing.. one question for you EE peeps, can I check on the snack front? In between meals what can you have? I'm understanding Hex's / syns/ free foods - can I check these don't have to be super free?

The only thing I think I might do differently tomorrow is have my oatbran with some ff yog instead, as I've used my a & b today on oatbran and milk so I have no cheese allowance!! But, I do have some low fat cheese in that is 4syns per 28g so guess I could syn today if I want it later!

Just in the process of trying to plan some meals- oh off back to work for the week later so I do tend to eat v differently when he's not here... I'm hoping ee may work out well with the kids though, as I too often find I've made two different meals for us...

It doesn`t have to superfree, but it helps. Just remember only 1 each for your hex`s unless you syn the extra!

It doesn`t have to superfree, but it helps. Just remember only 1 each for your hex`s unless you syn the extra!

Thanks Grannie! I finally think I've got it!! Yep, I've had my hex's today already... Do love my oatbran :)

Morning lovelies,
Decided this morning I'm going to give ee a go for the next three days... I think (!) I have my head round the main thing.. one question for you EE peeps, can I check on the snack front? In between meals what can you have? I'm understanding Hex's / syns/ free foods - can I check these don't have to be super free?

The only thing I think I might do differently tomorrow is have my oatbran with some ff yog instead, as I've used my a & b today on oatbran and milk so I have no cheese allowance!! But, I do have some low fat cheese in that is 4syns per 28g so guess I could syn today if I want it later!

Just in the process of trying to plan some meals- oh off back to work for the week later so I do tend to eat v differently when he's not here... I'm hoping ee may work out well with the kids though, as I too often find I've made two different meals for us...

The theory is, really you should snack on superfree first then if you're still hungry have something else, you need to be a bit more wary when doing EE I think sometimes, as you can actually end up consuming loads and loads of calories, when I started last year I did EE and would find myself really hungry at night so would make pasta n sauce as its free, so thought it was fine, but I lost so slowly at the start, and I think its because even though something is free, doesn't mean you can just eat it, if you have balanced protein, veg, carbs meals then snacking on more isn't so good. When I do EE I make batches of soup, and if I'm hungry between meals I'll have a little bowl of that instead, def better cal wise than snacking on mugshots and low fat noodles and pasta and sauce and stuff. Thats just how my body works though, if I have my meals I can't really snack as I gain weight. Even though its stuff you're allowed on plan. xx

PS... EE totally fits in with family life, its good, I have 5 year old twin boys and we all eat the same SW things. xx

Last edited:
Morning lovelies,

I like to make syn free tzatziki and have it when im hungry with tomatos, cucumber, peppers, carrots etc dipped in :)

Having a most succesful weekend, woo! haven't actually stuck to plan properly on a weekend for about 4 months! ha! No booze, no chocolate/cake/crisps, all EE meals, no snacking, and made a SW pudding last night which totally satisfied my sweet craving, so feeling really good! Scales actually have already dropped from WI friday amazingly. Going to do a week of EE just to get back into it properly, no tweaking, no cheats. Just do it! I just got a MASSIVE asda delivery so have loads of SF and free foods, and no bad stuff as if I even buy it I just eat it all! All my meals are planned, so should be good, lots of new things to try too, yay! The cold turkey chocolate is going well! 2 days and counting (for me quite the achievement) going to my ma's for sunday lunch today so will have to syn stuff there I would imagine, she cooks roast potatoes in oil, so I can save my hexB and use that for that, which will help!

Happy sunday everyone, hope u all have a good day xxx

Anyways hope

Thanks, I'll defo try that when a snack attack hits lol!

Morning lovelies,

The way my C explains EE to me was if you want a snack, choose something superfree, then free, then HE's then Syns! So basically always opt for something superfree before going for a packet of crisps or something! Obviously it's going to be different if your craving something naughty though! :D and if its an evening snack and you haven't used your HE's you would try and fit them in over superfree wouldn't you?!!
That's what my C said anyways! :)

OOOhhh! That tzatziki sounds nice! Gonna try it when I go shopping next. Just started snowing so not going out just for yogurt!
Got some greek stuff but no mint. Unless you count mint sauce!

OOOhhh! That tzatziki sounds nice! Gonna try it when I go shopping next. Just started snowing so not going out just for yogurt!
Got some greek stuff but no mint. Unless you count mint sauce!

I used it for my potato salad "mayo" yesterday, it worked really well! I done a tsp of mint sauce with 4 tbsp fromage frais, salt, pepper and 2 tbsp extra light mayo, then I put chives and spring onion and cucumber in with it then added the potatoes! Really tasty and creamy too!
So you could always try the mint sauce a little at a time! :)

The theory is, really you should snack on superfree first then if you're still hungry have something else, you need to be a bit more wary when doing EE I think sometimes, as you can actually end up consuming loads and loads of calories, when I started last year I did EE and would find myself really hungry at night so would make pasta n sauce as its free, so thought it was fine, but I lost so slowly at the start, and I think its because even though something is free, doesn't mean you can just eat it, if you have balanced protein, veg, carbs meals then snacking on more isn't so good. When I do EE I make batches of soup, and if I'm hungry between meals I'll have a little bowl of that instead, def better cal wise than snacking on mugshots and low fat noodles and pasta and sauce and stuff. Thats just how my body works though, if I have my meals I can't really snack as I gain weight. Even though its stuff you're allowed on plan. xx

PS... EE totally fits in with family life, its good, I have 5 year old twin boys and we all eat the same SW things. xx

Thank you for the tips Charl :) That totally makes more sense, I have to say I get what ee is now, but don't 'get' how it works if you know what I mean!

I've always done that with soup on green, so good to know I still can :) I also generally snack on things like carrot and celery and plenty of fruit. I try to just keep the packet stuff for odd occasions when I've not been organised so no more than 2-3 times a week.

My two are 6&4- I try to sit down with them in the week to eat when oh away as after theyve gone to bed I feel much less inspired! Looking forward to the change :)xx

Thx mrsebb! I now have the knowledge from you all to go forth and conquer EE!!!!

Not sure what I would do without you all! X

basically just fat free natural yogurt (not flavoured) 1 bulb of crushed garlic then add chopped up cucumber and mint until it tastes to your liking, so easy and cheap to make :)

That sounds yum!! Thx for tip, will def try :)

New , have lost a lot doing sw from home

Hi , I'm Liese from Swansea in South Wales. Want to lose another 9 pounds and am struggling. SW has worked for me , but I am rather (sorry) bunged up at the moment and not losing weight .Have had this problem before , but this time I feel bloated and am fed up , and I have come so far , and I'm determined to get there. I weigh once a week at boots , as the scales there are more accurate than my home ones. Any tips , I mostly do green days , with a red about once a month .

Have you tried the turkish delight flavours Options hot chocolate? Seriously yum :)

Oh god yes theyre gorgeous. I wish theyd have them on offer in b&m

Hi , I'm Liese from Swansea in South Wales. Want to lose another 9 pounds and am struggling. SW has worked for me , but I am rather (sorry) bunged up at the moment and not losing weight .Have had this problem before , but this time I feel bloated and am fed up , and I have come so far , and I'm determined to get there. I weigh once a week at boots , as the scales there are more accurate than my home ones. Any tips , I mostly do green days , with a red about once a month .

Hi Liese, may I suggest you try drinking hot water with a slice of lemon. It is very cleansing and helps with bloating and may help other things get moving. Lots of us on her drink it. I have about 4 or 5 cups a day instead of tea and coffee. It might not work but anything is worth a try x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Hi leise welcome to the board. Hot water and lemon works well. Or dandelion tea

Thumbellou. Sw have a free online 7day plan i think for EE well it used to be. I used it for my first taste of SW. You just have to watch as they dont mention hex s. But just incirporate them into the plan. It gives you an idea though

Brill , thanks will try that , I know I am sticking to the plan , but I have started to doubt myself (and am I fooling myself , as I do eat quite a lot of food ).I am having about a third or less of my syns a week and I eat masses of superfree. I will start having lots of hot water and lemon juice over the next week , and see if it helps . Thanks for the reply , Liese

Back