Double down day

Thank you Lumpyandbumpy.

I hope I can start controlling myself! Out of interest, you may not be able to answer this but do you think you would lose at the same rate if you kept at 12-1400 calories a day versus one down and one up day to average that same amount?

Yes you would, that known as cal counting, Juddd is an ADF diet with its own benefits to health and its own shape changing abilities. You can of course cal count every day but Juddd gives you flexibility and longevity in a diet as its much easier than controlloing your cals every day, what sort of cals did you consume when you pigged ot , I generally eat 3000 on my weekend UPs and 2000 on my weekday UP s x

Thank you Lumpyandbumpy.

I hope I can start controlling myself! Out of interest, you may not be able to answer this but do you think you would lose at the same rate if you kept at 12-1400 calories a day versus one down and one up day to average that same amount?

yes basically what jo just said, i would lose at the same rate as calorie counting does work but i do find that the up/down helps me control myself more so that i can have treats every other day rather than using up a set amount of cals on treats every day. plus i do believe that the fast/fuel does get rid of fat quicker, my stomach has really changed shape since judding and i have calorie counted before but didnt see such a big difference in my shape change.

i think essentially this is the way most 'naturally' skinny/slim people eat, they may overindulge one day but cut back the next, its all common sense really and the health benefits of fasting are widely publicised these days. when i pigged out on my ups i think consumed around 5000 cals in one day so obviously thats not going to result in a loss unless of course you cut cals right back over the next 4 days rather than up/down but then again pig out days like that are one-offs really! x

Pig out days like this are quite rare for normal people but not for me! I have been following Dukan for over 18 months (couldn't lose much more other than a few pounds after the first six months) and deprived myself of carbs the whole time except over Christmas. I think this may be the reason I have been going mad. Mind you I have always had a problem with binging. I'm not sure of the calories but I would guess there have been a few UD's well over 5000!

If I was on a calorie controlled diet versus JUDDD I most probably would be slipping up as well after doing Dukan for so long. I am going to stick with JUDDD and just try to gain some control. I will let you know tomorrow with my UD after two DD's! Thank you both for your comments.

One thing I noticed last week was that I ate far more kcals than I had ever thought I did. JUDDD has given me a far better perspective on those uncontrolled UDs.

I think that now I have seen just how many kcals I really do eat when left to my own devices I am more likely to be able to curb them and make my UDs far more sensible.

Yay for JUDDD! And me of course :)

One thing I noticed last week was that I ate far more kcals than I had ever thought I did. JUDDD has given me a far better perspective on those uncontrolled UDs.

I think that now I have seen just how many kcals I really do eat when left to my own devices I am more likely to be able to curb them and make my UDs far more sensible.

Yay for JUDDD! And me of course :)

Totally agree, as a rule we should all be eating healthy foods etc, which to be honest I have always tried to do , keeping treats for the weekend (pre Juddd I am talking about here) but since juddding I have realised that my healthy breakfast of Special K , 2 slices of wholemeal is nearly 500 cals muesli don't get me started. No wonder I was gaining weight as my typical day would be for me what a typical UP day is 2000-2500 with goodness knows how much on a weekend. The difference now is that I have DD s to redress the balance and now I am more aware of the cals in things, I 'spend' my cals much more wisely even on a weekend.

It's taken me just over two weeks for my weight to get back to where I started. I put on 2.6 lbs which is not a lot in the grand scheme of things but it did put me back over 12 stones which I the max weight I have now allowed myself to be! Did think I was going to have to give in and give up. Thanks to all the support here I've kept going and hopefully more weight will come of in the coming weeks. After my double dd I had sts which was a bit disappointing but was happy this morning to see 0.8lbs off this morning after an UP day a first for me. Happy days.

Just completed my 2nd DD in a row this week, no harder than the 1st one in fact slightly easier somehow, looking forward to my UP tomorrow and then another set of 2 DD s before my weigh in on Sat, will post my weights here as well as on my diary. I am only doing this for this week, back to my usual M,W,F regime next week regardless of the results. If however I am pleased with the impact they have on my weight I may consider doing this regime 1 week in 4 ?
Anyway I will start on Fri as that was my official weigh in

Fri 11 13 (after a double DD) loss of 2lbs since last official weigh in
Sat ----
Sun -----
Mon 12 2 gain of 3lbs after 3 UPs , no problem with that :D
Tues 12 loss of 2lbs after 1st DD
Weds

I might try a double day tues and wed next week....

Weigh in this mornig showed another 2lb off :D so that puts me officially down 1lb on last week already , UP day today and it will be around the 2000 mark at least as I want to lose fat so need to eat, I also need refuelling after my 2 DD s and I have another 2 after this UP day. Will gain something after today as I always gain after an UP but that will be gone after the 1st DD then hopefully the 2nd DD will give a bit more than 1lb loss this week. Buyt its an experiment so what will be will be.
Daily weights
Fri 11 13
Sat ----
Sun ----
Mon 12 2 gain of 3 after 3 UPs
Tues 12 loss of 2 after DD
Weds 11 12 loss of 2 after DD overall loss of 1lb so far

I might try a double day tues and wed next week....
Well so far they are working for me and I don't find the 2nd one difficult at all, its like you are in the swing of it , if you can get through it then def worth a go x

Aww thanks Scarlett

I have got curry and a jacket for supper but do you know what I could just as well do without it, am feeling full and really don't fancy it much, I will eat it to bring my cals up to 2000 and I need to eat but isn't it strange after 2 DD syou would think I would want to eat everything in sight but that just isn't the case ?? Got my supplies all ready for the next 2 DD sand am really looking forward to finding out if a second set will work as well as the 1st ?

I have got curry and a jacket for supper but do you know what I could just as well do without it, am feeling full and really don't fancy it much, I will eat it to bring my cals up to 2000 and I need to eat but isn't it strange after 2 DD syou would think I would want to eat everything in sight but that just isn't the case ?? Got my supplies all ready for the next 2 DD sand am really looking forward to finding out if a second set will work as well as the 1st ?

Very impressed with the double down days, this week will be my first week of three DDs and I really feel like I could take it that step further if and when the weight loss stops. I think that the UP days really naturally balance things out and my eating and amount of food is getting more balanced every day, give us time and we'll be struggling to meet that 2000 calorie limit!!!

I'm fully back in the swing of things at work, so not able to spend much time on the forum at the mo, but I did a double DD a couple of weeks ago before I went away for my birthday weekend. I did find it hard but had a good loss that week. Interestingly, I decided last week to try and do the odd week with 4 DDs and was very interested to come on the form and notice a few were doing similar! So, I'm too doing two DDDs this week - fingers crossed for a result on Sat WI day.

Hi misshap, I think because Dr Johnson says not to do them due to starvation mode but the TV program said it was fine us old Juddders are coming round to the idea, I think they are great after a stall and to be honest I have not found them difficult at all, I will be weighing in on Sat too so fingers crossed for both of us xx

Yeah, when I embarked on my DDD a couple of weeks ago I had areal good furtle around t'web and couldn't find anything which said not to - only that it could be hard from a psychological POV. The first one I did, I did find hard but this week, I got through OK. Just one more slot of fasting to go this week!

More and more, I see what people are doing is playing with methods of fasting and seeing what fasting regime works best for them. That could be ADF or fasting a section of a day or for a few days every few weeks. It's totally individual and workable round different lifestyles. It's ace.

Def, the more people that join the forum the more we see different methods working and as its a very individual 'diet' sometimes what works for one doesn't work for another its all very much tailoring it to suit your needs and I agree its Ace xx

Back