DOING SW FROM HOME???

Scouse for tea tonight...with a big helping of green cabbage and topped with beetroot! Mmm! Only thing is I always used to habr crusty or tiger bread with it but obviously don't do that anymore unless I syn it! X

White bread (tiger bread, poppy seed rolls, crusty french stick etc) is probably the thing I miss most being on Slimming World! Bagels especially - I used to love avocado and smoked salmon bagels with soy sauce, so bad! Could not have that on SW haha! :p

Thanks so much for the hot choc list!

On def going to get some different flavored in and try them :)

Found this and hope it helps :)

Options 11g serving

Belgian choc. 2
Mint madness. 2
Caribbean coconut. 1 1/2
Choca mocha 2
Cracking hazelnut. 1 1/2
Double choc ltd edition. 2
Dreamy caramel. 2
Go bananas. 1 1/2
Ooh la la vanilla 1 1/2
Outrageous orange 1 1/2
Tempting toffee 2
Wicked white choc 2 1/2
Banoffee. 3
Brownie. 3
Cherry. 3
Choc fudge 3

Couldn't find the turkish delight one ( my fave)

Wow - I love them all, but I my fav's are mint, orange and vanilla. Bit of a bonus that the orange and vanilla ones are 1.5!!

Has anyone tried the Dougwe Egberts flavoured coffee? It's syn free and really nice! I've got vanilla - I don't drink a lot of coffee, one a day - if I remember, but I've taken to having this instead of a hot chocolate - saving as few syns and something really nice too :)

xxx

Oh my, you peeps are amazing - thank you so much for all the pudding ideas :)

I settled for the Eton Mess option, and I have some low fat creme fraiche for me and full fat cream for everyone else!… mainly went for something easy today as I feel like poo with this cold and the thought of the roast cooking is already making me want to go back to bed.. at least I can just chuck this together. Should work out about 2.5 for the meringue and 2 for 25g creme fraiche. Got raspberries and blueberries to chuck on so I don't even have to do any chopping! LOL

The Choc mug pudding sounds amazing! I just bought some options in Tesco so will be trying one of those tomorrow for sure!!

Off on the school run then get my head round this leg of lamb cooking….! x

Put your options in a mug then mix in an egg. Really whisk it so all the powder is combined with the egg and then microwave it for approx 1 min depending on the wattage. I have an 850 watt and usually give it about 40 seconds. It will rise up in the cup and then go down when it's finished. It tastes great, have it with fruit, squirty cream or just sprinkle with sweetener.

Does this not taste eggy? If it doesn't then i think im going to give it a go tonight!!

Ive been meaning to give that a go for ages. aparently you need to use a medium egg. if you use a large you may need to add a bit more options to stop it from tasting eggy and to give it a cake like texture! May try this tonight too actually.

Does anyone have a recipe for curlywurly cake?!

CURLYWURLY CAKE?!?!?!

Can I just say that the orange and mint options are the best. I keep my HEx A of milk and heat it up, mix most of it in the mug then froth up the rest of the milk to put on top - it is lush!!

Going to try the eggy pudding thing with the options.

FOUND IT on the slimming world site!! Its a recipe from MrsWiltscroft!!

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake:

Serves: 1
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:

Green: 12
Original: 12
Extra Easy: 12

4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
3 or 4 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
1 sachet Belgian Choc Options
26g Curly Wurly bar

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Belgian Choc Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

Tip: Chef's tip: For those who don’t have a microwave, you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

It's just 12 Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many slices as you like.

Oooo sounds nice!!!

But just one question - what the heck is "scan bran"????? Have heard it a lot on here but I have NO idea what it is!!!!

It's Scandinavian bran things, they look like weetabix haha! People eat them like ryvita with cheese and veg etc or bake into cakes (that's the most popular use as far as I can see!) you can buy them from health food stores like holland and barrett :)

I'm on green only just as I don't really like meat, not veggie per say.Plus if I eat meat all I do is gain it as weight. I lose a decent amount on green, don't look at the stats at the moment * week plays havoc with the weight.

Curly Wurly cake sounds yummy! Might pay a visit to holland & barret when i`m in town next.

Got ww sausage casserole for dinner. Hubby doesn`t like "diet" food! Even though he could do with losing a few pounds himself :)

When he weighed himself last week his BMI was 35!

I got a recipe out the Sainsbury paper and adapted it for SW, meatball, lentil and cabbage casserole, smells awesome! Roasting beetroot too which I've never done before x

Hi. Im a newbee online. Im doing sw at home after going to class for 1 year in 2009, i lost 2st. I felt it was rubbish when i only lost 1 or 2 pound a week and other people at group were losing 4 pound. I was sad.
I have put loads on since then. I started doing it at home and since. Jan 5th ive lost 15 pound. I am enjoying it better too.

Everything's sounding yummy! I've just had my dinner of grilled Nando's marinaded chicken fillet strips, chips actifried with a tbsp oil (Made 4 portions so 1/4HexB or 1.5 syns) and green beans! YUM :D

Welcome Wendy! Oh my gosh, you've lost a lot already this month! That's amazing :)

I'm having some chickpea, mushroom and spinach curry that I dug out of the freezer, with some brown rice. Thinking of starting a diary on here, i currently write my foods in a notebook but i'm feeling inspired by Miss Peri! Does everyone feel that writing a diary helps them stay on track?? x

Back