donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
Oooh, that pie looks yummy Donna:D I'm nearly drooling-lol

It was scrummy - i had to quickly freeze the last two pies because paul was desperate for another. To be honest, next time i will probably bung it all in slow cook then thicken the gravy up with extra smash if necessary

Gino D'Campo Courgette and Lemon Zest Pasta (SW version)

Right here is recipe - am going to try tomorrow:

Courgette and Lemon Zest Pasta
Serves 2

1 courgette coarsely grated
frylite (non SW 3 tbsp olive oil)
Good pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 tbsp green pesto (3.5 syns) (non SW 2tbsp pine kernels 10 syns)
zest of 1/2 unwaxed lemon
120g spaghetti
2 tbsp parmesan cheese (1 HEA each)
salt and pepper to taste

Put grated courgette in teatowel, squeeze to dry

heat pan with frylite and fry courgette for 5 mins over medium heat, add chilli flakes, pesto and lemon zest and cook for 3 more mins

Season with salt and stir

Cook pasta in large saucepan, drain thoroughly and tip into pan with courgette

Toss together over a medium heat for 30 seconds, serve immediately sprinkle with parmesan

2 syns per portion

Jamie Oliver - Brilliant Bacon Pasta SW Version

Jamie Oliver's Brilliant Bacon Pasta SW Version

Serves 2
140g bacon, all fat removed
1 courgette
garlic
28g mature reduced fat cheddar (1x HEA or 4 syns)
100ml Nat Yogurt, Greek Yogurt or Quark (or 100ml creme fraiche remember to syn)
250g pasta

Cook pasta

Fry bacon until golden brown, add garlic in the last minute or so

Slice courgettes lengthways and cut into chunks. Add to frying panb and cook for a couple of mins with bacon and garlic till soft

Drain pasta, return to pan, add yogort, black pepper and half the cheddar mix together

Gently fold bacon and courgette mixture into the pasta and grate remaining cheese on top, tuck in!

Week 10 Food Diary 17 Aug 2010
Target weight loss this week: -3.5 (2 stone shiny)

Saturday 21 August, Day 5, Extra Easy
B: WW Yog, Banana
L: Coleslaw, carrot, pickle onions, tomatoes, cucumber
D: Sweet Chilli Chicken
S: 1x Lemon Cous Cous Muffin, 3x slices Cheese & Sun Dried Tomato Cous Cous Loaf
HEA : Cheese
HEB : - oops!
SYNS: Tea = 1, Cous Cous Loaf = 3, Coleslaw 2 = 6
So jars of pickle onions eaten to date: 11

OOPS! I think I might have slept-walked because I woke up this morning and found a double decker wrapper on my side of the bed!!! Not sure if I ate it, if I did am p***ed off because I didn't get to enjoy it and what a waste of syns or whether Paul is playing mean tricks on me because he went out at 2:30 this morning to collect his brother from the airport...OMG this could be the unravelling of my diet, what if I sleepwalk and munch every night? don't think my Consultant will believe this excuse at WI this week...

Last edited:
thank god it wasn't a five pack lol!
double decker.jpg

Sweet Chilli Chicken

Tonight's tea, Megan made us Sweet Chilli Chicken, her choice from all the recipes I have "lifted" from this site, I apologise as I didn't note the name of the person who posted it, but it's so delicious, I am going to post it here, if you recognise this as one of your recipes, please let me know so that I can "rep" you

thurs29july_0483.jpg

SW Sweet Chilli Chicken
4 Garlic cloves crushed
113 ml soy sauce
2 tsps Bartsts Harissa paste
2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce 1/2 syn per serving
4 chicken breasts, cut into chunky fillets
Fresh coriander chopped
1 Lime halved

Make up sauce and marinade the chicken in the sauce, leave to marinade for as long as you can (we managed 2 horus!) and place in a non stick baking tray, cover with foil and cook on gas mark 6 or 200C for 25-30 minutes.

I cooked it slower on about 175C for about 1.5 hours so the chicken was really tender, didn't baste of anything as its covered in foil, and here is loads of lovely watery sauce left to pour over the noodles

I served with noodles (with red onion, mushrooms and beansprouts) also did a side dish of more onion, mush and beansprouts

We ate it between 3, so I am going to say 1.5 syns each

More Cous Cous

...this is very dangerous...

Lemon Cous Cous Muffins
thurs29july_0482.jpg

Lemon couscous cake
Free on green and Extra Easy (20 syns if you syn the couscous)
4oz Couscous
2 eggs
3 lemons - juice and rind
5 tablespoons granulated sweetener (splenda or canderel)
1 tub quark
1 teaspoon baking powder

Cover couscous in boiling water - cover and leave to stand for approx 5 mins then fluff with fork.
Beat together all remaining ingredients and add the mixture to the couscous
Pour into a cake tin and bake in a preheated oven (approx 180˚) for 45 minutes or until firm

Cheese & Sundried Tomato Cous Cous Cous Loaf
thurs29july_0486.jpg

Savoury cous cous cake
1 cup of couscous
1 cups of water
1 egg
1 tub quark
1 HEA Reduced Fat Cheese
S & P

Cover cous cous in boiling water for about 5 mins, fluff with work
Combine all other ingredients together, add cous cous
Frylite a loaf tin, cook for about 45mins til golden brown

I'm sure you could use any extras - bacon, onion etc, I used 3 sun dried tomatoes that were lurking in the back of the cupboard, they work out 1/2 syn but I am counting each slice as 1 syn

Both recipes and others can be found here
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/125931-cous-cous-cake.html

Last edited:
Did you ever get down to the result of the mystery double decker?

Hi Donna,

I am back completely 100% on track and focused!! I am loving your meals and pics, I am thinking of ways to make the non-veggie ones veggie so that I can try them, I think I need a week of new recipes as well as Red Days to kickstart my enthusiasm!! I will be watching your diary more now, thanks for the ideas :D

Hey Donna,

How are you? Im still here! Just I changed to doing calorie counting instead, and up too now ive lost around 12 - 13 lbs!!! Hows slimmers going for you?

x:princess:x

Hey Donna,

How are you? Im still here! Just I changed to doing calorie counting instead, and up too now ive lost around 12 - 13 lbs!!! Hows slimmers going for you?

x:princess:x

Jen - been thinking about you lots - thanks for message, did you get those tablets? have they helped? What made you switch to calorie counting..really enjoying SW, it suits me and family, stay in touch!

Why am I doing this?

1. To be fit and healthy for my kids
  2. To make my kids proud of me
  3. To look in mirror and like the reflection
  4. To be fit and forty on April 11th 2011 and to wear my wedding dress
  5. Life is too short to be hiding away
  6. Cos I want to wear trendy clothes not hide away in tents a size too big
  7. To be able to walk into any shop and fit into the clothes not have to buy overpriced plus sizes
  8. Reduce my ironing pile!!!
  9. Confidence - too feel attractive again
  10. To fit into my wedding dress on 11 April 2010 (my 40th birthday)
  11. To feel good about myself, not be filled with self-loathing

BIG THANKS TO PAMMY_D for letting me borrow her list idea, thanks pammy, big hug x

If you find this IS something you're doing try having a piece of fruit or something just before bed. Could be your blood sugars going low and you're eating at 2-3 am.

From personal experience its what I was doing when mines was going low and I was getting up to eat at 3-4 in the morning. I could *just* remember it and no more.

1. To be fit and healthy for my kids
  2. To make my kids proud of me
  3. To look in mirror and like the reflection
  4. To be fit and forty on April 11th 2011 and to wear my wedding dress
  5. Life is too short to be hiding away
  6. Cos I want to wear trendy clothes not hide away in tents a size too big
  7. To be able to walk into any shop and fit into the clothes not have to buy overpriced plus sizes
  8. Reduce my ironing pile!!!
  9. Confidence - too feel attractive again
  10. To fit into my wedding dress on 11 April 2010 (my 40th birthday)
  11. To feel good about myself, not be filled with self-loathing
BIG THANKS TO PAMMY_D for letting me borrow her list idea, thanks pammy, big hug x

Awww shucks :eek:, your welcome hun

Jen - been thinking about you lots - thanks for message, did you get those tablets? have they helped? What made you switch to calorie counting..really enjoying SW, it suits me and family, stay in touch!

Hey Donna,
Yeah I got them, and they were really good! They stopped me from feeling so hungry all the time and still have a few left, as I would forget to take one. But then i realised I could do it without them. So completley stopped them and feel great :D

Well, I think it was because I found on SW I could eat as much free food as I wanted and I couldnt seem to understand how I could eat loads of it but still loose weight. And as I carried on taking the tablets I noticed I wasnt eating as much as I did before. So I thought to myself right im going to calorie count! And I honestly feel like my stomache has shrunk. I cant eat half as much as I did before it (Which Im really happy about) And everyone is starting to notice my weight loss now which im so happy about :D I cant wait to go away woo :D

Im so glad your still loving SW and that its suiting your family too! Im going to keep an eye on your thread and keep intouc with you!

Nice catching up Donna xxxxx

Back