DOING SW FROM HOME???

i was on ww until last week...been on it before and done ok but the new propoints is really hard , and i was HUNGRY!! That's why I'm trying sw, seems better already and after a sneaky weigh this morning think ive lost 2lb?????????? wi weds so will see..x

I love SW - can't believe how much I've lost already - and not been hungry! I didn't lose anything on WW, I always went over points because I was so hungry!

Oh yea, signed up to a half marathon today, eek!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well done! I decided today to do the Race for Life again this summer. I've done it a few times before but not for a couple of years. Hopefully, I'll be a lot lighter then and can do more running than walking ;). I'll do it for my dad who has untreatable prostate cancer that's spread to his bones.

Oh yea, signed up to a half marathon today, eek!!

Go Jenny! I did the Bath half in 2011, amazing feeling to finish :) would def have done another if injury didn't prevent. Good luck with it and training:)

hmmm, seems that a lot of people found WW left them feeling hungry. That's just a diet that's bound to fail long term. I've never tried it personally but don't feel the need to, I know from experience that SW really works and you can eat loads!

Well done! I decided today to do the Race for Life again this summer. I've done it a few times before but not for a couple of years. Hopefully, I'll be a lot lighter then and can do more running than walking ;). I'll do it for my dad who has untreatable prostate cancer that's spread to his bones.

That's how my weight loss started last year. At 15 stone I started running, then signed up for 5k race for life in June, it really kept me motivated and that's when the weight started dropping off. Decided I needed a run to keep me motivated to loose this last stone!

bought a new slow cooker in the new year as my old one had broke. forgot how much i loved it and some of the slow cooker mixes from schwartz are only 4-6 syns so split between 4 only work out at 1-2 syns brill.

That's good to know! I love the slow cooker but haven't really used it much! When I get my own place I will deffo be doing more Casseroles, stews n soups etc! X

Hi guys, do ye mind if I join in? Was on this thread last summer but went AWOL. Started back doing SW at the end of November and have lost 13lbs to date. My aim is to loose a total of 5 stone, as I started at 16 stone even. Turning 40 in December so thats my motivation as I dont' want to be 40 and fat. Today has been a good day, 100% on plan and used 11 syns.

That's how my weight loss started last year. At 15 stone I started running, then signed up for 5k race for life in June, it really kept me motivated and that's when the weight started dropping off. Decided I needed a run to keep me motivated to loose this last stone!

I love the atmosphere on the day, and the fact it doesn't matter whether you walk, run, hobble, wheelchair whatever, just loads of girlies doing something very worthwhile :)

Ladeez, just a couple of q's... I've not had any syns today because of my weekend which took my week to a good 105(+!), WI is wed. By weekly syns I'm guessing I could go without them today& tomo? (Sounds like silly q!)
Also, I have also been trying to really increase my fluids- I usually have 2-3 tea per day plus pint of squash. I'm now trying to have 2 teas, plus pint squash and 2 large (double size) mugs herbal tea with lemon. I feel like it goes straight thru! Is this just me or is this normal???!

Hi guys, do ye mind if I join in? Was on this thread last summer but went AWOL. Started back doing SW at the end of November and have lost 13lbs to date. My aim is to loose a total of 5 stone, as I started at 16 stone even. Turning 40 in December so thats my motivation as I dont' want to be 40 and fat. Today has been a good day, 100% on plan and used 11 syns.

Welcome and get stuck in!

I had the cheesy tuna and pasta bake today. I've been a veggie for 18 yrs but say twice a yr I have a wee bit of tuna. It was very nice! I added ground herbs to the cheese topping and it was pretty yummy.........filling too :)

I lost 1.6lbs at my WI today so very happy with that considering earlier in the week I scoffed a whole packet of rum truffles, a pint of lager and some christmas pud and custard my OH cooked. just another lb to go and i will have lost the weight i gained over Christmas. Stupid isn't it...it goes onto your body in a matter of days then takes weeks to shift it again!

here's the cheesy tuna and pasta bake

Ooh looks lovely! X

Hi Jade, welcome back hun! I'm still here :))))

Welcome back Jade :) I'm fairly new round here, but these peeps are lovely! Well done for your loss to date- this us a great place for all your support needs x

girls, I've decided to open a thread on the forum about surveys/research etc into slimming and what does/doesn't help. I'm going to call it Raven's Research news. Please look out for it, thank you x

Evening all! Well done to the losses today and stick with it for the sts/gains. You can and will do it!

Had a good day, even got up early and had a 30min swim before work. Just made stroganoff for tea, anyone know how many syns in 1 tsp of dijon mustard? I'm hoping it was a pretty good sw meal :)

View attachment 76980

That looks so nice Jen! Can you post the recipe please?! Thanks Doll x

girls, I've decided to open a thread on the forum about surveys/research etc into slimming and what does/doesn't help. I'm going to call it Raven's Research news. Please look out for it, thank you x

Right it's in Slimming World Off Topic.

I'll go have a look Raven.

Hi Jade :)

On the ww thing I was shocked at how much in terms of cash, those 2 women had spent on ww per pound they had lost. Think it worked out at £101! That is total bonkers, we can come here and get far more support and encouragement and it doesn't cost a penny.

I love this place and all of you, it's so much nicer than throwing money at some useless consultant telling us what we already know :) Ruth x

Back