DOING SW FROM HOME???

Have had a rough few days, my kitty Mrs P, died on Friday (she was 20 and had been part of my life for 18 years) and then my hormones decided to go haywire at the weekend and I had stomach cramps off and on for two days. I either didn't feel like eating or only felt like eating rubbish. Still feeling so sad about my Mrs P, but am trying to get back on track with the eating. Sorry to unburden…

So sorry to hear of your loss, non pet people don't get how devastating it is, I lost my cat mindy a week off her 18th when I was 18, it was like losing a sister. But I know I gave her a great life. So chin up and thinking of you xxx

I was really upset when one of my rabbits died a few years ago. Had tears dripping down my face when I was driving to work. You do get really close to them, don't you? Sorry to hear she died and unburden anytime! That's what we're here for!

Kathy xx

I work long office hours and it is way too difficult to go the entire morning without a chocolate fix! (I usually have a malteaser bar or a regular bag of malteasers as they are 9.5 syns) but by the time I get home and have my tea... all i want is chocolate again!!! so frustrating!

The thing I miss the most is pasties and cheese straws. How I have survived 3 weeks without is just MAD!

Any ideas of what to swap these cravings for.. other than fruit/yogurt as I eat these through the day!

Hi abs! You could try the cheese scones, tweaked from Smash potato mix. Really, really yummy and Syn Free, if you count the cheese as a HEX. You can find the recipe on my thread (p. 20 from a laptop) and, I know, Kay (alias green eyed monster) has made cheese straws with them too. I use them as a savoury topping - a bit like a cobbler, if you know what I mean. Just click on the blue writing below and look in the index. I'm sure you'd love them!!

Kathy xx

Last edited:
Hi Abs, for a chocolate fix I use the benefit bars from aldi as my healthy extra and have one with morning break and one in the evening..but even lower syn chocolate bars like freddos and mini bars (milkybar etc). They work out between 4-5syns instead of your 9syns so you will have more syns for later in the day! Xx

Yeah I like hot chocolate for mine, I'm trying lollipops now because they give you a sweet hit and last ages plus you don't have to eat it all! X

Not sure if it works for everyone but I get mt chocolate fix from an options drink for 2 SYns. Am thinking of trying the frozen choc buttons though, with options mixed into a muller light and frozen.

Are they just the options sachets you buy in the supermarket??

Hi abs! You could try the cheese scones, tweaked from Smash potato mix. Really, really yummy and Syn Free, if you count the cheese as a HEX. You can find the recipe on my thread (p. 20 from a laptop) and, I know, Kay (alias green eyed monster) has made cheese straws with them too. I use them as a savoury topping - a bit like a cobbler, if you know what I mean. Just click on the blue writing below and look in the index. I'm sure you'd love them!!

Kathy xx

Oh wow thanks a lot! there are a few recipes that look yummy on there! thanks a bunch :D xx

Apologies if this has been posted before but I'm hooked! For anyone who loves seaweed from the Chinese try this.....

Put a couple of generous handfuls of Kale onto a baking tray, spray with fry light and season. Sprinkle on chilli flakes if you like and roast in the oven for 3/4 mins only (any more and will burn).

The kale goes really crispy and sweet. Great snack or addition to a meal.

That sounds lovely! Will definitely try it!

Height: 5'10"
Starting weight (18/5/15): 12st 5lbs
Week 1 (25/5/15): 11st 13lbs (-6lbs)

I'm following SW from home.
It has worked for me so far, I've lost just under 9 stone.

I'm still following the plan with a few extras to hopefully maintain (fingers crossed)

There is so much information out there now doing SW from home is totally doable

Good luck

Tracy :)

Wow that's brilliant Tracy. I think I have about 30 lbs to lose. I've done SW before from home and had plenty of success but it was back when the only had red or green days and Syns were sins, and sins online was free on the SW website. I lost almost 3 stones then, but I am setting my sites a bit lower this time. Will see how it goes though - I may carry on if I find it easygoing.

Back