Donnajt's 2011 Starting All Over Again Diary

Do you think I can stick to SW until my 40th birthday in April?

• Yes

Votes: 30 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Friday night's yummy roast:
100_5313.jpg

Soul in a bowl: Today's lunch
100_5315.jpg

Yum that roast dins looks fab.
I'm kinda doing lamb kebabs too... But going to make them into meatballs instead as easier to cook! What are you having yours with?

Yum that looks luverly I made that recipe before - me and hubby demolished the whole 4 portions! My kebab was more meatballs as easier to cook - delish though!
Glad the family enjoyed x

Love the 'pitta en route to mouth' photo!! They look scrummy.
You can definitely keep on track until April Donna, and there's lots of us on here to keep you in line :)
Can't beat the PJ-day body magic ;)

Tonight's SW KFC (omg! family already asking for this again lol)
thurs29july_0274.jpg

KFC Chips, Corn on the Cob, Beans 'n Coleslaw

That looks gorgeous!! How many syns for the whole thing? Also, how do I make the southern fried chicken effect?! So glad I came to see your diary, it's wonderfully insightful :) xx

Actually just found the KFC recipe... thanks for opening my eyes up to it though =] Best of luck xx

that soul in a bowl looks good... what's in it?

One to try:

This Morning's Beat the Chef
Stacey Soloman’s winning shepherd’s pie recipe – she’s Queen of our Kitchen!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 large onion
2 garlic cloves
80g carrots
450g minced lamb
2tbsp fresh chopped parsley
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
275ml vegetable stock
1tbsp tomato puree
1tbsp of plain flour
For the Mash Topping:
300g swede
600g white potatoes
100g Cheddar cheese
50g butter
Salt and pepper
Method:
1. Finely chop the onion and garlic.
2. Chop the carrots into small pieces.
3. Finely chop the parsley.
4. Peel the potatoes and swede, cut them into quarters and put them in a pan of salted water to stop them going brown.
5. Pour the olive oil into the pan on a medium heat and add the chopped onions and garlic. Cook for about five minutes, stirring frequently. Once the onions begin to brown, add the carrots and cook for five minutes. Remove the mix from the pan and keep on a plate to use later.
6. Add the lamb to the pan and cook, stir frequently until all of the meat has browned.
7. Add the onion and garlic mix, parsley, thyme, Worcestershire Sauce, vegetable stock and tomato puree to the meat. Sift the flour over the top and mix the ingredients well. Cover the pan and let the mix cook for about 35 minutes on a low heat, stirring occasionally.
8. Meanwhile, cook the potatoes and swede on a medium heat for 25 minutes until they have softened and are cooked through. Once cooked, drain the potatoes and swede and then leave them to stand for five minutes with no lid on the pan.
9. Drain the cooked potato and swede, add the butter and thoroughly mash the potato and swede together.
10 .Pre heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F / Gas Mark 6.
11. Pour the meat into the base of the oven proof dish until it’s just over half deep, and then gradually spoon the mash mix over the meat. Smooth out the mash topping and then sprinkle the cheese over the top.
12. Cook for 30 minutes, turning the dish round once half way through cooking. The cheese should turn golden brown.

Week 1

Sunday, 09 January 2010
...Day 5
B: Yogurt, Banana

L: -
D: Roast Lamb, roast onions & carrots, swede & carrot mash, mash, peas
HEA: Milk
HEB: Kelloggs FibrePlus bar
Syns: Gravy (1)
Exercise: Walk/Housework
Job of the Day: too many too list

Well I am back to work tomorrow, got so much to do before i can go to bed tonight, but i keep sneaking on here in between jobs, got to get all our lunches made up, so i have decided to make another "lamb doner kebab" loaf and make paul, meg and noah lamb & salad wraps for next couple of days to make life a bit easier

Also intend to make Stacey Soloman's shep pie today for dinner tomorrow as Paul is on lates and I won't be home with the kids until nearly six so I am thinking cook today, reheat quickly tomorrow

Been to our local farmers shop today and bought loads of lovely veggies, prices are excellent, 3 huge swedes £1, 10kg pots £3, 20 pink lady apples £1, 10 apricots £1, 3kg red onions (we couldn't exist without these) £1.50

So have a leg of lamb roasting, house smells gorgeous, looking forward to Dancing On Ice tonight, shame I have to do the ironing at the same time

Happy Sunday and good luck to all those weighing in in the morning xxx

One to try:

Allie1904's 5 bean chilli - 5 portions - free on green/ee - freezes well!
1 Can mixed bean salad
1 can butter beans
1 can kidney beans
a carrot grated
1 large white onion, one large red onion chopped
a courgette chopped
Mushrooms chopped
fresh Chilli chopped finely
Garlic crushed
tin Chopped tomatoes x 2
Chilli powder
stock

Frylight a heavy based pan, add the onions and soften, add carrot, mushrooms, courgette, fresh chilli and garlic, cook for another few minutes. Add chilli powder to taste and cook for 2 minutes. Drain tins of beans and add to the saucpan, mix well, add tins of chopped toms and simmer. add stick until its the consistency you want.

Wedges:
1 medium/large spud per person
Frylight
Ground salt and black pepper

Preheat the oven to 240'c. Frylight a pizza tray, chop up the spuds into wedge shapes put on teh tray, spray with frylight and put on s+p. Cook until soft on the inside and crispy outside. Turning occasionally.

To serve:

Cheeeessse :D

Been to our local farmers shop today and bought loads of lovely veggies, prices are excellent, 3 huge swedes £1, 10kg pots £3, 20 pink lady apples £1, 10 apricots £1, 3kg red onions (we couldn't exist without these) £1.50

WOW i shop at mine every week! i just wish they were as cheap! i think once i've got my car i may have to look for a new one... lol

WOW i shop at mine every week! i just wish they were as cheap! i think once i've got my car i may have to look for a new one... lol

Barleylands is brilliant, they sell everything, best place for spices, fresh eggs, plants, turf, booze, bakers bread, yummy cakes (but we didn't stop at the bakers bit today) the lot, in the summer they were selling sweet tomatoes a washing up bowl full for £3

Hi Donna, I've really enjoyed your diaries so far and recipes. My first WI after rejoining last week is Wednesday. Hoping EE is the way forward as used to do Red before.

My husband is for the first time going to be following the plan and eat pretty much the same as me.

He is 14st 3¾ (5' 10) :(

Jill

Back