Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

You've done well there, I'm not sure I could ever resist Yorkshire puds! Hope the appointment and weigh-in go well!

Thank you :D I wasn't too fussed about them actually for once. I generally use them as gravy boats at the carvery because they are giant, but I reasoned I could do without it in favour of gravy, sauces and the oil!

Appointment went better than I ever expected, great outcome - I'll update on wi tomorrow ;)

Back home! Super exhausted, insomnia is such a problem for me sometimes - I got 45 minutes sleep last night. My head is hurting in the special way it hurts from lack of sleep and I feel like I've been on a 12 hour flight, that kind of washed out tired. But I got up and went to my appointment and it went so well! I'm going to have to tell it here even though it's of no interest to anyone but me :p

Since about age 12 I have had developing chronic daily hemiplegic migraines - basically excruciating pain that never quite goes away but varies in intensity and aura to go with it, either visual (most people see flashing lights or squiggly lines) or hemiplegic (makes it look like I'm having a stroke, I get paralysed completely down one side for up to several days) and another condition which is a subset of something called Trigeminal Neuralgia. The migraines leave me forever washed out, with weakness, memory problems, nausea, vertigo and something called Alice in Wonderland Syndrome which is peculiar to say the least lol. I'm constantly worrying about when my next big episode will happen which will leave me incapacitated for weeks. I'm on very high doses of various medications which give me speech and memory problems and various other things, I get steroid injections in the back of my head every 3 months which don't do much and have been on the waiting list for botox for over a year. It helps about 50% of people with chronic migraines and my neurologist runs the botox clinic at my hospital. There are unfortunately a limited number of places because Botox is still quite newly approved over here and it is working well for the people in the clinic already so nobody drops out muc
I was put on the waiting list and told it should be about 6 months but it has taken so long and I'm still only number 16 so it could be another year. I was prepared (or my parents were lol) to pay the £600 a session at this point because things are so bad, and you need a minimum of 2 sessions over 6 months to see if it's working. Anyway it seems my neuro took pity on me at this point because he's going to see me outside of the botox clinic to do it for me, so I skip the rest of the waiting list AND it's free! He's very pro nhs and doesn't like that people should pay when they're entitled to it which is lovely but it means that he is finding time in his 'emergency admissions' days where he sees people who need attention urgently to help me out. I'm SO happy. I have been really very low recently, from the constant pain and the stress of not being able to cope with uni and then worries about how I'll ever hold down a job, I had to increase my anti depressant meds just because of the pain recently. Botox isn't guaranteed to help and probably won't solve it all even if it does help, but it means that a. there is a chance the pain will start to decrease soon and b. we can move on to other things much quicker if needed, rather than me ending up all consumed by my bloody misbehaving head!

Aaaanyway. On a sw related note, obviously I flexi synned yesterday then today I just had fruit until I got home and I've had a superfree stir fry with smoky bbq type jar sauce which I couldn't be bothered to syn but will be within my dailies because it wasn't much and I've had no others so far today. I was really good with keeping syns low until yesterday so I think it should be ok....although *week might have some impact on wi. Shall have to see!

Roll on 8pm when I feel it is more acceptable to fall into my bed at last!

Wow, it was a good day then:) it must be so tough dealing with that on a daily basis, fingers crossed the boron sees an improvement for you.

How were things with your mum?

What is this book about you and kay are talking about?

Wow, it was a good day then:) it must be so tough dealing with that on a daily basis, fingers crossed the boron sees an improvement for you.

How were things with your mum?

What is this book about you and kay are talking about?

Thanks :) Yeah it's not an ideal situation (obviously lol) but it's become the norm for me so if I can reduce things enough to not have daily pain that would be great.

Things were fine with her actually, the trick is to catch her at the right time and at the moment she's uncharacteristically mellow. There were still odd things that outsiders would look at and might think are bad but in the scheme of things it went very well and she's never going to be able to stop putting people down like she does. She was really good about my migraine too, (often she tells me my problems are all because of my weight when they definitely aren't, or ends an argument with 'oh go and take another pill', whatever that is supposed to mean) which meant I could also break it to her that my exams aren't likely to go the way I want them to, which is what I was scared of telling her because usually she'd have gone off on one at me But fortunately it was all good. It's nice being able to have a mum you can talk to almost normally lol

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Eat-Live-Amazing-Nutrient-Rich-Sustained/dp/031612091X It's this book, about what are the best most nutrient dense things to eat, how to eat super healthily following the plan etc. It's actually a whole lot more but I'm so tired I can't go into it much, but it's a really healthy way of eating that can be used for weight loss, some people use it to deal with disease etc based on whole foods, greens especially. Because it's so simple it has earned a huge amount of success. I've used it for fast weight loss while eating masses and masses as well as to help control medical issues.

Not sure I'm going to stay to group today, I have so much work to do that I haven't started and my exams are in 8 days :/ Thinking of trying some scan bran, I know it's got wheat in but if I limit it I doubt it'll cause me much of a problem. There's also a twister sitting in the freezer which I'm looking forward to! Depending on how wi goes tonight I might order food in. I haven't planned anything for tonight but chicken kebab is kind of calling me. I could make my own chips if I want them and have it without sauce and a ton of salad. I know there's kebab in the fakeaway book but I can't cook it tonight as I'd need to go shopping. Hmm. I'll see how it goes!
Leaving in about 20 minutes to go to wi at 5.30. Fingers crossed it goes ok!

Haha, glad I could help lol :p It is really a wonderful way of eating if you can stick to it and it isn't that difficult really. I personally would use the principles of the book and make it work for everyday life with treats etc. It can give huge weight loss, especially if you're needing a kick start back into things but it's just soooo healthy! The book is great, I have a copy on my kindle. Dr Fuhrman did a great job with it but he does promote ridiculous memberships on his website and sell extortionate vitamins and things like that to get the 'full benefit' of the plan. That's my only criticism of the whole idea, and those of us who aren't insane realise there is no need to buy into all that fortunately :p! I do hope you enjoy it when you have a look at the suggestion menu!

Thanks Donkey, I agree, I like the health aspect of it too. And your right they do try and make you spend more of your money with add ons like most diet plans. But I love SW and will stick with that but incorporate some of the healthy eating principles from `eat to live ' with it :).

I hope your having a good week on plan hun and good luck for weigh in tonight ! ;)

Kay xx

That's excellent, well done!

Wow fantastic well done xxx

Woooooooo well done chica :)

Fab loss! Well done xx

That's excellent, well done!

Well done hun, that's brilliant ! :D

Kay xx

fab loss hun well done xx

Thank you so much everyone! I'm a tiny 1/2 pound off my stone now! So happy! I even got Slimmer of the Week! Seriously did not expect that at all, I had accepted it was likely to be a pound off so this has boosted me right up and funnily enough I don't want the takeaway I did earlier - emotional eating without realising it I guess!
I do wonder if perhaps *week being late has maybe had an effect on the past 2 weeks being only 1 pound each, as I felt bloated and nasty 2 weeks ago when I was on the run up to the 'correct' start date, but doesn't matter!
Totally forgot my basket, had to run back once I'd got home before the 2nd meeting started to get it - lots of options in there so going to try them! I'm clearly on another planet with exams though because I bought a rocky road hifi pack and scanbran at the start and walked off without them after paying too lol :p

What a fantastic lost, hope that gives you a nice little boost to keep up the good work this week! Next week is definitely your stone award if you do! Good luck!

Back