Don't feel happy at all now!

MorbidBubblewrap

Is thinking positive!
Feel so down even though I lost 6lb, I think it just hit me before when getting undressed to have a bath..I caught a glimpse of me in the mirror and seen all the fat and saggy skin..:( I am scared to death of this and it is getting me really down, I was once 31 stones 3 years ago and 9 stones later I can already see the effect it has on my skin, I am big and unhappy but I will feel even worse when I lose it all and see all the excess skin :mad: I have not stopped crying for the last 2 hours, I do not know what to do! I am going to see my doctor next week to tell him how I feel, And to ask would I be eligible for a tummy tuck on the NHS when I get down to 10/11 stone, I have a history of depression and also low self esteem as I see a psychiatrist for it now and on medication also, I am worried that they will say I cannot have one when I lose the weight, If that is the case I will feel destroyed! :( Sorry for putting a downer on everybody, Just struggling with my emotions..!

Awww, Laura, it's completely understandable that you get negative feelings from time to time.
You've done incredibly well to get down from 31 stone.
Your health will be SO improved by losing the excess weight.
Definitely have a word with your Doctor,
If you show the committment to lose that amount of weight, there's a good chance he or she would be willing to help you.
Sometimes depression stops you seeing the real picture clearly, it may be that in a few days you'll feel differently.
Maybe go along and have a chat about how you feel at the moment?
I really hope you feel better soon. Big hugs, xxxx

That will be your inner critic attacking you, and tell him I said to leave you alone you are doing so well. Be kind to you, as much as you can, you really can do this and take care. Big hugs xxxx

Laura you are doing wonderfully totally inspirational...I agree with liberty about that negative inner voice we get...why don't you write it down and take it with you to the doctors so they can get an insight into how passionate you are to achevie your goals and to understand your fears xxx

hi laura, i don't be around here much now but i always look out for your posts to see what way your getting on..i don't mean this in a bad way, but i love your story.
You have so much strength and courage, more than anyone on this site
please don't feel down about certain stuff about you, i think you will get sorted on the NHS.
As for a history of depression and also low self esteem we all have that if everyone is honest, maybe more or less than you.
Really hold that head up and be proud of yourself, as the weight comes of, the more happy and confident you will be.

Its a bonus that your not sitting back and doing nothing, you making a change in your life and lifestyle..

Take care...xx

Keep going hun, skin is more elastic than you think, and is generally only saggy because of the fat attached to it weighing it down. Get to where you want to be weight wise, the skin will be no where near as bad as you are imagining, and I am prepared to bet now, you are guaranteed an NHS op to remove excess fat because of your history. Play the welfare card and every time you will get what you are looking for. Keep going hun, it really will be worth it!!

Thanks everyone, You are all fantastic ((Big Hugs)) I have had a good old cry, And feel a tiny bit better now..I think I was just so angry for letting myself get in this situation in the first place, But I am so I have to and will deal with it..Thanks again! :):)

Keep going hun, skin is more elastic than you think, and is generally only saggy because of the fat attached to it weighing it down. Get to where you want to be weight wise, the skin will be no where near as bad as you are imagining, and I am prepared to bet now, you are guaranteed an NHS op to remove excess fat because of your history. Play the welfare card and every time you will get what you are looking for. Keep going hun, it really will be worth it!!

Thanks so much for this ...Means a lot, Actually has cheered me up :) I don't know what I would do if I didn't have this board and you guys..:cry:You are all fantastic..WOW!! I am so much in a soppy mood today, Please someone just give me a good slap :D

hi laura, i don't be around here much now but i always look out for your posts to see what way your getting on..i don't mean this in a bad way, but i love your story.
You have so much strength and courage, more than anyone on this site
please don't feel down about certain stuff about you, i think you will get sorted on the NHS.
As for a history of depression and also low self esteem we all have that if everyone is honest, maybe more or less than you.
Really hold that head up and be proud of yourself, as the weight comes of, the more happy and confident you will be.

Its a bonus that your not sitting back and doing nothing, you making a change in your life and lifestyle..

Take care...xx

Awwwwwww thanks Philip, I loved you're post..You say lovely things you do...If you ever wanna talk then just email me, Thanks again sweetie XX :)

oh, Laura, I really believe we all have these emotional upheavels on this diet,...or any diet to be honest,....you have done fantastic, your health will be better, and you done this for you..i take my hat off to you hun...without a doubt, if you need to have a little surgery after you have finished, no shadow of a doubt that the nhs will help...stay positive chick..you need to, to be able to continue...chin up sweetie :), we are all rooting for you!

Hi hun, I've not been around for a while, just lurking, but had to reply to your post. You've done amazing. You are an inspiration to many people who want to be where you are now. I totally understand how you are feeling. Before I lost the weight I seemed to be at peace most of the time with my body, but now I am so critical about every inch of me. I get more depressed now...its CRAZY. My hubby keeps telling me off, but I cannot help it. I think us gals are never going to be 100% happy, but at least the health benefits you will feel will be huge.

Glad you are feeling a bit better hun. Hugs to ya.xx

Hi hun, I have great admiration for what you have achieved so far and always have my fingers crossed for you achieving your xmas target, thats cos you are lovely (and hilarious) and so we are all routing for you.

I can understand that you feel p**sed off with yourself for the situation but it isn't good to be too hard on yourself, treat yourself like you treat us!!

Take a step at a time, if the time comes that you do need to think about surgery and it isn't a definite, then we will be here to support you sorting that out just like we are all here for each other now.

I do think we all have bad days and it is really good that you have posted about it so we can share the s**t with you. Lots of hugs x

hi hun you are doing so well your weight loss is amazing i read somewhere that it takes your skin after weight loss a little while to shrink back but you will be suprised how much it will keep going girl you are doing fantastic xx jenni

If you carry on doing so well Im sure the NHS wil approve you, keep your chin up hun bun xx

i cant add anything other than echo everyone else, so just sending you love love's instead.

Xxx

Hope you're feeling better this morning. Try not to dwell on the worst case scenario - it might never happen! Instead make yourself think of all the good things about your weight loss and if you have a bit of excess skin at the end you'll deal with that too!

Take care,
Peggie xx

I lost five stone about 4 years ago which I kind of maintained (now I'm LTing to move forward as I got stuck with the Atkins) Anyway my skin was a bit floppy at first but over that time it;s tightened up nicely- and I'm 51. So I do think you will be ok. You will be more than ok, you're already very good looking and its going to ba a fantastic adventure getting your health back. Hope you are feeling ok today! So nice to have you here with us!

Thanks everyone, You lot are really amazing...I am feeling better today thank God :) And no matter what I will lose my weight and be a healthier happier person even if I have excess skin or not as I know I will be down about it very down infact..But I know that sometime in the future I can sort that if need be..So thanks everyone, ((BIG HUGS)) :):)

Hey Laura,
so very glad you're feeling better today :wavey:
I was just looking at my upper arms (they call them "Bingo Wavers" don't they?)
Well Hun, mine are SO BAD I could impersonate a flying squirrel!!
But, as we're all told, when we've shed the fat, things improve. Hope so, otherwise, on a windy day I'm gonna wear a sleeveless top and windsurf to the hospital instead of walking!!
Keep punching Hun, we're all here for you.
:grouphugg:xxxx

hey you, nice to know your having a good day..xx

Back