DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Thanks Karen, it really has been a boost... so much so that I've just ordered the Shred DVD - uh oh, what have I done?! lol x

BLIMEY! you've lost a fantastic amount of weight so far and the jolt of shredding will probably shake up the last bit. you'll whip that last 9lb very quick, i'll bet :D

Well done hun for loss and resisting pud... Oh and the shred - join the party! Lol xx

Well done on loss this week! Brace yourself for the shred!!! X

I must be mad but I'm rather looking forward to said Shred DVD arriving :eek: When our shopping arrived today I seemed to have acquired a savoy cabbage - no chance of me eating two of those in one week and I really don't want to waste it. Does anyone know if it's ok to freeze it? Crikey, I can't believe my new found love of veg... WW really have changed my mindset :)

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

McDonalds grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing 3PP
Diet coke 0PP
Special K choc chip bar 2PP

140g Fillet steak, raw weight 5PP
1 tbsp sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly & strawberries 0PP
Prob have a Skinny Cow lolly thingy too 2PP

I'm going to add 3PP for a small amount of popcorn earlier too 3PP

19/29

Sounds yummy! Afraid I can't help with the cabbage... Enjoy the shred :) x

What about making some soup with it and freezing it?

Food sounds lush.. but the steak... ewww hahaha! x

Thanks Jo, do you blanche the cabbage before freezing or just chop and freeze? I love shredded cabbage in a stir fry ;)

Today's menu...

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch out to celebrate Father's Day, I think I chose wisely and thoroughly enjoyed it!
Weights/points educated guesses.
150g cod, raw weight, grilled - no batter etc 3PP
Chips (pointed at chippy rates!), 100g, 7PP
Salad 0PP
1/2 small slice of homemade white bread (so good!!) and butter 2PP
Glass of wine 3PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly and strawberries 0PP
Probably have a Special K bar or Skinny Cow lolly @ 2PP

22/29

What about making some soup with it and freezing it?

Food sounds lush.. but the steak... ewww hahaha! x

Are you a vegetarian? I can see why steak would defo be ewww to you :p

Sounds like a yummy day :) x

Hi Micheala , just popped in to say hi and thanks for your good wishes . Feeling much better today (sore sitting down and lots of bladder pressure yesterday) no pressure this morning. . glad to see you are still going strong. I have to get back on the wagon after a bit of a blowout yesterday . Picked all day and then major chinese later (Wasnt chowmein!!!) . Anyway onwards and downwards!!!! :D:D Opperation fab bod for Xmas starts today.:eek:

Ah Breda, it's good to see you 'out and about' again. Glad you are feeling much better :) As for your weekend blowout... blimey, I reckon you deserve it. I love the idea of Operation Fab Bod for Christmas too.

Thanks so much Jo, I'll be chopping and shredding tomorrow morning. I have discovered a real love of the green stuff :p

Today's menu:
20g Rice Krispies 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP
Orange Club 3PP

85g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
60g Amoy sweet and sour sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leeks, spring onions & carrots 0PP

Misc snacks 5PP

24/29PP

I've just watched a programme which has made me quite emotional so I'm now battling the 'go and eat sugar' demon in my head. I don't need it and will fight it off... hopefully ;)

Sounds a yummy day! Hope u beat demon x

Morning all,

Sadly I didn't beat the sugar demon and promptly had a yogurt and a bourbon biscuit last night so I'll chalk that up to using all my dailies. In itself that's fine but I MUST learn to balance better food in favour of so many PPs used on sugary stuff. As soon as I eat something sweet I crave more and more. Today is a new day and all that. I could do with Jillian and her Shred DVD landing on the doormat today... sooner shredding commences the better IMO. Mind you I did catch part of a programme on one of the satellite channels featuring Jillian... er, she's a bit of a task master and if the DVD is anything like the programme, I'll be incapable of getting to the kitchen for sweets :D

Today's plan...
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

50g Tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP & Strawberries 0PP
Pink n White 1PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight, 6PP
Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Curly Wurly 3PP

Sugary snacks to be kept to a minimum today.

16/29

Have a busy day today with a couple of appointments. First of all I'm taking my son to hospital this morning for a hearing test - urgh! He's four and a half and has regular hearing tests.. I don't believe there is a problem with his hearing but more a case of being bored rigid during the tests and stops responding. Could really do with getting signed off from audiology.

Hope everyone has a great day :) x

Last edited:
Oh that nasty sugar monster !!!. Could you try not having any sweet things during the day and having a set treat at night e.g curly wurly for your late night cuppa or after dinner where you will be going to bed anyway shortly and are less likely to have an escallating binge. Works for me most times but depends on day of month etc.:cry:. I just find if I eat sugary stuff early in the day I am more likely to binge and sometimes I can motivate myself by saying well you can have your curly wurley later so you dont need sweet thing now. Its not an exact science as you know Jo . You will find what works for you . Just interested do you have any history of diabetes in your family ??

Hi Breda, No history of diabetes in my family but I have been tested a couple of times during the past few years - all results were fine. When I first started WW I avoided sweet food like the plague because I tend to be 'all or nothing'. A couple of months in I knew it wasn't sustainable so 'allowed' sweets back into my diet - I'm still learning how to balance it :p Today I decided I could have a Pink N White at lunchtime and will have a Curly Wurly a little later on and that's it - NOTHING ELSE - regardless of how much I *think* I need it :p

Hi DIFM

Sounds to me like you have got the sugar demon well under wraps....a yoghurt and one bourbon...I'd say that's pretty good will power!
Hope your son got on okay at audiology! x

Oh and also good luck with the shred when it arrives...you'll wonder what you ever did before without it ha! x

Hope shred arrives soon :) and that u beat that nasty sugar monster x

Back