doing ts while at work

ljt1986

Hi all.
Has anyone got any tips for doing ts while at work? I work in a school so at the minute have 2 weeks left untill I go back but im worried about making up my packs while im there. Its only my dinner one as I can have one before I go and then obviously have one when I come home. I cant exactly sit there with my shake in front of the kids as there all vulnerable and dont want them to see me on a diet and get any ideas or anything. Ive been making everything up on the hob at home and it tastes fine like that but weve obviously not got a hob at work. Only a kettle. Has anyine got any tips? Xx

I did the diet at work and it was ok. Do you have any bars? The exante ones r ok and r discrete and very useful for lunchtime. if u dont have exante bars, u can use the tesco ones. they go well with a hot drink. if u dont want to use/don't have bars why not use a shaker for your shakes at work? If u dont have one You can get from exante. you hopefully get some time away from the kids, and can make then?? I'm sure others will have other ideas on what u can do. Gdluck

Thanks. Ive not got any bars so will have to try that.which tesco ones are they? Ive got a shaker but I wouldnt be able to use it in front of our kids (we have all our breaks and dinner with them.they cant be left alone) so apart from going to the toilet and guzzling it down I cant use it lol. Have you tried the bars? Do they affect your weight loss much as when I did cambridge they did slow it down. Xx

I had bars from day 1 and had almost every day so I don't know what my loses would have been like without them. I also did working soln so I was having more cals in all anyways. The tesco ones r the ultra slim bars. From what I read on here they r ok but we r not allowed the tesco shakes. they may be a way for u to remain within ur limits for now, as u have no exante bars & the restraints that u have with not being able to make ur shakes at work. Hope that helps. Gd luck

How good of you to think of the kids like that! Very responsible :)

I have had one bar a day too since the beginning and noticed no changes to weight loss to speak of! You could make the soups with boiling water, I used to so you could mix it up in a bowl/mug and it will look like you're having soup for lunch instead?

Not sure there is much else you can do on the shake front, unless you can get out for a walk over lunch? Do you have to eat with the kids?

Thanks for the advice.ill order some 0f the bars in ready for when I go back. Yes smidge we gave to eat with kids.we have to keep them supervised at all times etc because of how they are. Are the soups powdery at all if you mix them in a bowl? Ive beem doing them on the hob and theyve been fine so far xx

I used to make them like cup-a-soup with a fork and never had any problems, but I think it's probably down to preference. Why not try one tomorrow and see what you think?

I used to make the soups on the hob too and could not stomach it just with hot water. but as smidge has said it's down to personal preference, so defo give it a go whilst u r still off and c how u go...

Thats a good idea I will do.thanks so much. It helps with the determination when you can actually ask other people questions. Id just get stuck and give up if not xx

I hide my porridge sachet in an instant porridge pot! I don't mind the porridge a bit lumpy - more like the real thing - so I just mix it up with boiled water in the pot. No ones noticed that I rinse the pot up and put it back in my bag! I wash it up properly at home then the next day empty another sachet into it and off I go again :)

That's a brilliant idea x I'm sticking to shakes though I really don't think I could eat porridge it might make me want proper food

Ive just seen the recipe for the porridge biscuits. Defo going to try this tomorrow as they will be perfect to eat at work! Everyone will just think im eating biscuits lol x

Hi Ljt,

I don't know if this is of much help but when i'm at work I make my vanilla shake up to taste almost like a frappucino. In the morning I make up a black coffee to the 200ml mark on the shaker, pop it the fridge at work, by the time lunch comes round the coffee is cold and i add my vanilla shake powder to it and shake the life out it until its thick, pop it in a glass and its like a delicious frappucino! Or i'll take a bar, take it out the wrapper, wrap it in clingfilm and it just looks like a home made bar, saves the questions from the noseys at work ;-))

Hope this helps a bit, all the best with your journey!

Caz x

Back