DOING SW FROM HOME???

There`s a strange orange thing in the sky again! Anyone know what it is? :)

After "cake-gate" yesterday I`ve got today`s meals sorted.

Had fruit and 0% greek yogurt for brekkie. Egg salad for lunch. Roast pork for dinner.
SW roast potatoes will be hexb. Hexa is 300ml of 1% fat milk for my endless mugs of tea! :D

That leaves me another hexb to have toast later, might even have CHEESE on it as I`m allowed the choice of having two hexa`s!!

Feel better than I did yesterday. Already done most of the housework, washing done and outside drying as well.
Even mown the grass!! Can someone call a doctor!! :D

im doing sw alone too. im not really a group person and would rather spend the weekly fee on better quality food items for the diet. i use the books as a guide and then forums for any queries i have.

So lovelies
I have just had an amazing weekend with amazing friends in the new forest.. ;)
Not on plan, and finishing tonight off with a Mexican and a wine! So bad.. But I've really got to get into gear.. I won't be happy till I have at least half a stone off and I need to start feeling better about myself again. No weekend plans for a couple of weeks so hoping I can get a grip.
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend
X

hi everyone, iv just started slimming world im also not going to group/ joining online I have the basic books a friend has lent me so have all I need to start. previously lost 2st on ww in 2011 then fell pregnant and put it all back on since lost a stone and joined ww online again but failed to lose anything impressive so now decided to try slimming world im aiming to lose 2st to start

Evening all, well my lovely mother who knows full well I'm doing sw and is usually pretty supportive decided to cook pizza, garlic bread and hot buttered new pots today for lunch! I had to eat some of it or she'd have been upset but I really didn't want it, didn't enjoy it either and felt quite sick after! I had some of the pots from the top of the bowl where they weren't sitting in butter, 2 small slices of the pizza and half a slice of the garlic bread, plus a spoonful of coleslaw, although I know that had helmans light mayo on it :( feel a bit annoyed at the whole thing really! I think I'm just going to write today off and start again tomorrow!

So lovelies
I have just had an amazing weekend with amazing friends in the new forest.. ;)
Not on plan, and finishing tonight off with a Mexican and a wine! So bad.. But I've really got to get into gear.. I won't be happy till I have at least half a stone off and I need to start feeling better about myself again. No weekend plans for a couple of weeks so hoping I can get a grip.
Hope you've all had a lovely weekend
X

It's difficult when you've got things planned isn't it! I have a birthday party next weekend and I know it's just going to be a buffet nightmare, I'm just going to have to try and make good choices, have a nice big free meal before I go so I'm not too tempted to pick and hope for the best :rolleyes:

Hi iwillbeslim and hula hel, you'll find plenty of support here :)

Ooh grannie egg salad yum haven't had that in ages.....although now I'm taking it to work tomorrow lol thanks for that :)

Back on SW today after a weekend "off". We had a BBQ on Sat so ate and drank far to much.

It really pained me last night to bin most of the salad left overs, kept some of the rice and potato salad I made for lunch today as I know that apart from the mayo (which was light) they are all free so I will use them as my only syns today (going to try for minimal syns this week).

Back on SW today after a weekend "off". We had a BBQ on Sat so ate and drank far to much.

It really pained me last night to bin most of the salad left overs, kept some of the rice and potato salad I made for lunch today as I know that apart from the mayo (which was light) they are all free so I will use them as my only syns today (going to try for minimal syns this week).

Totally with you marooncat - so hard to resist all the yummy BBQ food and salads! It's often just not the same without oil!
I think I might do some research today for some yummy SW RECIPE salads and summer recipes - hopefully nice easy ones!

I'm sat in the garden with my SW mags and Asda online order,.. Determined to beat this summer food temptation thing!

I am doing SW online, I have only signed up for the 3 months as it was on offer, I think I will stop after that, should have got the hang of it by then!! My husband is very supportive, we are both very overweight and it is more noticeable in this hot weather, carrying around this weight takes its toll!! We are both 43 and have been overweight for the past 5-6 years, I know some people have had a lifetime of weight problems but I have never felt so poorly, everything aches and hurts. I had a partial thyroidectomy last year, but thankfully I dont need any medication as what is left is producing enough thyroxine.
I have been to a few groups over the past couple of years, but I found them a bit monotonous to be honest... The groups are huge and by the time everyone has weighed in and then they go around the group and ask everyone how they have done etc the time has gone, there is no 'class' thingy, you know with advice and ideas etc.
Reading the recent threads it is nice to see all the support, it seems you get more help here than in a class!!
My problem is lazinesss... if I get prepared then I am ok, but if I sit down in the evening then I dont seem to be able to get up and get ready!!!
This is what I have had and what I have got ready to take to work with me today (I work shifts and am on lates today):
Breakfast: 1 slice small wholemeal, 2x tomatoes grilled, 2x eggs fry light fried, baked beans, tiny bit of lurpak lighter, 2x slices ham
Lunch: raspberries, strawberries and grapes
Tea: Mccain jacket potato (1syn) tin tuna, homemade colelsaw (1xsyn for dressing)
I will use my healthy a in coffee through the day and I use silver spoon half sugar in it which is 1xsyn per tea spoon.

I have started Slimming World on my own at home. I have been to the classes previously but I do not have time to go to one anymore and I really can't afford to do it online. So fingers crossed this works :)

Does anyone know the syns for Boots Shapers bacon, lettuce, tomato salad? It's only 212 cals but was wondering how many asyns it would be.

I am doing SW online, I have only signed up for the 3 months as it was on offer, I think I will stop after that, should have got the hang of it by then!! My husband is very supportive, we are both very overweight and it is more noticeable in this hot weather, carrying around this weight takes its toll!! We are both 43 and have been overweight for the past 5-6 years, I know some people have had a lifetime of weight problems but I have never felt so poorly, everything aches and hurts. I had a partial thyroidectomy last year, but thankfully I dont need any medication as what is left is producing enough thyroxine.
I have been to a few groups over the past couple of years, but I found them a bit monotonous to be honest... The groups are huge and by the time everyone has weighed in and then they go around the group and ask everyone how they have done etc the time has gone, there is no 'class' thingy, you know with advice and ideas etc.
Reading the recent threads it is nice to see all the support, it seems you get more help here than in a class!!
My problem is lazinesss... if I get prepared then I am ok, but if I sit down in the evening then I dont seem to be able to get up and get ready!!!
This is what I have had and what I have got ready to take to work with me today (I work shifts and am on lates today):
Breakfast: 1 slice small wholemeal, 2x tomatoes grilled, 2x eggs fry light fried, baked beans, tiny bit of lurpak lighter, 2x slices ham
Lunch: raspberries, strawberries and grapes
Tea: Mccain jacket potato (1syn) tin tuna, homemade colelsaw (1xsyn for dressing)
I will use my healthy a in coffee through the day and I use silver spoon half sugar in it which is 1xsyn per tea spoon.

Hi Melly and welcome!

Been looking at your menu. Just fruit for lunch doesn`t seem very much. I know if I did that I would get the muchies and eat all sorts!!

Just some friendly advice!! :)

I have started Slimming World on my own at home. I have been to the classes previously but I do not have time to go to one anymore and I really can't afford to do it online. So fingers crossed this works :)

Welcome bex!

I`m in the same boat! tbh once you have your head round the plan you don`t really need the classes.
There`s far more support here. 24/7 of it!:)

Hi Melly and welcome!

Been looking at your menu. Just fruit for lunch doesn`t seem very much. I know if I did that I would get the muchies and eat all sorts!!

Just some friendly advice!! :)

You were right!!! I didnt have my lunch til late as I was busy, just had my fruit and I am still hungry!!! Not sure whether to have my tea now, although I have got another 5 hours at work!!!

Back