Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Aw thank you...but I'm still in the honeymoon phase don't forget. I think you get like this when you see results on any diet...I know I won't feel this invincible forever though :eek:
Just noticed Precious that we have exactly the same amount of weight to lose! Although my goal weight is only a couple of pounds lighter than your current weight lol!
x

Had a bit of a dodgy week weight-loss wise this week :( We weighed a day early, since I wasn't going to be seeing The Man on Sunday, and I only lost a measly 0.5lbs :( (I weighed again the next day as I'd got the scales with me, and it was still the same).
The man lost 2lbs, which is better, but obviously he's used to losing 4-5lbs per week.

We could put it down to the meal we had on Tuesday, which I reckon worked out at roughly 600 calories (low carb).... or to the fact that we've got slightly more relaxed lately, and started to add bits of chicken/ham into our diet, along with a couple of cups of tea each day with skimmed milk....Or it could just be one of those temporary 'blips' that you just can't account for.

I'm going to try going back to basics for a while. No more chicken nibbles, milk in tea, or anything like that until Sunday, because I could really do with a good loss this week.

Normally a little blip week wouldn't bother me, but we start AAM week this weekend and I'm really worried about gaining! :eek: I wouldn't mind staying the same but I really don't want to set myself back too far.
I know it's probably irrational, but I'm thinking that if one steak and salad can cause a stall, what damage can a whole week of food do?! I know it's the best thing to do for heath reasons though, so I don't want to cancel it!
Arrrggghhhhhh!

Hi Alex hope you're ok hun! I have given in everyday since my non WS meal on Thursday :( but drawn a line under last week and scales were still down 1lb this morning but official WI tomorrow. You know that it could be the usual, water retention etc. I'm sure you have a great loss next week x chin up x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hey beautiful I'd be gutted too being honest but do u know way babes it's still a fab result the scales going in the right direction huh? Uve done so well and so gas "the man" lol he sounds so mysterious ha ha. Seriously though chin up chick the amount u have lost in that space of time is amazing if I stop faffing around I would be at goal lol

Hugs x x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Alex hope you're ok hun! I have given in everyday since my non WS meal on Thursday :( but drawn a line under last week and scales were still down 1lb this morning but official WI tomorrow. You know that it could be the usual, water retention etc. I'm sure you have a great loss next week x chin up x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Hiya :) Yeah, I'm okay thanks - got my head around my dissapointing result last week now - just hoping for a good one this week! Really don't know what I'll do if it's another half pound!
A pound is a great loss if you've been a bit off plan :) Glad you've managed to draw a line under it - and at least you don't have any 'cheat weight' to lose!

Hey beautiful I'd be gutted too being honest but do u know way babes it's still a fab result the scales going in the right direction huh? Uve done so well and so gas "the man" lol he sounds so mysterious ha ha. Seriously though chin up chick the amount u have lost in that space of time is amazing if I stop faffing around I would be at goal lol

Hugs x x

Haha yeah me too - in fact, if I'd never faffed around I would've been at goal about 9 years ago after my first big stint at Slimming World! Can't believe I've been doing this so long!

Lol, I suppose "The Man" does sound a little mysterious! He does read this diary thread though, and we talk about things we've read on the forum quite often. In fact, it's usually The Man who reminds me to post our results and update tickers on a Sunday!
The nickname came about on my previous Xenical diary thread - one of my friends and regular posters on there started calling him 'The Man' when we were first dating, and it just kinda stuck :)

Onto other news....
I'm finding that really bunged up all the time at the moment :( finally gave in this week and bought some psyllium husks to try. My first attempt was less than sucessful (made my meal really thick and gloopy) but I'm hoping I'll get the balance right between regular bowels and edible meals sometime soon! In the meantime, it's another date with the Senokot tonight :p

Still managing to go cold turkey on the milk (in tea) and the nibbling on chicken this week....let's hope it pays off on Sunday! :rolleyes:
x

Hi Alex, hope you and The Man have a great WI tomorrow. I've been nibbling for a few weeks and need to get back on track 100% now. I want another stone off in the next 6 weeks so I must be good.
The shakes only pack does suit me better as I know I can stick to it, I won't be dreading the soups and putting off having them until I'm starving then nibbling! At least I know now what causes my cheats I'll hopefully do better.
Have a good day and catch up with you tomorrow xx

Thanks Ali - It looks like we both have our works do on the same weekend (mine is the 10th). I really want to be at least a stone lighter by then - and I won't be buying my outfit until the very last minute.
I'm sick of wearing trousers and tops to these kind of events, so I'm determined to find a really nice dress to wear this time!

Just tried the psyllium husks for the second time :9529:. After talking to my friend who also takes them, I decided to give up on adding them to food, and had them in a glass of water instead.
OMG it was like drinking wallpaper paste...I was literally heaving all the way through :yuk: Don't know how I'm going to manage them on a regular basis!

Just working on my AAM week menu at the moment before The Man arrives. I'm getting all geeky checking the nutritional content of things on the Tesco website so we're not wandering aimlessly when we go shopping tomorrow.

Fingers crossed for the weigh in tomorrow!
x

Hey Alex hope u and the man are going strong ;-) good luck for aam week u will do fabulous beautiful x x

Well it's weigh in day....and I'm really chuffed to report that after last week's mini stall we've both lost an encouraging 5.5lbs! :D

But better than that, the BIG news is that in just eight weeks (seven weeks ahead of plan), The Man has hit his initial Christmas goal of 4 stone!! :woohoo: AND he's smashed the 20 stone barrier :party0049:

He wouldn't brag so blatantly about it, but I'm so so proud of him - he's never dieted before but he's totally thrown himself into this, and he deserves the rewards so much.
Now the plan is to just for him to lose as much as possible before Christmas (maybe 1 - 1.5 stone) and then enjoy two guilt-free weeks off before starting Exante for the next stint in the new year.

This week is our AAM week, so we're not quite sure what'll happen on the scales (I won't ramble on about food, but we had a lovely mini mixed grill tonight).
Hopefully it'll be a STS at the worst, but we'll just cope with whatever happens, knowing that it'll probably help boost out metabolisms for the next stint before Chrimbo!

Have a good week everyone x

Fantastic well done to you both :)

How's it going with AAM Alex?

Thanks for those links Ali - and sorry I haven't replied sooner.
Last week was pretty manic actually! We spent some of the week at my house, some at The Man's, and then back to mine for the weekend.
I went into Birmingham on Thursday to try to do some Christmas shopping, but came back with absolutely no presents! I was also looking for some clothes to tide me over while I'm still losing weight, but nothing seemed to fit or look right. God knows what size I really am at the moment - my size 20 jeans are hanging off me, but 18s seem to either not fit at all, or give me a massive muffin top!

AAM week went really well actually - the meals we had were probably slightly more than 400 calories, but we were really careful with the carbs, and really enjoyed all the meals!
This was the week's menu:
Sunday: Mixed grill (lamb cutlet, half a small steak, weight watchers sausage, egg, fried onions, grilled tomato)
Monday: Salmon for me, with roasted peppers, courgette and grilled mushrooms. Chicken kiev for The Man with salad.
Tuesday: Cooked breakfast (bacon medallions, weight watchers sausage, egg, mushrooms, grilled tomato)
Wednesday: Spaghetti bolognese (made with low-carb pasta and low-carb tomato sauce)
Thursday: Stir Fry, with chicken, peppers, onion, and shiratake noodles
Friday: Pizza (made with low-carb flatbread, low-carb pasta sauce, mozarella, ham and garlic)
Saturday: Cold meat buffet with salad at The Man's parents' house

And that's it!

We were both anticipating a STS after a week of AAM, but we weighed in yesterday to find that I'd lost a pound and The Man lost 3.5lbs!
We were really pleased with those results! :) I know a pound isn't much, but I was fine with that because I'm really bunged up at the moment :eek: Hopefully next week will be a good one, because I've got the chance to get into the 13s! (I'm 14st 2lbs at the moment).

Well I suppose I'd better go and get some work done!
Have a good week everyone!
x

Hi Alex, well done to you both on your AAM, I'm drooling reading the menu :)

Thank you for pointing out your man's weight loss. Kudos to you both.

I have taken a preemptive strike against the bunged up feeling by taking Psyllium Husks daily. I got a 1Kg bag for less than £20, which will last months at a tablespoon a day. Its good for lowering Cholesterol also, so its all good. PM me if you would like details of the U.K supplier.

Continued success to you both,

Conor

I have taken a preemptive strike against the bunged up feeling by taking Psyllium Husks daily. I got a 1Kg bag for less than £20, which will last months at a tablespoon a day. Its good for lowering Cholesterol also, so its all good. PM me if you would like details of the U.K supplier.

Conor

Thanks for popping in on our diary Conor, hope you're still doing well :)

I did actually order some psyllium husks a couple of weeks ago, but I find them really disgusting to take, and so far, it hasn't made any difference in my...errr...'regularity'...:(
I'd be interested to know how other people take it (in drinks, shakes, meals etc) and how much/often everyone has. My instructions said 2 heaped teaspoons twice a day in a glass of water or juice (obviously we can't have the juice though).

Maybe I'll start trying it again, just to give it one last chance!

Another pretty run of the mill week here! I think we're both back in the swing of TS now that AAM week is over. I'm feeling pretty focussed towards Christmas now, since my works do is only four weeks away on Saturday! It'd be lovely to be under 13st 7 by then (I'm currently 4st 2 - as of last Sunday), so if I can get into the 13s by this Sunday then I might stand a fair chance! (daren't hope for any more! :eek:)

Other than that, nothing much has been happening. There's a man here at the moment (not The Man ;)) installing a cable so that I can watch my Sky TV upstairs in the bedroom(I have no TV signal up there since the digital switchover).
Is it really bad to be VERY excited about it?!! I can't wait for loads of early nights in bed catching up with things on my planner....Maybe I need to get out more? ;)

Hope everyone is doing well x

Conor

Psyllium husk has been the saviour of many a VLCD! I use it now in maintenance in protein shakes and soups.

I buy online from HEALTHSPAN. Way cheaper than £20 per kilo and free postage, too.

It'd be lovely to be under 13st 7 by then (I'm currently 4st 2 - as of last Sunday), so if I can get into the 13s by this Sunday then I might stand a fair chance! (daren't hope for any more! :eek:)

4st 2, I want your diet ;)

We have the same goal, I'm just under 14st now and in 4 weeks on the 9th is my Christmas do. I hope to be in the 12's never mind 13st 7 hehe

Glad you're back in the swing of it. :D xx

Back