Donna's Diary

parisbeach

Silver Member
Well day one started at 7.45am with a toffee and walnut shake, not bad i must say. I feel positive at this moment in time, who knows what posts will read in a few days from now.
I have alot to lose so first goal is 2 stone so i can go back to fertility clinic, and head for IVF.

Plans of action today
2pm second shake
then out at 5pm so on return
3rd shake about 9pm.
then i reckon an early night.lol

Hi parisbeach,

I'm starting today too :)

Just had my first shake (I had to drag myself up at 10am because i'm a lazy student bum type) - strawberry and it was quite yummy :D I was worried about not liking anything but now at least I know that I like that. It tasted a bit like Angel Delight - nom nom!

I have four packs a day because of my height. I'm planning on having another about 2.30, one about 6ish and then another (maybe choc mint with hot water!) before bed.

Good luck for getting through day 1! :cross:

Thank you everyone today going pretty well so far, off to hospital appointment soon so that a few hours filled and off out later so another few hours, i think if i keep busy then should be ok.

Hope you're surviving!

I'm quite pleasantly surprised at these CD packs -- I've had a strawberry shake, a chocolate shake and a potato and leek soup so far and they're all very yummy! I was so scared I wouldn't like anything. I like the soup the best so far even though my CDC was telling me last night how much she loathed and abhored the soups! But I prefer savoury to sweet foods generally. No headache or terrible hunger pangs yet. I've got a concert to go to this evening which will hopefully distract me a bit.

Best wishes!

You will lose 2 stone in no time at all on CD hon,I have just finished week 3 and have lost a stone already so won't take too long!

Well done girlies. I'm on day two and think I am nearly in ketosis - I cut down on carbs beforehand. No headaches or anything (yet), thank goodness. Probably jinxed myself now! I keep drinking loads of water to get rid of the yucky taste in my mouth! I think it helps but I was up a lot last night!

well day 1 nearly over and i only popped on quickly to say, i have had a grumbly tum on odd occasions today but i have managed 3 litres of water, (and i hate water normally).
but worst bit of today is i do have a hunger headache, but my CDC said i may get it as i suffer headaches quite often. Oh well off to bed soon and then onto day 2

coin- hope you had great time at concert, and a fab first day on CD

Well done girlies. I'm on day two and think I am nearly in ketosis - I cut down on carbs beforehand. No headaches or anything (yet), thank goodness. Probably jinxed myself now! I keep drinking loads of water to get rid of the yucky taste in my mouth! I think it helps but I was up a lot last night!

For a few weeks after I started CD I was to the loo several times a night, but it settled down after a while. Still need to get up occasionally though, but not every night and then only once...

Good Luck to the newbies - its all worth it on your first weigh-in.
In just 5 weeks I am feeling so much more positive about myself. This is a good time to start whilst the weather is still nice, I hate being at my fattest in the winter as the big coat, pashmina, scarves ets all seem to add to my own bulk.

well ketostix already looking fab, and only day 2.
this morning i had a porridge, it was edible but i dont think it will be a fave of mine.

i went to bed early for me last night 10.30pm as i had such a hunger headache, but i kept waking as my stomach was in knots.

but today i still have slight headache this morning but since having porridge my stomach settled abit, I was meant to be going to gym but i just feel to tired out.

todays plans to keep on track.
walk dog in awhile
and later out , while hubby and kids have tea.

good morning paris,
congratulatons on getting through day one hun.
i also suffer a lot from headaches.
do u drink tea or coffee and if so, have u stopped as this makes headaches much much worse whilst breaking into this diet.
Caffeine withdrawal is as bad for headaches as carb withdrawal and hunger headaches.
if u do usually drink tea or coffee i suggest u continue ( for now at least) even if only a cup in the morning and one at night.
i only drink tea but i cant drink it black so i allow myself 200 mls skimmed milk (although i only use around 100mls) for my cups of tea throughout the day which help a lot with the headaches. if u were on ss+ u would have the option to have 4 meals and 200 mls skimmed milk anyway, i just opt to not have the extra meal pack, thereby having a cross between sole sourse and ss+ :).
best of luck with day 2. im sure it'll fly by :D

good morning paris,
congratulatons on getting through day one hun.
i also suffer a lot from headaches.
do u drink tea or coffee and if so, have u stopped as this makes headaches much much worse whilst breaking into this diet.
Caffeine withdrawal is as bad for headaches as carb withdrawal and hunger headaches.
if u do usually drink tea or coffee i suggest u continue ( for now at least) even if only a cup in the morning and one at night.
i only drink tea but i cant drink it black so i allow myself 200 mls skimmed milk (although i only use around 100mls) for my cups of tea throughout the day which help a lot with the headaches. if u were on ss+ u would have the option to have 4 meals and 200 mls skimmed milk anyway, i just opt to not have the extra meal pack, thereby having a cross between sole sourse and ss+ :).
best of luck with day 2. im sure it'll fly by :D
cheryl thanks for the advice, i had been cutting down on tea last week, but my CDC did say i could have 1-2 Pepsi Max drinks so i do get caffeine from them and i found one of them last night helped a little.
I did try black tea last week a couple of times but it was a struggle to drink them

Yesterday Day 3 i was 100% and felt ok.
Day4 Today i have felt miserable, i even resorted to have a black tea which i absolutely loathe oh well i have managed to be good, but it has been an emotional rollercoaster today.:cry:
I just hope i feel better tomorrow as i could have so easily ate something today, but i feel proud of myself that i did resist.

Day 5, got up feeling better then last night, so glad i didn't buckle. Trying to think what to do today so time is filled and not thinking about food.
well firstly off to take dog for a walk, burn a few calories lol. but not sure what else as of yet.

Day 6 and i feel great, tomorrow is weigh in day, and i sure hope for a good loss.

Back