Dotty's Doing the Harcome Diet - week 3 and going well

Discussion in 'Harcombe Diet' started by MadamDotty, 8 November 2010 Social URL.

1. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Well here go - Day 1 of Phase 1 is well & truly underway with eggs and bacon for breakfast & on my second cup of tea already (first one a fruit tea & a big mug of Rooibos for my 2nd). I'm working today, so have to take lunch with me which is a bit of a pain, but I've got half a mug of soup (see Raring to go thread for details!!!) and I'm going to take a prawn salad, with tomatoes & olives, I think I'll also take some NLY in case I get hungry as I won't be having my mid morning biccies, pre-lunch crisps or post lunch chocolate (don't know how I've put my weight back on again do you? :p )

Think I'll take some Nurofen to work as well just in case as I know the caffeine & sugar withdrawal will hit at some point today, although hopefully not till later & not too bad as I'm out rehearsing this evening!

Right let's go make some salad & get everything ready for work - I'm very excited and have such high hopes for this diet, so I hope neither me or it let me down!

Jan x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

I felt exactly like you last monday, apprehensive and wondering if it would work.... so far so good for me though so i hope you get the same feeling this time next week x

4. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks hun, me too :D

5. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Well I’ve surprised myself by how lovely my red pepper soup was! Had a bit of a mare making it, but it turned out just fine and I thought it was a really small portion as I poured it straight into tall Tupperware containers yesterday, but when I transferred it into a bowl I was pleasantly surprised. I had my lunch early – 11.30 as I was starting to feel peckish and I thought it was only a small portion of soup so that was going to be my starter but I’m pleasantly full now & will save my salad for later on.
    The soup was lovely although would be improved if I didn’t have bits of burnt red onion in it – won’t cook them for so long next time!!
    The recipe’s in the recipe book, so if anyone hasn’t got it and wants to know – just shout and I’ll share.
    Actually it may be a good idea to set up a recipe thread if we have a particularly good one to share to make it easy to find. May do that later :D

6. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    Best of luck for Phase 1

7. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks, so far, so good. Not been too hungry, starting to feel peckish now but it is 5 o'clock & just starting to get a headache so will take something to try & nip it in the bud.

Change of plan for tonight's dinner though, was going to make the BNS curry, but just realised I forgot to get creamed coconut, I can't face going out again now, so we'll have that tomorrow & have chicken stir-fry & rice as poor hubby is struggling and hungry & that should fill him up :)

It's quite nice to think I've nearly done Day 1 and there are only 4 more days on Phase 1, it is nice & short only being 5 days and not a week :D

8. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Ow my head is absolutely banging, started about 6 o'clock yesterday evening and hasn't let up, despite nurofen. it's what I expected though as I always get a headache on any diet as I'm always cutting down my sugar and this time I've got caffeine too so I knew it was going to be bad, but it's making me feel quite sick now :sigh:

Thing is I'm quite a headachey person anyway and recently have been getting a lot of headaches which I think were down to my poor diet, so I'm hoping that once I get the next couple of days out of the way and this headache eases, I can say goodbye to having so many frequent headaches on my new healthy eating regime!

Note to self - DO make this the last diet ever, make the changes for good so you don't have to go this again!!! :p

9. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Well done for sticking at it hun, you must have some serious cravings/intolerances to be suffering that much so just keep focussed and this diet should make you feel on top of the world by the weekend! xx

10. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks Karen, I hope so :)

11. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Day 3 and I'm feeling really rough, I guess it's the candida dying off (I blooming hope so) and i still have an horrendous headache. I slept for 2 hours during the day yesterday, went to be at 8.30 and slept right through till my alarm at 7 this morning.

I'm feeling achey and tired (still) today, but the worst thing is the headache and I really want something sweet.

However, I'm sticking with it, as I don't want to go all this again and the very good news is that I'm already 4lb done, which I'm really pleased with.

I just hope this headache and feeling so yuk passes soon :)

12. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

It will pass honey..... i felt rough the whole of phase one! x

13. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    aww thanks - I'll be glad when it does but as I'm more than halfway through phase 1 now it's nice to know that P2 is just around the corner :)

14. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Gawd I feel awful this morning - the headache is actually clearing - hooray, however I do believe a herd of elephants trampled over me in my sleep last night as I'm aching all over & am sniffly like I'm getting a cold!

I'd like to fast-forward a week now & wake up with a bounce and feeling good - really had to drag my butt out of bed this morning :(

It will get better and I'm hanging on in there, not really craving anything I have to say, although would like something sweet and I'm not hungry which is good and I'm enjoying the food - just fed up with feeling so cr*p :rolleyes:

15. jacsprat

jacsprat Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.43%)
    Diet:
    low carb
    I felt exactly the same as you during Phase 1. I had to have a nap during the day and was in bed before the children. It wasn't until day 7/8 so Sun/Mon that I started to feel normal. Today is day 11 for me and I really do feel fantastic. I have loads of energy and have been so busy over the past couple of days.

Stick with it.

16. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks that's good to know, fed up with feeling like this but I know it'll pass :)

17. HelenG

HelenG Member

Start Weight:
    22st3lb
    Current Weight:
    21st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Dashed good question Jeeves!
    :wavey: Hi MD
    Here's hoping that tomorrow you'll feel much better - well done for sticking with it:D

18. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks Helen xx

19. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Day 5 (at last) and still all is not well in the Dotty household or should I say the Dotty body as still feeling quite rough, so achey all over :sigh:

Fed up with it now but there's no turning back as if I give in now I either give up completely and I don't want to do that as this diet makes sense to me, or I have a mad moment and prolong the agony so to speak. I know I'll feel better sooner or later so I've just got to plod on - feeling very sorry for myself LOL.

So day 5 has dawned and I've just had my bacon & eggs for breakfast and I'm pleased to see the back of them, they're ok for breakfast now & again but not every day and I'm sooooo looking forward to having something different tomorrow, probably berries & NLY oh yum! Hubby however is loving his bacon & eggs and will carry on I'm sure. Other than that I don't think I'll be introducing too many other things, I'm not bothered about bread, may have some cheese but it's the sweet things I'm craving, so again, I know this is doing me good and the Candida is making me feel so ill & craving sugar sooooo much - I could kill someone for a biscuit/chocolate right now!

I'm also looking forward to having a cup of coffee tomorrow - decaff of course but with cream as I've had no coffee this week, just can't face black coffee. i thought earlier in the week I was craving coffee, but realised in fact I was craving cappuccinos, which when I make them at home using my Dolce Gusto machine, they're slightly sweetened and I think I was missing the sweetness more than the actual coffee taste. So it'll be nice to have a cup of coffee for a change but I don't think I'm actually craving coffee.

Have a good day all :)

20. IreneH

IreneH Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    You are doing very well. Congratulations.

Irene xx

21. MadamDotty

MadamDotty Back again!

Diet:
    The Harcombe Diet
    Thanks Irene xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.