DOING SW FROM HOME???

Bitterly disappointed with WI. I have been on plan 100% all week and have only lost a pound. I am not going back to group anymore. Not paying £5 a week for such little results. Don't know where to go from here. Really feel like chucking in the towel and just buying bigger clothes. OH says I should give it another week and try and eat more syns as a few of you have mentioned in my food diary that I need to have more but TBH I am not sure if I can be bothered. I spend most of my time thinking and planning food for us, which as you all know takes a lot of time and effort, along with the cooking of it all too and for such little results just ain't worth it. Hope you are all having better WI's then me x

I agree with previous posts from Charl and Grannie, don't give up. My average weight loss has been 1lb a week which is a slow loss but I feel I am more likely to keep the weight off this way. 1lb is still a great loss. :)

Its the Nov/dec one, I'll write it out for..

serves 4, 25mins to prepare plus 2 hours freezing time (I don't think u should freeze this.. I reckon would be better if you can leave it to set all day, was a bit weird half frozen!)

50g dark choc, broken up
3 eggs, separated
4tbsp sweetner
2tbsp baileys
200g FF fromage frais
1tsp vanilla extract
4 dr oetker giant stars (you don't have to use these, but they were good, save half syn if you don't)

1. melt the choc in a bain marie, or micro wave, remove from heat and allow to cool a little
2. Whisk egg yolks and 2tbsp sweetner and baileys in a large bowl until smooth, pour in choc and whisk to combine well.
3. in a large clean bowl beat egg whites with a hand whisk on medium until they go stiff, then fold into the choc mix with a metal spoon.
4. put FF fromage frais, remaining sweetner & vanilla into a bowl and mix well, spoon into 4 desert glasses, then top with choc mix, cover and leave to set (fridge all day or freezer for 2 hours-ish)
5. to serve put a dollop on FF on and a choc star.

:) x

Thanks for your kind words Charl. I have just been so good and was very disappointed. I was just wondering how many syns on EE this yummy pudding is? x

Thanks everyone. I set myself a target for March and because it is so slow I wont reach it. It looks like I will have to buy a bigger dress to go to the ball :cry:

You should def up your SYNS a bit love, even a glass of wine or 2 on a Saturday night, you did ask about peanut butter last night, it was fairly late ish, if u ate 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter kinda 9ish it might have just made you bloat up a bit. Peanuts are quite bad for that as is bread. Anyway it's 5syns on all plans, and tastes absolutely lovely :)

Icurez I know what it is like I only lost 0.8 lbs last week, but blaming that on *week. Something tells me I won't have any major loss this week either even though I was hoping I would (I feel it in my bones). I follow the plan 100% every day and if that happens to me this week what I will do is have a red day which I don't usually do (stick to green only). I had some meat one day and went from 15.5 lbs to 15.9.5lbs due to eating meat, but I lost all that and went to 15.1.6lbs afterwards. So I think that maybe 'tricking' my body will start that loss again and I'll keep doing this.

Chin up, I know it's disheartening but you've done really well and can get to your goal!

Wow this page has been busy overnight!!!!! I am not long up but had been up at 5 with the cats wanting fed but for a change the OH was awake so he got up and fed them!!

WI this morning and STS again - only lost 1lb in 3wks but I have been exercising so I am hoping that is the reason. Going to enjoy my Saturday and back on plan tomorrow.

Lovely sunny day here today, got 1st load washing on, get it hung out and another load on. There is only 2 of us in the house & I have not idea where the washing comes from!!!! x
Just stay with it and you start losing soon. sometimes it takes a couple of weeks before the weight start shifting following exercise.

You just reminded me to turn on the washing machine.

1.5lbs off for me this week :) am happy but at the same time wish it was only half lb more to get me to my pre Xmas weight! Decided that using my syns in the week really doesn't work for me so I'm going back to being strict in the week and letting my hair down of a weekend. 12st 3 now, I can't wait to get into the 11s!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Well done that is a great loss. You'll be in 11s in no time.

Just made my favourite lentil soup with caramelised onions, I've not made it for months and had forgotten how yummy it was. Syn free too, bonus!

You should def up your SYNS a bit love, even a glass of wine or 2 on a Saturday night, you did ask about peanut butter last night, it was fairly late ish, if u ate 2 pieces of toast with peanut butter kinda 9ish it might have just made you bloat up a bit. Peanuts are quite bad for that as is bread. Anyway it's 5syns on all plans, and tastes absolutely lovely :)

I don't drink wine. I did have peanut butter on toast last night as it was all I could tink of to eat. I tend to save my hex's and syns up all day just in case I need them in the evening which is crazy as I never do. I think I need to start planning them in during the day rather then stuffing things down my neck just before bed because I have to x

I seem to remember someone posting something about making some kind of ice cream type pud. Would love to try it if anyone can remember it. Also I would love to try and make they syn free cream cheese. If you are reading Grannie, I would love your recipe for this. Hope you are all having good days. It is so cold here today I might just have to put the Wii on and do some dancing, Wii fit or maybe have a game of tennis. A lonely day for me today as the biys are away for the weekend and my OH is working and won't be home til gone midnight. Good job I have you lot to keep me company x

Icurez, tried to copy & paste the thread for the cream cheese but couldn`t do it. It`s on the slimming world recipes section. Not winter or summer, just regular sw recipes. The thread title is "Almost syn free home made cream cheese" The original poster used 2% total yogurt. I used 0% greek yogurt from morrisons. It was lovely! I did overdo the garlic but it was my first attempt!

I can't make soup to save my life unless it's Chinese soups. I blame that ability on living there for 2 yrs!

I love soups but only started making them myself when I began SW the first time round. They always seemed complicated even though I considered myself to be pretty competent in the kitchen. My top tip would be stock cubes! You can pretty much make anything into a soup, just soften it gently then cover with hot water and stock, seasoning and simmer away. Whiz it up once its cooked if you like it smooth or leave it chunky, totally up to you :) If you have any soups you particularly want to try let me know and I'll try and find you a recipe, Ruth x

I usually do a veg based soup and make it up as I go along. Don`t usually need to thicken it as when I blitz it with my hand blender that automatically thickens it. The add beef or chicken. Nothing complicated!

Guys, need a bit of advice - going to make a burger for my dinner (minus a roll because I already used my HexB) with EL mince, what's the best way to do it?! Like what do I add to the mince other than seasoning? Also, bearing in mind I can George Foreman it, fry it, cook it in the oven etc... What's the best way to cook it?

Guys, need a bit of advice - going to make a burger for my dinner (minus a roll because I already used my HexB) with EL mince, what's the best way to do it?! Like what do I add to the mince other than seasoning? Also, bearing in mind I can George Foreman it, fry it, cook it in the oven etc... What's the best way to cook it?

I chop onion into tiny pieces and add that, sometimes I use chopped pepper too. And I sometimes add chilli powder or fresh chilli or Worcester sauce sometimes too. I cook mine in the oven. I've never had a problem with mine falling apart, they always stay whole, but I think some people use egg to keep it together?
I also sometimes use my hexA and put cheese in the middle of it! :D

I chop onion into tiny pieces and add that, sometimes I use chopped pepper too. And I sometimes add chilli powder or fresh chilli or Worcester sauce sometimes too. I cook mine in the oven. I've never had a problem with mine falling apart, they always stay whole, but I think some people use egg to keep it together?
I also sometimes use my hexA and put cheese in the middle of it! :D

Ok, thanks hun :D Going to blitz an onion, add that with some paprika, a bit of crushed chilli and lots of salt and pepper :) Oh! And put half a HexA (all I have left) in the middle :D Hmm, ok, might try the oven then! Tempted to just fry it, but I know a lot of people have trouble with it falling apart when frying :S

Back