DOING SW FROM HOME???

You can get them pots from a standard indian fruit and veg shop, and most spices there are so much cheaper than getting it from a regular superstore!
The lamb curry i posted is one of my favourates! Mum always makes it super spicy it just tastes divine!
A nice way to use chicken thighs is to marinate it in fat free yoghart, chilli powder, blended green chillis, garlic and ginger paste, lemon juice, corriander and cumin powder and some fresh corriander over night, and then cook it in a foil wrap in the oven. Then chargrill it on a griddle pan to give it a bit of a burnt taste and have that with some syn free raita (ill post the recipe up soon) and salad inside a pitta! mmmm!!!

Or you can even use cubed chicken breast with the same marinade, and before you cook it, put them on some kebab skewers with peppers and red onions. The best kebabs everrr!

Thing is with indian food, its usually the oil that makes it unhealthy! So practically every indian curry can be made syn free, just replace the oil with frylight and a bit of water to stop the sticking!

Just sorted out my chest freezer. Looks I`ve been previously buying things I don`t need!
I`ve got six bags of fozen sliced mushrooms, four bags of diced onion, three bags of sliced peppers and EIGHT bags of frozen mash!!

Not sure about the last one, whether it`s synned or not.

STOP PRESS!! 3 boxes of frozen fruit!!

What am I like!! :D

Lol @ 8 bags of frozen mash! Thats a lot of mash! haha

I loved the choc egg pudding - definitely over cooked it but still thought it was a great way to ease my choccy cravings!! It absolutely has the texure of scrambled egg (just not scrambled) which could put some people off but it smelt just like the choc puddings you get in a tin and that was enough for me!!

A friend of mine has invited a group of us round for tea at her house tonight which is very lovely and I have been put in charge of bringing pudding! Eek! Now, as much as I enjoyed the...chocolate..lump of..scrambled egg..lol, I simply cannot serve that up to a group of my friends!

I want to make/take something nice that’s not too syn-ful (rather selfishly so that I can have a bit too!) but not totally syn-free either (I can’t imagine Muller light and a satsuma would go down too well!)

I’m just looking for a bit of advice really? I was thinking maybe about making pancakes? And maybe grabbing a tub of ice cream for my friends and some natural yoghurt for me??? Are pancakes super syn-full? I would love to make something fancier but I only found out about this this morning and I will be heading round straight from work as I travel so far I’ll have no time at home you see so will just grab something from the supermarket en route! I think to make things easier I would just buy one of the ready made pancake mixes as we’re not eating at my house and I don’t really want to take over my friends kitchen… I expect she thinks I will probably turn up with a cheesecake or something (like a normal person lol….!) that just needs a set of spoons so it mustn’t be anything too faffy!

But still nice!

Argh I am waffling…..(ooh..waffles!) :)

Does anyone have any ideas?? As much as pancakes could work I am sure there are probably some much better options that I just aren’t thinking of..and this is where you lovely people come in..!! :) thank you in advance, I would really appreciate any help!! X x x

I loved the choc egg pudding - definitely over cooked it but still thought it was a great way to ease my choccy cravings!! It absolutely has the texure of scrambled egg (just not scrambled) which could put some people off but it smelt just like the choc puddings you get in a tin and that was enough for me!!

A friend of mine has invited a group of us round for tea at her house tonight which is very lovely and I have been put in charge of bringing pudding! Eek! Now, as much as I enjoyed the...chocolate..lump of..scrambled egg..lol, I simply cannot serve that up to a group of my friends!

I want to make/take something nice that's not too syn-ful (rather selfishly so that I can have a bit too!) but not totally syn-free either (I can't imagine Muller light and a satsuma would go down too well!)

I'm just looking for a bit of advice really? I was thinking maybe about making pancakes? And maybe grabbing a tub of ice cream for my friends and some natural yoghurt for me??? Are pancakes super syn-full? I would love to make something fancier but I only found out about this this morning and I will be heading round straight from work as I travel so far I'll have no time at home you see so will just grab something from the supermarket en route! I think to make things easier I would just buy one of the ready made pancake mixes as we're not eating at my house and I don't really want to take over my friends kitchen... I expect she thinks I will probably turn up with a cheesecake or something (like a normal person lol....!) that just needs a set of spoons so it mustn't be anything too faffy!

But still nice!

Argh I am waffling.....(ooh..waffles!) :)

Does anyone have any ideas?? As much as pancakes could work I am sure there are probably some much better options that I just aren't thinking of..and this is where you lovely people come in..!! :) thank you in advance, I would really appreciate any help!! X x x

How about grab a packet of meringue nests, some aerosol cream and some strawberries or other berries/fruit - quick and easy to assemble (meringue nest on plate, big squirt of cream and top with the chopped up fruit) simple and easy, pretty cheap and tastes amazing and looks luxurious! Will only set you back around 4 syns (meringue nests vary between 2.5 and 3 syns and aerosol cream is 0.5 syns per 2 level Tbsp) :)

Pancakes (normal ones, anyway) are quite sinful as the main ingredient is flour :/

Ooft just battered my knee of desk at work - so sore but like funny bone and I just want to laf :8855:

Found an old thread on the recipes section. Not sure how to quote it here so I`ll do it manually

2 eggs - seperated
3-4 drops of vanilla essence
2 tbsp sweetener
frylite

Whisk egg whites until soft & fold in the yolks.
Add the vanilla essence & sweetener.
Spray pan with frylite & spoon in the mixture.
Be careful when turning them over as they are more fragile than regular pancakes.

Not tried them yet but might do later!

You can get them pots from a standard indian fruit and veg shop, and most spices there are so much cheaper than getting it from a regular superstore!
The lamb curry i posted is one of my favourates! Mum always makes it super spicy it just tastes divine!
A nice way to use chicken thighs is to marinate it in fat free yoghart, chilli powder, blended green chillis, garlic and ginger paste, lemon juice, corriander and cumin powder and some fresh corriander over night, and then cook it in a foil wrap in the oven. Then chargrill it on a griddle pan to give it a bit of a burnt taste and have that with some syn free raita (ill post the recipe up soon) and salad inside a pitta! mmmm!!!

Or you can even use cubed chicken breast with the same marinade, and before you cook it, put them on some kebab skewers with peppers and red onions. The best kebabs everrr!

Thing is with indian food, its usually the oil that makes it unhealthy! So practically every indian curry can be made syn free, just replace the oil with frylight and a bit of water to stop the sticking!

Hey Miss P

I know you have a link for your recipes, cant see the post though probably skimmed past it numerous times. You should put it in your signature as a link for easy access so we can all subscribe :)

How about grab a packet of meringue nests, some aerosol cream and some strawberries or other berries/fruit - quick and easy to assemble (meringue nest on plate, big squirt of cream and top with the chopped up fruit) simple and easy, pretty cheap and tastes amazing and looks luxurious! Will only set you back around 4 syns (meringue nests vary between 2.5 and 3 syns and aerosol cream is 0.5 syns per 2 level Tbsp) :)

Pancakes (normal ones, anyway) are quite sinful as the main ingredient is flour :/

Using the same above ingredients you could make an eton mess, use some muller as the filler along with the fruit and skooshy cream on top - ooh mite make this myself as I have meringue nests in the house - pitstop past the supermarket on the way home :drool:

afternoon ladies

Pain perdu for brunch today mmm haven't had it for absolutely ages so made a nice change hopefully pic attached if I've done it properly

Attachments

• IMAG0116.jpg
    IMAG0116.jpg
    962 KB · Views: 98
Yay it worked just need to learn how to do it from my phone now ;)

Uh oh just arranged a night out on fri for my friends birthday...which means prob having too many syns over the weekend so will have to cut back the rest of the week...plus it'll mean I didn't complete my Dry Jan! Ahh never mind you only live once don't ya! Haha!! X

hi lovely, what do u do with ur syns when u know u have a night out planned, i have 3 planned 3 weekends on the run, dont wanna go off the rails after doin so well on my first week :)
what do u drink?, trying to find somethin thats low in syns so i wont feel too bad haha xx

hi lovely, what do u do with ur syns when u know u have a night out planned, i have 3 planned 3 weekends on the run, dont wanna go off the rails after doin so well on my first week :)
what do u drink?, trying to find somethin thats low in syns so i wont feel too bad haha xx

I know you asked Tilly, but thought I'd put my two cents in as I go out drinking lots haha! It's surprisingly easy to stick to plan when you go out, but you really have to have a strict word with yourself before hand and tell yourself to stick to certain things! Your best choices alcohol-wise are a measure of spirit (most spirits are low-ish in syns - vodka is 2.5 syns for a 25ml measure (most pubs/clubs use 25ml measures) or 4 syns for a 35ml measure :) Mix this with diet coke, diet lemonade, slimline tonic etc and you'll have a low syn drink and still be able to party with friends! You must be strict with yourself to stay to this drink though, as things like WKD can be upwards of around 11 syns a bottle! Even better would be to switch to a non-alcoholic drink like water or diet coke between alcoholic drinks which will make your syns go even further :)

In terms of 'saving syns' for nights out, you can do your syns weekly - 15 syns times 7 days = 105 syns for the week. Decide how many syns you'd like for your night out - e.g 40 syns which will be more than enough if you're sticking to a spirit and diet mixer, and then minus that from your weekly total = 65 syns which leaves you roughly 10 syns a day for the other 6 days of the week! Easily doable and means you can plan ahead and not worry about going off plan :)

If you want to know the syn values of particular drinks, just give me a shout and I can look them up for you :) x

I know you asked Tilly, but thought I'd put my two cents in as I go out drinking lots haha! It's surprisingly easy to stick to plan when you go out, but you really have to have a strict word with yourself before hand and tell yourself to stick to certain things! Your best choices alcohol-wise are a measure of spirit (most spirits are low-ish in syns - vodka is 2.5 syns for a 25ml measure (most pubs/clubs use 25ml measures) or 4 syns for a 35ml measure :) Mix this with diet coke, diet lemonade, slimline tonic etc and you'll have a low syn drink and still be able to party with friends! You must be strict with yourself to stay to this drink though, as things like WKD can be upwards of around 11 syns a bottle! Even better would be to switch to a non-alcoholic drink like water or diet coke between alcoholic drinks which will make your syns go even further :)

In terms of 'saving syns' for nights out, you can do your syns weekly - 15 syns times 7 days = 105 syns for the week. Decide how many syns you'd like for your night out - e.g 40 syns which will be more than enough if you're sticking to a spirit and diet mixer, and then minus that from your weekly total = 65 syns which leaves you roughly 10 syns a day for the other 6 days of the week! Easily doable and means you can plan ahead and not worry about going off plan :)

If you want to know the syn values of particular drinks, just give me a shout and I can look them up for you :) x

hi hun thanks for the advice, i thought u was only allowed 10 syns for the day?? so is it 15?? we will be going for food 1st aswell so what am i best doing?? i have heard the vodka is low which i might have to change to, i normally drink liquors like amaretto or tia maria, or maybe sometime taboo :)

hi hun thanks for the advice, i thought u was only allowed 10 syns for the day?? so is it 15?? we will be going for food 1st aswell so what am i best doing?? i have heard the vodka is low which i might have to change to, i normally drink liquors like amaretto or tia maria, or maybe sometime taboo :)

Well the recommendation is between 5 and 15 a day - I've always had up to my full 15 a day and lost well, so that's what I stick to :) Most people use the full 105 when calculating syns weekly, so I'd stick with that :)

Hmm, food is always the harder bit about nights out! The best thing you can do is to either research the place you're going, or if you haven't decided yet, make a good suggestion where you know you can get foods you can stick to plan with like grilled chicken with salad, jacket potatoes etc :) Wetherspoons are good choices as you can get the jacket potato with 5 bean chilli which is 1.5 syns or the sweet chilli noodles which are 1 syn - also means you can start the drinking with the meal haha!

Amaretto is 3 syns per 25ml, Tia Maria 3.5 syns per 25ml and Taboo is 1.5 per 25ml :)

Thanks miss p! That chicken thigh marinade sounds mega! Yeah it's what I love about making curries, taste so good still without the oil so it never feels like diet food. My uncle in law is Indian and his mum taught us how to make proper tasty pilau rice, which I've found pretty easy to adapt too so it feels like naughty foods and its not, the best kind of diet food I think :)

I get most spices from the Asian supermarket they're fab, huge bags for like half the price of crappy little bottle in the supermarkets, win! Xx

Scaled peeked again lol still ok for tomorrow, want to rid 1/2lb today tho so might get on the lemons ha or do 100 star jumps! Got work today so will take a ww curry I think

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Damn! I knew there was something i meant to get from the supermarket...lemons!

On the plus side they had loads of the Muller light Turkish Delight yoghurts in, 65p each or 6 for £3 or 10 for £4 (Asda) so i bought 10 ;-) came home and wolfed one down and it was yummy, looked them up expecting them to have some syns and they are free! ahh the simple pleasures in life :)

I forgot those as well! Bought the squirty cream and the fruit and forgot the meringues. This is a person who was actually going round with a list in front of her......doh!

Time for a hot chocolate I think, it's dam cold out there!

Back