Done my first day

Special K

Hi Everyone

Well I have done my first day and feel fine

I was surprised how nice the soup and the shake that I have had were

They def tasted better than the W8 ones, lot more creamy, had the soup in a bowl even OH said it smelt nice!

I had vanilla shake - I use an old drink bottle and shake it hard and it normally gets rid of any lumps

I had a bar in the evening and that was fab as well

I am also drinking plenty of water which means I am up and down to the loo a lot:)

Think I might have mushroom soup today for lunch

Karen

Hi Karen

Good to hear you got through day 1 OK. I found the first week the most difficult and I did have a couple of days where I had a bit of a headache and felt so tired but that passed and now I'm into week 7.

It's a big motivator as the weight starts to come off as well - 2 stone down and feeling much better already.

Good luck.

Julie x

Hi Julie

I have already lost 5 stone doing w8, which I finished in may and I found that really easy once I got into it and like you said the weight drops off
I decided to try and lose the other stone and a bit so I am lucky as having done VLCD before I know what to expect
I still find it hard to belive that this time last year I was 15 stone 5 now I am 11 stone as I have put on half a stone since may I blame my breadmaker lol
I also feel so much better, but I think the best bit is clothes shopping :) although I still pick up the wrong size even now
I think there are some before and after pics in my album
Think its going to be quite tough to lose the weight this time as there isn't as much of me lol
But I would recommend a VLCD diet to anyone, you just need will power

Karen

Hi Karen
Well done on day 1, glad you like the flavours - it does help!
Keep up with the water, I know it is a hassle keep going to the loo but you know how good it is for you - think of the calories burnt going up the stairs (if you have them of course).
Stay strong!
Bren xx

Hi Bren

Day two was a little tougher :) but I had been reading your posts and read that you had cut a bar in half and believe me thats fab idea! it really saved me last night as it got to around half past eight and my tum was rumbling so made a cup of tea and had my half bar.. heaven :)

Today is my day three, so I have one glass of water and now drinking my tea and then I will have a shake, but I feel hungry this morning so I know its going to be a toughie today but I know it will get easier by the weekend, just got to wait for ketosis to kick in ( think I must be nearly there as I have the metal taste in my mouth) and then the hunger pains will go away

Will report back in the morning lol

Karen
xxx

Hi Karen
Sounds like you are nearly there..................should make it much easier when you are in ketosis. Good luck for the rest of the day.
Bren xx

Day Three was TOUGH... I was SOOOO hungry but didn't give in, drank plenty of water, green tea and tea and everytime I went in the living room there was an ad on for FOOD!!!

Had a lovely bath instead and though what the hell I will weigh myself and I have lost 4 pounds already!! so that cheered me up no end

Its a year today since I started my w8 diet and this time last year I was 15 stone 5 and now I am 10 stone 12 ( well I was last night!) and have gone from a size 22 to a 12

All I can say is if I can do it so can anyone

Karen

Wooooooooo Hoooooooooo Karen - that is good going (now stay off the scales till your official weigh-in) :D

I am being a bit on the hungry side today but you just have to ignore it and keep busy I find and it does subside if you drink enough water/tea/coffee.
Bren xx

Wow Karen.

You did so well before I'm sure you'll manage to kick the next few lbs you want to get shot of.

I hope the weekend doesn't bring you any hunger pangs and any you do have you deal with in the same way. Last Sunday when OH was eating his roast dinner I had to get out the way and went for a bath as it smelt so nice. Luckily it doesn't get me too often like that but I think with the weather getting colder a good hot dinner seems more appealing.
One thing though is that I won't have a mouthful of anything - I will have vegetables and maybe a little turkey for Christmas dinner as a treat but until then I am determined to get this weight off.
Hope you have a painless weekend and well done on the 4lb. Look forward to reading how you get on.

Julie x

Hi Bren and Julie

Today is my birthday and my first year anniversary since i started dieting

Went shopping for clothes yesterday with my best friend, bought some new jeans in size 12 skinny fit lol and they fit fab - I love Asda jeans lol
Was hungry last night but other half did point out that i had been walking round for 4 hours so I thought I would have an extra shake and I had a choclate one .. now that was heaven I even felt like I was being a little naughty

Feel fine this morning erm afternoon no hunger pains other half had to remind me to have my shake this morning and I have just had a choc orange bar which was wicked or at least it tasted it!

Just going to sit and chill today, not going out tonight as would rather stay in with my bottle of fizzy water

I don't mind people eating in front of me as I am a veggie when I am dieting as I am a vegan when I am normal lol, have been a veggie nearly all my life and a vegan since about April this year, and in a strange way it makes my willpower stronger lol

karen
xx

Happy Birthday Karen :birthday: hope you have had a nice relaxing day and pampered yourself!
I am going out tonight, favourite local band are on at a fairly local pub and I hope to expend some calories bouncing about to the music and drinking my soda water. I also hope it cheers me up a bit as I have had a bit of a rough day, OH decided we needed to look at food and drink for Christmas so I have done M&S Foodhall and Morrisons and it was hell by the end of it, so much so that we ended up falling out :argh: which I absolutely detest. Sometimes she can be a bit cruel and thoughtless when we go food shopping and it really tests my resolve and patience immensely. I can stand so much but even I have a breaking point and am sorry to say I reached it today. The only good thing is that it made me more determined to stay on the straight and narrow. This is for ME :rant2: and I know I have to do it myself but sometimes could just do with a bit more support.

I have also donated my old huge clothes to a charity shop that runs a horse sanctuary so I hope it makes some money for them.

Have a good evening
Bren

Hi Bren

thank you :gen126: I hate arguing and falling as well big time, luckily for me my other half hates shopping:D so I do all mine on line as we don't drive so its a right pain
I do hope everything is ok now and you had a fab time last night, I was going to go out last night but I couldn't be bothered l:) so instead I bought some boots of Ebay :rolleyes: I stopped drinking a year ago and only drink soda water which is nearly always free.
My best friend says she has a surprise for me on Tuesday, I have to meet her and her fella in town, I am to wrap up warm and I will be out all day and take my camera so should be fun
Yesterday was ok diet wise, did feel a little hungry while I was watching X factor so I was really naughty and treated myself to an extra bar
I have always found these boards a good support as most of my friends don't understand how hard it is and the stuff that goes through your mind I know there have been times when I have just wanted to go the fridge and eat! but its only been willpower thats stopped me.
In fact this time I have only told one friend that I am on a diet, as I have a few not so nice comments from one of my male friends which needless to say I ignored but I did point out that he could do with losing a couple of stone:p and a size bigger in jeans!
Went I decided to lose weight last year, it was because I was so unhappy with myself, and I thought that there is only one person who can change it and thats me, and thats what I did and I feel so much better than I did a year ago, my skin is great, my size 12's fit which is so much better than the 24's I was in.
Even my doc is pleased:eek:
Its is tough doing a VLCD and then some, but the results are amazing, most people think you are mad to do it, but that their problem, still like it when people say to me have you lose wieght and I just say yep 5 stone and watch their faces, bet you have had that already.. such a good feeling!
I sold all my clothes on Ebay and bought new ones from there as well
Can't wait for Tuesday morning that my official weigh in day, so I will weigh myself before I go out

Take care
karen
xxx

Hi Karen
Yes we had a good night last night, much dancing was done although I did not join the young ones on the tables! I stayed safely on the floor :D Soda water was not free last night which was unusual! In fact it cost me £4 for a pint of soda and a pint of coke which I think is a real rip-off!

Got 3 compliments yesterday, a neighbour, the lead singer of the band and his wife all were saying how well I am looking and the wife of the lead singer was asking what diet it was so I told her, her problem is that she works with pasties, pies and cream cakes all day poor thing - that would make things sooooooooo much harder.
Hope you have a lovely day on Tuesday and that your weigh-in is great news for you, tis mine also on Tuesday morning so fingers crossed for both of us.
Bren xx

Back