DOING SW FROM HOME???

oooh what cakes r these?? do u have the recipe? xx

I obviously wasn't even paying attention haha, 4 syns for plain fairy cakes, not 4.5! Silly me, its 4.5 for iced fairy cakes :)

I just use my normal recipe of 250g self raising flour, 250g caster sugar, 250g butter, 1 tsp vanilla essence and 4 eggs :) whisk it all together, put into fairy cake cases and bake for 10-15 mins at 190°C :) be warned, this makes a LOT of cakes - perfect for me add as I live in a big family so most of them are gone the second they're out the oven, so you might want to half/quarter the recipe to only make enough for yourself if you're not planning on giving lots away haha :) x

4 syns for a fairy cake is good to know! I've been avoiding baking with the kids because they always want me to try one :)

Argh just wrote a really long post then my phone froze!!!

Morning everyone :) weighed myself this morning with a grand loss of 3/4 of a lb!! Not really sure why it's so slow for me this time around especially after getting off to a great start at week 1.

Good luck fellow Wednesday weighers x

Just the one off for me too :) still in the right direction... If I carry on this trend I'll be there by the end of April...

Small losses are still fantastic! It can feel disheartening but it's still off and 1lb of fat is huge!

Had a sneak at scales, looking good. So my body obv can't handle carbs which I'm gutted about really. So many lovely ee recipes to try!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Small losses are still fantastic! It can feel disheartening but it's still off and 1lb of fat is huge!

Had a sneak at scales, looking good. So my body obv can't handle carbs which I'm gutted about really. So many lovely ee recipes to try!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I've found my body really bloats when I do green and then I suddenly I lose - I do prefer to do red though because I can feel that I'm losing. I did EE for the first 10 weeks of SW and lost quite a bit, although I don't tend to do it anymore simply because I find I overeat when I do.

Said I wasn't going to do a midweek weigh, hahaha, had a look this morning and so far all is going well. Got to keep this up for the next 3 days :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Yey I lost 2lbs!!! Made up as I've really tried this week and thought my losses had slowed down! :D

Well done everyone on the losses! A loss is deffo better than a gain!! X

Morning all, just wondered if anyone knew of any throat sweets that are syn free? Had a horrible night and feel like I have swallowed razor blades this morning :-( Want to be tucked up in bed but instead I have a clinic full of patients to work my way through feeling like poo :'( x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Good morning everyone :) Good luck to anyone weighing today, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. We had yet more snow overnight and its still coming down now. I've really had enough of it now, being stuck in with a 2 yr old for days is not fun! I'm going to have a planning day today, get meals sorted up till payday so I know we will make it lol I'm thinking diet coke chicken tonight. I've never made it b4 but did watch the YouTube clip last night. He used 330ml does anyone know if i would need to use more for a family size serving? Ruth x

I've found my body really bloats when I do green and then I suddenly I lose - I do prefer to do red though because I can feel that I'm losing. I did EE for the first 10 weeks of SW and lost quite a bit, although I don't tend to do it anymore simply because I find I overeat when I do.

Said I wasn't going to do a midweek weigh, hahaha, had a look this morning and so far all is going well. Got to keep this up for the next 3 days :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hah I said that too and the scales were even worse today probs because I did two green didn't help back to Reds now

Morning ladies

Arghh sent hubs shopping last night so yet again he came back with low fat cottage cheese and fromage frais instead of the fat free so i'm going to have to syn the stuff now as it's not going to be free, I've been doingSW a year and he still can't see it makes a difference, I even wrote fat free in big letters and told him..

Well was about to walk into town checked on the hamster and he's trying to hibernate again blummin thing so now spending the next two hours bringing him round again. Always kept hamsters and never had them do this before apart from this one, his cage is warm in a warm room cozy bedding fleece blanket wrapped round the cage so he shouldn't be doing it, his bed is warmer than mine lol, at least he's begining to wriggle around though now once i get him eating he ll be fine again silly hamster...

well done on the losses ladies

Morning ladies

Arghh sent hubs shopping last night so yet again he came back with low fat cottage cheese and fromage frais instead of the fat free so i'm going to have to syn the stuff now as it's not going to be free, I've been doingSW a year and he still can't see it makes a difference, I even wrote fat free in big letters and told him..

Well was about to walk into town checked on the hamster and he's trying to hibernate again blummin thing so now spending the next two hours bringing him round again. Always kept hamsters and never had them do this before apart from this one, his cage is warm in a warm room cozy bedding fleece blanket wrapped round the cage so he shouldn't be doing it, his bed is warmer than mine lol, at least he's begining to wriggle around though now once i get him eating he ll be fine again silly hamster...

Sorry to but in hun.... just I'm pretty sure that low fat is now classed as free. I've read it somewhere on here and my aunt told me who has just started back at sw group because fat free are becoming few and far between.

Someone please correct me if my baby brain is being over active with the above info haha

Well done on the losses girls!! Xx

Am pretty stunned this morning. Usually WI on Sunday but not weighed for 2 weeks due to a weeks AI holiday in Egypt. Didn't WI the day I went cos had been a bit off plan prior and didn't want to feel under pressure on holiday. Had a sneaky peek this morning and have STS. Cannot believe it. I ate pretty healthily to be honest, I think now SW is a way of life and didn't want all the fatty, sugary food but drank plenty though lol! One last push to loose these last 7lbs.

Ladies, I need help!

I have the family coming for dinner tonight - my sister has bought a leg of lamb!! (yum… fatty>!) They are all used to my SW roasties which over the years I have mastered to get lovely fluffy ones! I will have to make meat juice gravy, but thinking I can do myself some granule stuff to syn. The rest should be fairly ok to do on EE.

But, I need a pudding! I still have my hexA left today so that is available towards pudding - but does anyone have any ideas for a really low syn recipe? I will be having a glass of wine with dinner so just want to try and keep it within. I have tried googling but nothing has inspired me yet, and though I like the idea of the syn free rice puddings, it could be a bit heavy after a roast!

I am going to have to keep my flexi day for the weekend as I will be in a cottage in the depths of wales with 10 other families so would like to be able to let my hair down then!
Thanks muchly!
Loux

Back