Donna's food diary

donna1981

Please comment and let me know if i'm doing this wrong

Fairly new to this site and have just seen you all keeping a record so thought i might give that a go too...

Copied the format from someone so thanks x x
Please feel free to comment & correct me if i'm going wrong.

Does this all seem right or am i way off the mark? trying to decide whether to keep at EE or go back to green & red days, any help really appreciated???
Thanks

Superfree/free on all plans
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Thursday Green
Breakfast Cornflakes (sweetner +2) & Skimmed milk
Lunch Ham sandwich on brown & Muller Light & Banana
Dinner Jacket Potato & beans & salad
Snacks Blue ribband (+5) WW crisps (+5)
Drinks Tea with skimmed milk & diet coke
Total syns= 12 syns

Friday Green
Breakfast Cornflakes (sweetner +2) & Skimmed milk
Lunch Cup a soup chicken (+5) & Ham sandwich on brown & Muller Light & Banana
Dinner Cottage pie (need to syn meat? +4)? & mixed veg & Ketchup (+2)
Snacks 2 pk oreo (+5)
Total syns= 18 syns

Saturday EE
Breakfast Bacon, Egg, Beans, Mushroom, Sausage (+2)& 1 brown toast
Lunch Home made veg soup
Dinner chicken curry with peas & onion & SW chips & boiled rice
Snacks Muller light
Drinks Tea with skimmed milk & 2 x rose wine (+12)
Total syns= 14 syns

Sunday EE
Breakfast Bacon & Egg on 2 brown toast
Lunch Home made veg soup & 1 brown bread (+2)
Dinner breaded chicken (+5), mixed veg & sw roast potatoes
Snacks 2 pink & whites (+5)
Total syns= 12 syns

Last edited:
Monday
Breakfast Muller light & banana
Lunch Mugshot, alpen light (+3)& apple
Dinner SW Chips, beans, egg (+1) bacon +2 brown bread
Snacks WW Victoria Sponge (+5)
Drinks 2 machine coffees (+4?) & tea with HEA
Total syns= 13 syns

Last edited:
Tuesday
Breakfast
Alpen light x 2 HEB & Shape zero
Lunch Mugshots, apple, banana
Dinner haddock, garden peas & new potatoes
Snacks Pink & White (+3) 2pk Oreos (+5)
Drinks Tea HEA & diet coke
Total= 8 syns

Wednesday
Breakfast
2 x weetabix HEB & Skimmed milk HEA (rest used for tea throughout day)
Lunch chicken & new potato salad, tomato, grated carrot, mixed leaf, babybel cheese light (+2?) shape zero yougart, apple
Dinner Chicken curry & boiled rice
Snacks Alpen light(+3) 2x pink & whites (+6)
Drinks Tea & diet Coke
Total 11syns

Looks good to me hun!! You look like you're incorporating plenty of superfree, using your HEXs and using your syns but staying within the limit, so I think you should be very pleased with yourself! I think EE/red/green is such a personal thing! For me I like to mainly stick with EE because I find it so practical and there's no headwork about what to have with what, but I know loads of people prefer red/green so go with what you fancy, and mix it up throughout the week if you want to! You've lost 10lb and well on your way to target so stick with it and be patient, you're doing a great job!x

Thanks so much Heather, had been doing great but last few weeks kinda come to a stand still, but have really really tried this week & have weigh in tomoz so hopefully get a bit of a boost to stay on track:)

Thursday
Breakfast Rice Krispies & Skimmed milk HEA (rest used for tea throughout day)
Lunch Mug shot & shape zero yougart, apple
Dinner Birds eye burger (+5?), wholmeal bap (+3) & salad & SW chips
Snacks 2 x pink & whites (6)
Drinks Tea & diet Coke
Total 14syns

WI -1lb

Last edited:
Friday
Breakfast
Rice Krispies & Skimmed milk HEA (rest used for tea throughout day)
Lunch Mug shot & shape zero yougart, apple
Dinner Mash, garden peas & breaded fish (7)
Snacks 2 pk oreo(5) 2 x w/m toast (6)
Drinks Tea & diet Coke
Total 18syns:eek:

Saturday
Breakfast Bacon, lettuce, tomato toastie on 2 w/m bread HEB
Lunch nothing
Dinner chicken fried rice, curry sauce & a few chips - very small portion (5?)
Snacks
Drinks Tea s/s milk HEA & diet Coke
Total 5syns
**not feeling very well, have bad cold & bad throat - didn't finish either just a few mouthfuls, not sure which worse)**

Sunday
Breakfast Rice Krispies & Skimmed milk HEA
Dinner Roast potatoes, veg & rost beef & gravy (+2)
Supper Ready break (+5) & Skimmed milk HEA
Snacks 2 x pink & white (+6)
Drinks Tea & diet Coke
Total 13syns

Done 30mins on Wii Fit & 20mins on Wii Just Dance - need to try keeping this up at least every other day :)

Last edited:
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Monday Green
Breakfast Rice Krispies HEB1 (sweetner +2) & Skimmed milk HEA1
Lunch Chicken slice (+2) sandwich on brown HEB2 & shape zero & Banana Dinner Jacket Potato & beans & cheese HEA2
Snacks Alpen light bar(+3) WW Cookies x2 (+4)
Total syns= 11 syns:)

1 mile walk to work + 30 mins on WII Fit

hi ya
Just had a look through your food diary
Cornflakes and rice crispies are NOT actually on the HEB list i'm affraid.
When you say you have had 'ham sandwich on brown' are you splitting 1 HEB here?? as you had already used HEB on cereal ( illegal cereal though...lol )

The cottage pie, made with beef? or lamb? either way you dont get much for your syns. I know HEB for beef mince on a GREEN is only 85g, and thats not much when cooked. so think the meat would be more than 4 syns. I'd make it with Quorn, or have it as EE day or RED day and weight the potato mash ( you get more mash on a red than you'd get of meat on a GREEN)

you synned a egg??? there FREE all plans. unless you cooked it in actual oil or butter. ( they worked realy well with Frylight)

Bap you synned as 3 syns, most small rolls are 6 or 7 so think 3 is maybe under estimated.

You do look like your getting lots of superfree though, which is great :)

Are you doing it on your own at home?? or going to group?

I personally think i'd be a bit hungry on what your having, I loath spending syns on stuff i could make for free..... eg your cuppa soup, i'd make home made soup and take in thermos, or if i had to have a 'add water' thing, i'd have a mugshot for free and more filling

but even having said all that you are losing, but maybe just addressing a couple of things could increase your losses :)

Hey Honey, thanks loads for your comments, as you can probably tell, i'm doing it alone, there is no SW groups on the isle of man so depending on this and advice from my sis in n ireland who doing it too.:(
I'll def take your feedback on board, the cereal & sandwich was green day so allowed 2 x HEB?
Will def stick to weetabix & branflakes if having cereal in future. EEEEEKKKK
The cottage pie was made with lean meat but had smallish portion as knew it was naughty, but that was what was making for OH & DD & couldn't resist
Synning the egg was mistake, don't know why i done that:confused: & for the bap only had half, i supposse thats the kinda things i shud be adding.
I actually find i'm eating more now than i ever had, but obviously healthier foods, so don't really ever feel hungry.

Thanks Honey, you've def gave me loads to think about, hopefully i can get these pounds shifting a bit quicker again, starting to up the exercise now so i will be thinner for xmas, put the weight on in a year, need to shift it alot quicker - but off the ciggies a year yesterday so def worth it:)

Hey Honey, thanks loads for your comments, as you can probably tell, i'm doing it alone, there is no SW groups on the isle of man so depending on this and advice from my sis in n ireland who doing it too.:(
I'll def take your feedback on board, the cereal & sandwich was green day so allowed 2 x HEB?
Will def stick to weetabix & branflakes if having cereal in future. EEEEEKKKK
The cottage pie was made with lean meat but had smallish portion as knew it was naughty, but that was what was making for OH & DD & couldn't resist
Synning the egg was mistake, don't know why i done that:confused: & for the bap only had half, i supposse thats the kinda things i shud be adding.
I actually find i'm eating more now than i ever had, but obviously healthier foods, so don't really ever feel hungry.

Thanks Honey, you've def gave me loads to think about, hopefully i can get these pounds shifting a bit quicker again, starting to up the exercise now so i will be thinner for xmas, put the weight on in a year, need to shift it alot quicker - but off the ciggies a year yesterday so def worth it:)

Your welcome :)

What about the ham for that sandwich?? did you split HEB1 for the bread and the ham?? and the HEB2 was your cereal.

This is my thread of weekly meal plans for my house http://http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world/165322-weekly-meal-ideas.html maybe give you some ideas

Getting you now, no i didn't, whoopsie:eek:
I'll def have a look at your plan and hopefully try to get some good ideas that suit my fussy household
Thanks again :)

I often have 3 versions of the same meal. I am veggie and SW, hubby is meat eater and SW ( but has a lot of green days - with a HEB of meat somedays) and best friend who lives with us, meat eater VERY fussy and desperatly trying to GAIN weight!

But i have it down to a fine art now :)

Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Tuesday Green
Breakfast Alpen Light (3) & Shape zero yougart
Lunch Tuna Salad with cheese & Banana & shape zero
Dinner Scrambled egg & beans, 2 x w/m toast
Snacks Blue ribband (+5) 2 x WW cookies (+5) Alpen Light (3)
Total syns= 16 syns

Wednesday EE
Breakfast Alpen Light (3) & Shape zero yougart
Lunch BLT Sandwich W/m & shape zero
Dinner Jacket potato & beans & salad
Snacks Blue ribband (+5) 2 x WW cookies (+5) Drinks Tea with skimmed milk & diet coke
Total syns= 13 syns

Last edited:
whats blue ribband??

Its a wee wafer type bar @ 99 calories, i'm assuming it 5 syns, hope it not any more or i've gone badly wrong?? :eek:

Hi Honey haven't been able to open your menu? Do i need special permissions or anything? Ta:)

Last edited:
Free on Original
Free on Green
Healthy Extras
Syns

Thursday
Breakfast 2 x Weetabix & skimmed milk (rest used for tea)
Lunch Tuna Salad
Dinner Salmon fillet with SW chips & garden peas
Snacks Alpen Light (3) Mars Icecream (7) but sooo worth it!!
Total syns= 10 syns :)

WI today but STS - (Totm so not too worried)

May just have to have wee drink laters :)

Last edited:
Back