Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Hi Ali,
I'm feeling much better now thanks :) I didn't make it through the whole day at work on Thursday - I ended up coming come at about 1:30pm and went to bed for the rest of the afternoon! I'm still a little bit sniffly now, but loads better than I was...
Think it knocked me off my feet as I was feeling a bit run down to begin with...everything was getting on top of me at home, but I had no energy to tackle any of it. Now, I'm slowly starting to deal with the backlog...getting a bit of washing done, changing the bedsheets, dusting, present wrapping...you know how it is! There's still a lot to do, but at least I'm starting to function again!

It was my colleague's 30th birthday the other day, so I'm off to her party tonight. I'm kind of looking forward to getting dressed up to go out, as it's been a while, but I'm really not looking forward to staying sober! I did consider coming off Exante for the evening, but it's a half hour journey away, so I'd have to get a taxi, which would work out expensive.
I think my other friends are also out locally tonight, so I might pop in and see them on my way back home. I doubt I'll stay long at either place though, as I find being out sober really....errr....sobering!

The Man is off to see his brother tonight to watch Man United (on TV). The last time his brother saw him he was 5 stone heavier, so I think he's in for a surprise! He did volunteer to cook a curry and get a few beers in, without realising how strict the diet is, but to his credit, The Man just said that he would pass on the curry and just have a couple of cups of tea instead :)

Have a great Saturday everyone
x

Hi, hope you have a great evening and glad to hear you're feeling better. Gosh, the both of you have soo much will power....can I have some??

Have fun x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Another middle-of-the-road weigh in for us both today - 2lbs each. I'm happy enough, but things are definitely slowing down for us both.
I'd like to lose another 3.5lbs before we break for Christmas, to make 4 stone exactly, but it looks like it's going to be tight :eek:

I met up with my friends last night for the first time in ages...it was really nice actually, as they all made a big fuss of me when I walked into the pub and gave me loads of compliments on how I looked.
It's times like those that I need to remember when my willpower lets me down....like it is at the moment! I think it's because we've only got a couple of weeks left now...and it's been so long since we ate 'proper' food or had treats...but it really is getting tough to stay on track (all the Christmas food adverts don't help either!).
We put the Christmas tree up today, and finished it off by hanging some Cadbury's tree decorations that I'd bought. Needless to say, we ended up sharing one! :eek: I only had a bite, but it tasted soooo good after all this time!

Nothing much else to report really - next Saturday is my works do, so I'll be weighing a day early, and then we've only got another 5-6 days until the end (until the new year of course). The Man discovered last night that he's been invited to a big party on Friday the 16th, and he'd like to drink, so it looks like our last day will be Thursday 15th! Really can't believe it....I'm just a bit scared about what happens when I'm off the reins. I have an amazing ability to gain weight *very* quickly, so it doesn't bode well when you take the normal re-carb gain into account!
x

ALEX!! Just sat and read through all of this after your last facebook comment. You're amazing! I also can't believe you and The Man are still going strong, remember I was there at the beginning and will be expecting an invite should anything arise that necessitates invitations.... Keep up this fabulous work, I am back on the wagon with a bridesmaid dress to fit in to for May, very tough past six months or so for me, trying to struggle out the other end. Have a fabulous night out, you so deserve it, WELL DONE!!

KB xx

ALEX!! Just sat and read through all of this after your last facebook comment. You're amazing! I also can't believe you and The Man are still going strong, remember I was there at the beginning and will be expecting an invite should anything arise that necessitates invitations.... Keep up this fabulous work, I am back on the wagon with a bridesmaid dress to fit in to for May, very tough past six months or so for me, trying to struggle out the other end. Have a fabulous night out, you so deserve it, WELL DONE!!

KB xx

Aww thank you KB...and thanks for popping in on my diary. It's great to see you back :D
Yeah, it was last October when I met The Man (and it was you who coined the nickname if I remember righty!?). Can you believe how quickly time flies!? I couldn't have done this Exante journey without him to be honest....although I think you might have to hold back on buying your hat just yet ;)
I'm also going to be a bridesmaid next year...although mine isn't until August, so it sounds like we've both got a good reason to get this job done!
I'll pop in on your diary to catch up very soon!
x

Awww babe "the man" sounds like a trooper as always chick u both are amazing on this plan a real inspiration to a failure like me lol

Keep it going beautiful x x

Tut tut Precious! there's NO WAY you are a failure! I might be doing alright with Exante but I've been dieting for the last 10 years :eek: And I dread to think how many times I've fallen off the wagon and re-started in the past. I really am a believer that you are never a failure as long as you keep on trying...and I think we can both class ourselves as triers :D
x

Well it's been a really manic week this week - I've caught up with friends, been shopping, travelled up to Warrington for a meeting (with a sneaky trip to IKEA as a little perk!), had my hair cut/coloured, and had false eyelashes put on too!
It's my works do tomorrow night so I'm kicking myself out of ketosis for the first time since starting Exante :eek: I went to Morrisons earlier and just wandered up and down the aisles as there seemed to be waaay to many things to choose from!
Eventually I've settled on porridge for breakfast, and a chicken, mozzarella and pesto panini for lunch. Hopefully that should be enough to banish ketosis, but if not, I'm sure the evening meal will see to that.
It feels really really weird being 'allowed' to eat proper food! I just hope I can get back on the wagon on Monday, and that I don't end up flat on my back at the works do because I can't take my drink!
x

I love porridge and I soooo miss fruit! What I noticed today was I didn't clear my plate, I stopped when I felt full :eek: I have had quite a few gins and I'm not on my back lol.
Enjoy your night out and we'll do our very best to get back in the K by Monday :p

Never mind xmas I want to be in the 12's by NYE!!

Well I weighed in today (a day early) and I was absolutely gobsmacked to see that I'd lost 4lbs!! Which takes me to 13st 2, and also means that I've lost over 4 stone now :woohoo:
I honestly can't tell you how happy I am....and the fact that it's happened on the day of my Christmas party is even better! :D
I seriously thought that I would have lost a pound or two, and that I'd be really struggling to get to 4 stone before Christmas and now I've gone and done it!!! :happy036:

Now bring on the party! :D

Thanks everyone :D
The party was good thanks - not amazing, as it was maybe lacking a bit of atmospehere compared to other years, but the most important thing (for me) was that I felt good in my dress, and had lots of lovely compliments from my colleagues.
I had my porridge and pannini on Saturday as planned, but I must admit, it didn't feel like the big event I thought it would after 14 weeks TS! And the meal in the evening was good, but again, it didn't feel like the taste sensation I thought it would!
I wasn't planning to weigh myself the following morning, but curiosity eventually got the better of me, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I'd only gained 1.5lbs. I thought it would be far more than that, given the volume of food and the fact that I must have been out of ketosis, but I'm not complaining! I just hope I can get at least 1lb of it off before my official Christmas break (which starts after my weigh in on Friday morning) just to get me back to having lost 4 stone.

Getting back to TS was easier than I thought yesterday as well. I don't think I was any hungrier than I usually am, and if anything, I was more determined than ever to stick at it this week so I stand a chance of losing that 1/1.5lbs.

Obviously, I'm looking forward to some 'real' food over Christmas but to be honest, I'm a bit scared of it too. I know how I've felt in the past when I've lost control and seen the scales creeping up, and I really don't want the same thing to happen again.
My aim is to eat 'mindfully' and have a bit of what I fancy, but I'm not actually sure if I'm capable of it! We shall see I suppose!

Hope everyone else is well
x

It was my final pre Christmas weigh-in today, and I was pleased to see a loss of 1lb :) Which means that over the last 5/6 days I've lost the 1.5lbs I gained at the Christmas do, along with another 1lb to go with it!
That takes my pre-christmas weight loss to 4 stone 1.5lbs which I am absolutely chuffed to bits with :D

I'll try posting a couple of 'before' and 'after' pics in a minute in case anyone fancies a look? We've been taking them each month as we've been going along, but I'll only post mine for now as The Man isn't here to give me his permission to post his as well! (it's a shame, as his are the most impressive ones!)
I'm officially now back on proper food until the new year, but I'm not going to post much about the food I'm eating as I don't want to be cruel to those doing TS! I'll still be here on minis though - I think I need to keep checking in so I remember that I'm not done yet, and that whatever I gain I will need to re-lose in the New Year!
x

:wow: what a mahoosive difference :eek:

Back