Don't you just hate it when....

Right now Missus. 8lbs in a week is water retention from all the salt & will HO as quickly as it came.

Even when you were overweight you were NOT fat or useless. Please don't talk about yourself in that way. You are worth more.

Take a deep breath before you go & try & sort out the family crisis & if your hubs is not getting involved, make him help you out with it all. They are his family. Or, if it is possible, don't get involved at all (difficult I know)

Above all, Give yourself a break xxx

Those are really nice words.

I'd love to be able to express what I thought just as well.

even though 8lb seems a lot its not the end of the world, we all hace problems & all deal with them in different ways, when this time is over you'll find it easier to deal with food, try not to let ot bother you & just do your best & if it helps coming on here to post your thoughts then do it.

When you've completely lost control. 8lbs on in a week and depression descending rapidly. For the first time in over a year I'm seeing my old fat useless friend in the mirror again - one I could gladly punch in the face.

Sorry guys,I know I sound pathetic. Time to crawl in my cave for a while. Oh no that's right I can't because I now have to try and deal with a family crisis. FIL smashed their kitchen up last night after being out on the ale all afternoon.

I hate being a grown up.

You are not fat or useless, just very stressed out by the sound of it! Dealing with family crisis is enough to test anyone so don't be too hard on yourself xxx

When you've completely lost control. 8lbs on in a week and depression descending rapidly. For the first time in over a year I'm seeing my old fat useless friend in the mirror again - one I could gladly punch in the face.

Sorry guys,I know I sound pathetic. Time to crawl in my cave for a while. Oh no that's right I can't because I now have to try and deal with a family crisis. FIL smashed their kitchen up last night after being out on the ale all afternoon.

I hate being a grown up.

There are some things you can't control (the in laws).

There are some things you can control (trying to get back on track with the eating, how you respect yourself)

Don't confuse the two xxxxx

Some great replies I love what Jezzi says. (would rep you Jezzi but have gotta spread the love!)
I don't get why you are responsible for your in laws mess sounds like you need to look after yourself first. Hugs hun xx

Some great replies I love what Jezzi says. (would rep you Jezzi but have gotta spread the love!)
I don't get why you are responsible for your in laws mess sounds like you need to look after yourself first. Hugs hun xx

I just feel someone has to tell him a few home truths before he kills himself. He had cancer of the larynx (known to be most common in smokers and drinkers, of which he did both heavily all his life), has had his voice box removed and has literally just finished his radiotherapy and chemo. The reoccurrence of this kind of cancer is quite high and if you drink or smoke then you're signing your death sentence.

To top it all my dad is losing his memory rapidly through no fault if his own and is getting more confused by the day. It makes me angry that FIL is throwing away a second chance my dad would love to have.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments and kind, sensible words!

I just feel someone has to tell him a few home truths before he kills himself. He had cancer of the larynx (known to be most common in smokers and drinkers, of which he did both heavily all his life), has had his voice box removed and has literally just finished his radiotherapy and chemo. The reoccurrence of this kind of cancer is quite high and if you drink or smoke then you're signing your death sentence.

To top it all my dad is losing his memory rapidly through no fault if his own and is getting more confused by the day. It makes me angry that FIL is throwing away a second chance my dad would love to have.

Anyway, thanks for all your comments and kind, sensible words!

Sad that you've got so much going on around you and frustrating that fil seems to be dealing with it how he is and on the other side your Dad hasn't got a choice with his illness.
Still I would say though and I'm sorry if it sounds really harsh x but those things are out of control and the thing you could try and control is what's happening with you x you are as important as those around you x

What is a mix 2 max day?

It's an old plan-before extra easy, where you could choose to have red or green at each meal.. There is a thread about it somewhere-it was quite straightforward, you chose at each meal, and then when you had syns you just made sure you used the higher value! Similar to EE except without the onus on the superfree

here is how Mix2Max is explained (by the book). Hope it helps

Mix2Max

STEP 1:

Choose a Green or Original Meal and stick to your choice while enjoying that meal.
Have up to three meals a day.

Step 2:

Focus on Free Food. Enjoy as much Free Food as you like, either Green or Original from the choice that you have made for that meal.

Step 3:

Choose three or four Healthy Extras each day from either the Green or Original choices to have with meals or as snacks.

Step 4:

For other snacks throughout the day, or for starters or desserts, choose Superfree Foods or count them as syns.

Step 5:

Enjoy Five to 15 Syns per day
If your main course contains any syns then count the syn values appropriate to the Green or Original Choice you are following for that meal.

Note:

On a Mix2Max day everything that you eat apart from your main courses, that is not a Super-free food or a Healthy Extra has syns and you must take the highest syn value whether it is green or original.

Last edited:
When you are having a 100% week an OH has cadburys shortcake biscuits on his coffee table Grrr I will not waste 4.5 syns on one with my brew as I have a lovely cadburys mini bubbly in fridge for tonight

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

DYJHIW - you have moaned all week about not being able to "go" and people on minis have given some great suggestions. You finally give in and have a kebab from the pizza shop (synned) knowing it will work, but just to be sure you take a laxative too ................. now you cant bloody sit down arghhhhhhhh I cant win lol

It's an old plan-before extra easy, where you could choose to have red or green at each meal.. There is a thread about it somewhere-it was quite straightforward, you chose at each meal, and then when you had syns you just made sure you used the higher value! Similar to EE except without the onus on the superfree

here is how Mix2Max is explained (by the book). Hope it helps

Mix2Max

STEP 1:

Choose a Green or Original Meal and stick to your choice while enjoying that meal.
Have up to three meals a day.

Step 2:

Focus on Free Food. Enjoy as much Free Food as you like, either Green or Original from the choice that you have made for that meal.

Step 3:

Choose three or four Healthy Extras each day from either the Green or Original choices to have with meals or as snacks.

Step 4:

For other snacks throughout the day, or for starters or desserts, choose Superfree Foods or count them as syns.

Step 5:

Enjoy Five to 15 Syns per day
If your main course contains any syns then count the syn values appropriate to the Green or Original Choice you are following for that meal.

Note:

On a Mix2Max day everything that you eat apart from your main courses, that is not a Super-free food or a Healthy Extra has syns and you must take the highest syn value whether it is green or original.

Thanks WT always wondered what the exact rules were for M2M thanks for the details x

DYJHIW - you have moaned all week about not being able to "go" and people on minis have given some great suggestions. You finally give in and have a kebab from the pizza shop (synned) knowing it will work, but just to be sure you take a laxative too ................. now you cant bloody sit down arghhhhhhhh I cant win lol

Oh no, I am laughing a little bit but not in a mean way, that speed soup I find is good too, especially if you add a bit of chilli to it as I did at lunch haha x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back