Doner kebab recipe

having this again tonight :)
its my favourite a really nice treat
thanks so much for this recipe
xxx

I think the only place I've found extra lean lamb mince is Waitrose. Failing that, I'd say go to a butcher to get them to do it for you. I'm not even 100% sure the Waitrose one is free.

I think I'll do this tonight with roasted veg, some salad and a bit of yogurt/mint raita. Yum!

Stacey, how many syns would you put this down as... i couldnt get any ended up buying sainsburys lamb mince...
x

i had this yesterday too, like you say its sooo simply to make probably the easiest recipe to follow. And its b****y gorgeous!!

Had this for dinner last night - made in burger form - they were delish! :D

I have commented loads on this recipe its one of my favourites for SW and now pittas are a B you can have a real kebab with salad and SW chips yummy!!!

Made this last night as koftas on skewers, absolutely delicious as a normal recipe let alone a SW one :) OH loved it.
I haven't tried the other recipe version thats on here but I'm guessing I'd prefer this one anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made this yesterday. The flavour was great but the texture wasn't quite right so oh us going to buy me a food processor ;)

I make this on regular basis and it is delish. The trick to get it smooth is that when you mix all the ingrdients then massage /knead into the meat. Really squishing it, then it will be smooth and you do not need a food processor. Here is my version

1 lb extra lean mince beef
1 lb extra lean mince pork
1 xhopped chilli (I put the seeds in to)
salt to taste
2 tsp cumin powder
2 tsp coriander powder
2-3 cloves garlic minced or garlic granules

Put all ingredients in a bowl. knead together until meat is all smooth and spices obsorbed. Put in a loaf tin or an ovenproof dish. Shape the meat to dish shape and smooth the top. Cook in oven 200 dregrees for 30 minutes.

You can eat it hot or cold. I leave mine to cool fown and then slice very thinly. Serve with pitta, lots of salad, chilli sauce and SW chips.

Back