donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters

donnajt

Addicted to Minimins!
Woke up determined to lose the weight once and for all, have piled on the pounds over the last few years esp last ten months following birth of my lovely little boy, Noah! So hubby and myself joined our local class on Tuesday morning, we have several stone to lose between us, but we are determined o ditch the fat before our 40th birthdays next year and what better motivation than our beautiful children, Megan (10) and Noah (10 months)!
Any tips, suggestions, encouragement welcome!

Start Date: Tuesday 15 June 2010
Start Weight: 16 8lbs (heaviest I have ever been)
Target Weight: 11 7lbs (ish)
Target Date: 05 April 2011, 6 days before my 40th birthday
Food Diary 15-21 June 2010

Tuesday 15 June, Day 1, Extra Easy
B:
Missed (running late didnt want to miss Slimming World Class)
L: Pasta, FF Dressing, Chicken, onion, plum toms, cucumber
D: Beef Stirfry, Noodles, Steak, Mushroom, Onion, Chillies, toms, Satay Sauce (3 sins)
HEA 250ml semi skimmed milk
HEB -
SYNS: Satay Sauce 3 (3/10)

Wednesday 16 June, Day 2, Extra Easy
B:
Nat Yogurt, Banana, Strawberries
L: Pasta, FF Dressing, Chicken, onion, plum toms, cucumber
D: Chicken Stirfry, courgettes, mange tout, peppers, onion, hoisin sauce (3 sins)
HEB -
SYNS: Hoisin Sauce 3 (3/10)

Thursday 17 June, Day 3, Extra Easy
B:
Nat Yogurt, Honey, Banana, Strawberries
L: SW Quiche, toms, cucumber, beetroot, carrot, grapes, satsuma
D: SW Quiche, SW Chips (small portion), large salad, FF dressing
HEB -
SYNS: Honey 1 (1/10)

Last edited:
Hi Donna :) welcome to SW and Minimins!! i was just wondering are you consciously not having a HeB every day or are you just unsure what you can have or whether it will impact on your loss or not? it is important to have your HexA and HexB every day, especially on the EE plan as they're there to make sure you get the right amount calcium and fibre a day, NOT having them can do more harm than good when it comes to weigh in day ;) the same applies really with your syns, im not sure what advice you got from your consultant but you definitely need at least 5 syns a day, let me know if you have any questions id be happy to help :) xx

Hi Emma Louise

Thanks for your reply, to be perfectly honest I am struggling to eat everything whilst juggling my husband's SW daily menu (and preparing them!) a 10 year old and a 10 month old baby, I just seem to be in the kitchen 24/7

However I have finally been out and bought some weetabix for breakfast to use it that way but I am enjoying my nat yog honey and banana I haven't bothered, I think I will have to try and incorporate it into my lunch ie have ryvita rather than pasta

Still getting my head round the diet - finding it relatively easy but I have followed weight watchers on and off since the first of my daughter 10 years ago!

If you have any other ideas how to use by HEB love to hear them

thanks, donna x

If you have any other ideas how to use by HEB love to hear them
My HEB is normally breakfast or a snack. I'll have 2 weetabix or 42g of crunchy bran cereal using milk from my HEA. If you get to the end of the day without using your HEB, maybe have 2 alpen light bars or a kellogg's fibre plus cereal bar with a cuppa? Also, if you enjoy bread, you can have 3 slices weight watchers brown danish or 2 ww wholemeal, which you can have for breakfast or have egg on toast/beans on toast. As you said, you can have ryvitas, or maybe a bag of ryvita minis. Just some ideas for you :) x

Hi GeordieGirl

Thanks for those ideas - I do love my bread (esp a tiger stick!!) but I feel so much better for not eating it this week. I really want to get away from the "treat" and a cuppa in the evening cos this is my danger time and could lead to a marathon binge.

Have added alpen light bars, kelloggs fibre plus, WW bread and bags of ryvitas to today's shopping list

thanks again

ps really jealous of your weight loss!

Saturday 18 June, Day 5, Extra Easy

AARRGGHHH!! All gone horribly wrong but am not panicking as not cheated!

My nephew's birthday bbq, brother told me plenty of chicken so didn't take anything with me...however when we arrived, burgers or big fat juicy sausages. The burgers were from a butcher and where really lean and although I hate burgers they were really meaty and not at all greasy, so...

B: Natural yogurt, banana, honey (1syn)
L: BBQ burger (NO bun, cheese or sauce) and loads of salad
D: BBQ burger (NO bun, cheese or sauce) and loads of salad
HEB -
SYNS: Honey 1, Burgers?????

Last edited:
Donna, I really wouldnt worry about the burgers. They were grilled, not fried, and if there was any fat in them it would most likely have dripped out in the cooking over the coals. Given that you only had one other syn yesterday I dont think you have anything to be concerned about.

I agree re. the burgers, sounds like you were very good in other ways and dont think they will have ruined anything at all. well done.x

Thank MadameLaMinx and ThinLizzie you have both put my mind at rest.

Today has been a strange day, yesterday I felt really pleased refusing pudding or anything remotely scrumptious! I even made a white chocolate and strawberry cheesecake and plated it up for everybody else, but today, I feel really fat and yuk again, need to get my positive head on me thinks...:cry:

Friday 18 June, Day 6, Extra Easy
B:
Natural yogurt, banana, honey (1syn)

L: Pasta n Sauce/Salad/Grapes (1.5syns) YUK!
D: Club Sandwich: 3x WW Bread (HEB), Bacon, Chicken, Lettuce, Cherry Toms, Mayo, (1syn), Small portion SW Chips, Large Salad, Coleslaw, Pickle Onions, Beetroot (1syn)
HEB
3x WW Bread
SYNS
: Honey 1, Pasta n Sauce 1.5, Mayo (1) (3.5/10)

Good Start to a Mondy!

I think I have an addiction to nat yog, banana and honey, I have dreamt about them so vividly I had to count the bananas this morning to check I didn't eat it n my sleep lol!

Received an unexpected text from my dad first thing telling me proud he is to be my dad - what a lovely start to any day!

Monday 21 June, Day 7, Extra Easy
B: Natural yogurt, banana, honey (1syn) what else!
L: Cucumber and Carrot sticks, cherry toms, coleslaw, crab sticks, curry dip (nat yog/curry powder) - grapes, cherries, glass dr pepper zero
D: Mushroom and bacon penne (from July 2010 SW Mag), spag, bacon, mush, chery toms, spinach, garlic, onion, parmesan
HEB X
SYNS: Honey 1, (1/10)

Will update menu a bit later, I am loving this site and the support it provides!:D

Lunch was delicious, took a leaf out of some of your diaries and presented the food beautifully on matching crockery and poured my dr pepper z into a wine glass

Highly recommend the bacon and penne recipe - mean to take picture but was so starving (late home) just couldn't wait

I am absolutely stuffed! not sure I will be able to fit anything else in today

Last edited:
Good luck for your WI tomorrow, your menus have looked fab for this week :D

thank you all!

starting to feel a bit nervous now about weigh-in tonight, have I lost? what if I've gained? what if paul (husband) hasn't lost? what if he has only lost 1lb and I've lost 10 stone? etc all on my mind...gonna keep very busy today - this shouldn't be too hard as my baby Noah has started crawling all over the place non-stop!

WEEK 2 :talk017:
(will update weight loss/gain later)

Start Date: Tuesday 15 June 2010
Start Weight: 16 8lbs (heaviest I have ever been)
Target Weight: 11 7lbs (ish)
Target Date: 05 April 2011, 6 days before my 40th birthday
Weight Loss to Date: -4.5lbs

Week 2 Food Diary 22-28 June 2010

Tuesday 22 June, Day 1, Extra Easy
B:
Nat yog, honey (1syn), banana
L: Crudites - cherry toms, carrots, cucumber, coleslaw, beetroot, pickle onions, satsuma, strawberries, curry dip (nat yog, curry powder, pinch sweetner)
D: Hunters Chicken (chicken, SW bbq sauce, cheese, bacon), SW Chips, roasted cherry toms, salad
HEA Cheese
HEB -
SYNS: Honey 1 (1/10)

If I have lost today I shall be having either a packet of S&V crisps or Freddo frog...:drool:

Last edited:
HI

Have you had you're WI yet we're all dying to know......

From your menus looks like you've had a good week.

Good luck- fingers crossed for you.

Kats:)

Week 2

Wednesday 23 June, Day 2, Extra Easy
B:
Nat yog, honey (1syn), banana
L: Crudites - cherry toms, carrots, cucumber, beetroot, pickle onions, + Syn Free Smoked Salmon Pate + packet Ryvita minis
D: Chicken stir-fry with satay sauce and stir fry veg
HEA Milk
HEB Ryvita Minis
SYNS: Honey 1, Satay Sauce 3 (4/10)

Loving today's menu and he smoked salmon pate is divine (smoked salmon, quark, lemon juice, s&p, fresh dill blend to consistency you like) am eating lunch as I'm typing

Last edited:
Thursday 24 June, Day 3, Extra Easy
B: Nat yog, honey (1syn), banana
L: Crudites - cherry toms, beetroot, pickle onions, + Syn Free Smoked Salmon Pate + packet Ryvita minis, small slice SW quiche
D: SW Quiche, SW chips (can't wait!) salad
Snacks: Apple, Banana, Satsuma
HEA Milk
HEB Ryvita Minis
SYNS: Honey 1, (1/10)

Feeling crappy today, woke up happy enough but had rubbish day at work, why are some people so nasty and spiteful? I was in tears this morning and it's ruined my mood for the rest of the day...but I haven't crumbled, I haven't reached for the chocolate! Hooray!

Last edited:
Back