donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
Just wanted to pop over and say hi!, hope everythings going OK xx

thinking of you. hope you were able to get to WI with a positive result

Hi Donna, just checkin in on you as you've gone a bit quiet on us! How's things with your Mum? Looks like you've been mega-busy!XXXX

Missing you Donna, hope everything is ok, and you know we're all thinking of you xxx

I will send some healing today to your mum, if she wants to receive it she will "know" and she'll allow it in. I really hope she improves. hugs x

Well done on your loss too, thats amazing given the circumstances. x

Thank you so much, i saw mum the following day and she was much better in fact, she was allowed home that afternoon! Anytime you fancy sending some healing her way, pls do, she was really touched by your kindness (so am I) and she says she needs all the help and healing she can get!

thanks again, donna xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Donna, on the diary front, is a yogurt & banana enough for breakfast?

(((hugs))))

I really struggle to eat breakfast, so the banana and yogurt is just the right measure on a work day, if i am at home tend to eat a little later and then have a bigger lunch (if that makes sense) otherwise i skip breakfast and start reaching for the biscuits...

Just a wee pop in to say hello, and hope things are going well Xx

Just a quickie - Mum came home last night, and you wont believe this, the oncologist has decided against treating the cancer at this point, he wants to wait until the secondary cancer is found or Mum gets ill. Dont really know what to say because now we will all be watching her like a hawk and every headache, cough, cold etc we are gonig to be terrified that this is the start of the end....

Update: mum's latest scans reveal no changes - which is good, I should have said they havent found the primary cancer, the secondary cancer is in the lining of her lung. Oncologists i have discovered, don't always speak direct and four people can be in the same room and come out with different opinions of what is going on, today mum asked directly "have i got cancer", oncologist replied, "i have only known one other patient with similar symptoms and he didn't have cancer" so of course mum and cliff are out celebrating! I am becoming quite wound up by it all now, my poor dad is trying to keep me grounded and i have arranged to go and see the mcmillan nurses next week

we had the shock of our lives last week, we received repossession papers, omg, i was sick instantly, after spending two days on the phone - it was an administrative error - do you think we have received an apology?

finally...i have changed my working pattern to mon,tues,weds 9-5:15, on these nights by time i sit down it is gone 9 and i am too tired to catch up with you all, i apologise but i just haven't had the energy but i have been missing you all and can't wait to read your diaries to see how well you are all doing, lots of love to you all and thanks for all your lovely supportive messages, donna x

i know that that sounds really scary, but the oncologist will have his reasons for 'doing nothing'. it sounds as though, with the recent infection etc, your mum really wouldn't be able handle the drastic affects treatment would put to her body so he wants to hold off until either her body is stronger or she gets worse. i know it's easy to say, but stay strong!

oh another i forgot...turns out mum was too weak for chemo due to the infection, he feels that because she was had these infections the chemo would take her up to 6 months to recover from

today he has ordered a biopsy of the lining of the lung and will see her once the results are in

Slimming World Satay Chicken ~ one my personal favs!

025.jpg

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/156390-chicken-satay-recipe-s-w-style.html (post 2)

Satay Chicken, Serves: 4
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green* (*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green)

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (I didn't have time to marinade and it make little difference!)

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas

3. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick) (I didn't bother just cut up chicken to bite size pieces, poured marinade over top and cooked slowly for about an 1 hour)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools. (I add generous helping chillies to give it at bit of a kick)

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauce ingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Back