Donnajt's 2011 Starting All Over Again Diary

Do you think I can stick to SW until my 40th birthday in April?

• Yes

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
hi donna god yes the kellogs fibre plus bars are soooooo scrummy loved them well worth the money they were £1.89 buy 3 for the price of 2 my o/h tried one but he said it was a bit too "sticky" for him all i can say is roll on tomorrow so i can have another one lol xx

will pick some up tomorrow, paul is the cereal bar eater in my house, i don't get a look in, they do sound good, if you only get to eat 1 for your HEB i might get to sample

can;t wait for my rice pud

That KFC meal looks lush! I also bought some frozen corn on the cob today for only £1 in Asda.
Sorry for not posting the dhal recipe yet...don't have the packet any more...think it's somewhere in my old diary, so will search it for you :)

donnajt said:
Thanks Ally, this sounds delic - how long do you cook for?

No cooking!

That KFC meal looks lush! I also bought some frozen corn on the cob today for only £1 in Asda.
Sorry for not posting the dhal recipe yet...don't have the packet any more...think it's somewhere in my old diary, so will search it for you :)

Meli it was lovely - i hate kfc but this was a winner with all 4 of us

don't worry about the dhal recipe, if you come across it brilliant, if not, i will find another one

how is your husband?

Donna, loving the new diary!

All the best for 2011, both you and family and good luck with your SW!

i was thinking of making mini ones but how many do you make and how long do they last, i made that huge quiche and i am not kidding you i had two slices, paul demolished the rest!

I made 10 using 6 eggs and they're about the size of cupcakes. I'm lucky as my hubby doesn't like quiche or omelettes (yet he likes scrambled egg :confused:) so they're all for me!
I've made them for snack purposes only though not for a meal so I'm hoping they'll last me about 2/3 days maybe?
They're much nicer if you line the cupcake tins with a slice of ham too (I didn't have any :()

Please share your satay recipe... am dying to try a SW friendly satay!
Yum will have to check out the frittatta recipe sounds scrummy

Made some lovely black eyed beans today in the pressure cooker.
Soaked them for 4 hours, then fried some onions in fry light, added 1 chopped extra large tomatoe (without the skin) and added a spice mix called "Pasanda" by the Laziza brand and let it turn into a sauce. You can find it from the Asian stores if there are any close by. Then put about 4.5 cups of water and put the black eyed beans and give it medium gas pressure for 25 mins. Then take off the lid and cook for a further 10 mins and add some natural yogurt (about 2 tbsp) and then cook further 10 mins. Have this with some pita bread or rice...and it is really nice.

Please share your satay recipe... am dying to try a SW friendly satay!
Yum will have to check out the frittatta recipe sounds scrummy

The frittatta pic is coming have just uploaded

Right the Satay Recipe is one I found on here sorry to whoeever posted it: (Serves 4)

454g chicken, cut into cubes
2 tbsp dark soya sauce
1 garlic clove crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Skewers (if you plan on using them and frylight) I don't bother with skewers!

Make up sauce, spread over chicken and leave to marinade (for at least 30 mins). Cook in oven on low heat (about 175) for about 40 mins so chicken is really tender

Satay sauce
3tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (12 syns)
120ml water
1/2 garlic clove crushed
1 tbsp sweetner
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp ff fromage frais (I use more)
Chilli finely chopped or splodge of chilli sauce (optional we like a good KICK!)

Heat gently stirring until combined, don't worry if its runny it thickens as it cools

If you are serving with skewers, pour into little bowls, if not, i add chicken to the satay sauce, mix well and serve, delicious

Serves 4 / 3 syns per serving

Last edited:
Made some lovely black eyed beans today in the pressure cooker.
Soaked them for 4 hours, then fried some onions in fry light, added 1 chopped extra large tomatoe (without the skin) and added a spice mix called "Pasanda" by the Laziza brand and let it turn into a sauce. You can find it from the Asian stores if there are any close by. Then put about 4.5 cups of water and put the black eyed beans and give it medium gas pressure for 25 mins. Then take off the lid and cook for a further 10 mins and add some natural yogurt (about 2 tbsp) and then cook further 10 mins. Have this with some pita bread or rice...and it is really nice.

YUM! thanks x

Bargains! Vegetarians look away!!

Got some amazing bargains at Tesco this morning, 800g packs of lean steak mince £1.05, Lamb joint £4, Beef joint £3.25, Pork join £2.05, stewing steak 95p. When I got home, none of the meat was going out of date so I think whoever priced them up is in pretty big trouble!! But thank you very much to my shopping fairy, so this bundle (minus toiletries, loo rolls and bleach) cost me £41

thurs29july_0290.jpg

Meli - check out the lentils and chickpeas!

i want to shop in your tescos!

Thanks for asking about OH. He is doing better. He went back to work at the end of November, but he still has his days where he feels really tired, so it's ups and downs. We all got the speedy vaccination for HebB (3 injections), plus we have to go in a year's time again for a booster. He needs to go in March to the hospital to see if he is still a carrier. Fingers crossed it will all go well.

How did everything go with your mom?

Back