Dotty's Doing the Harcome Diet - week 3 and going well

Blimey hun you must have had some horrible stuff going on in your body to get such a bad reaction..... i can't wait for the day when you feel fantastic and i hope it's tomorrow!!! If it's not though don't worry, it will come in a few days..... x

Enjoy your coffee :p- I must admit I look forward to that the most in my day, but then I have always drunk decaf latte

There is a rotten cold/bug going round atm, it could be that you have caught something which is prolonging all your withdrawal symptoms but well done you for sticking with it :hug99:

Blimey hun you must have had some horrible stuff going on in your body to get such a bad reaction..... i can't wait for the day when you feel fantastic and i hope it's tomorrow!!! If it's not though don't worry, it will come in a few days..... x

I hope so! Every morning I wake up & think do i feel great today??? No! LOL but it will happen. It just shows how much cr*p I've been putting in my body lately:rolleyes:

Enjoy your coffee :p- I must admit I look forward to that the most in my day, but then I have always drunk decaf latte

There is a rotten cold/bug going round atm, it could be that you have caught something which is prolonging all your withdrawal symptoms but well done you for sticking with it :hug99:

Ooh thanks Helen I will, went to Sainsbury's today and bought some cream, so looking forward to it (but not in a craving way - honest :p)

I've also decided to wait a bit longer before introducing berries as I'm still craving the sweet stuff and I don't think having fruit at the moment is going to help that - so I'll have shredded wheat or porridge for breakfast, which will make a lovely change from bacon & eggs :D

Well here we go with Phase 2, glad to say I'm feeling a bit better, still tired but not as exhausted as I've been or as achey, but wouldn't say I'm 100% yet never mind full of energy - but hopefully that's on it's way.

The good news is that after 5 days on Phase 1 I've lost 6¼ lbs, so I'm very pleased with that as I was hoping for 5 lbs and of course it's not a week yet, so a good start

The only new things I've added are dairy and had porridge for breakfast, so oats, and funnily enough I really didn't enjoy it, just tasted bland & I felt quite sick eating it and got through about half and gave the rest to hubby, which is odd as I've always liked porridge. It might have been the milk of course, but I don't think it was as even when I was cooking the porridge I didn't really fancy it. I read in the THD book that it's not a good idea to introduce wheat straight away if you have candida, and I think with all the bad symptoms I've had this week I do, plus I'm craving sugar so i think that's candida too rather than intolerance. So no shredded wheat this morning, which was what I really fancied and had porridge instead - not sure what I'll do tomorrow, may just have NLY.

I found some of the D&A sausages in Sainsbury's yesterday so bought those and had one after my lunch of red pepper soup and ooh it was lovely, I'm not a sausage fan as such, don't mind them but this was really nice - will be buying those again.

I had my first test today, I went to a funeral this morning and afterwards we went to the pub and I just had a mineral water - i didn't think I could cope with a wine midday after almost a week of abstinence, and then my friend I was with spotted the sign for Bailey's Latte's and said ooh lets have those, and I refrained as much as I would have liked one, but I've fought a caffeine headache all week and don't want another one just yet. There were so many people there that none of us felt like battling our way to the buffet, so I didn't have to worry over that either and came home around 3, not particularly hungry, just peckish and had some soup.

I had my first coffee though this morning, decaff with cream & I really enjoyed that, I didn't mind not having caffeine, but it was just nice to have that coffee taste back again.

So onwards and downwards, just hope the weight loss continues now as i think I can stick to this diet (she says optimistically :p)

It's very quiet on here today - so hope everyone is ok and being good :p

Thanks Jane, our Sainsbury's only had the plain ones, I'll have to look out for the apple, they sound lovely :D

Day 2 and starting to feel a whole heap better, feel a lot brighter in myself, still getting tired but nowhere near as exhausted as I was, so I definitely think I'm on my way now.

I can't believe how little appetite I have, it's incredible. I didn't get in yesterday until 3pm and was ready for lunch but wasn't starving and it's now 2pm and only just having lunch and again wasn't starving beforehand just ready

I've also noticed quite an improvement to my skin, I've slightly oily skin (which keeps me youthful :p but is prone to breakouts) but it's been really good over the last few days and I haven't had heartburn for days, which is wonderful as I get it so often :)

so all in all, feeling very positive and very motivated :D

:wavey:
Sounds like things are looking up:D

Good morning, not a lot to report other than all is well here in Dotty land. Feeling good, think I've finally shaken off the last of the candida die off (hoorah) and just happy to keep on with the diet. Not had a weight loss since end of Phase 1, but i've got to remember it's not like CD and I'm not going to see the scales going down every day, as long as I feel good, am not hungry and eating well then i can't complain and the weight comes off slowly but surely that's fine. :D

Hope everyone's ok xx

:wavey: Hope things continue to go well

Hello all

Not been around much over the last week, but all is good on the old diet, sticking with it and feeling fine :p

I still have a bit of a sweet craving every now & again which I think is down to eating berries with my breakfast but it's not a full-on craving and I'm coping with it and really enjoying my breakfasts at the moment - apart from that though loving the diet, forget I'm on a diet most of the time and really enjoy feeling healthy.

I had quite a problem last week with constipation so I didn't record much of a weightloss but after two weeks I'm half a stone down, so very pleased with that and hopefully will have a slightly better loss this week now that things are erm moving again :eek::p

Well done Jan, half a stone is a great result!! I have completed three weeks and saw a 2lb gain this morning and i'm gutted as i've stuck to it rigidly. Don't know why i expected any kind of non vlcd to work on me though *sighs*. In three weeks i've lost 4lbs which is a disgrace.

Dotty, sorry to crash your thread!! Hi Karen, I have been reading the Harcombe website and I came across a thread with someone who was going up and down in weight and not really losing anything in phase 2. After much experimentation she found that it was tomatoes! Once she eliminated them from her diet, she went on to lose weight.

Crash away - I don't mind :p

You're right though, it's worth bearing in mind Karen, if you're intolerant to anything, eating it could give you a water gain and prevent you from losing. Is there anything you're eating a lot of and really enjoy? Could you cut it from your diet?

This diet can take quite a bit of tweaking but I truly believe if you get it right it will work wonders.

Also and not wanting to sound like a party pooper - watch things like dark chocolate and wine - as although they're allowed in Ph. 2 they are only meant to be an occasional treat, not a regular occurance.

Stick with it, I'm sure you'll see the results :)

Well done for making it thru stage 1 and such a great loss

Those D&A sausages are lovely arent they-try the pork and apple-they are to die for !!

Hi, I'm new to The Harcombe Diet... what are D&A Sausages?

Hope all is well.

Luckymarge x

Back