Total Solution Double Trouble...The Exante Duo!

Aww thanks everyone!
I've now been eating proper food for nearly a week, and I've already gained 5lbs (it was 6 yesterday but I somehow lost a lb overnight :)).
I know some of that will be down to fluids and carbs, but it really did freak me out at first seeing the numbers going up like that :eek:

I know it isn't great news to be gaining weight, but I do feel like something has changed within me since starting Exante. Normally when I'm off-plan, I go into complete self-sabbotage mode - anything and everything goes into my mouth, and I feel that eating a 'healthy' meal is a waste because I want to take advantage of the freedom that being diet-free brings me.

Not this time though - I feel very conscious of what's going into my mouth, and the way it makes me feel (sluggish, fat and bloated mostly). That doesn't mean that I haven't been indulging - I definitely have, but I'm not shutting my eyes to the consequences this time.

Another difference is that I haven't really been craving fatty/stodgy food as much as I usually do, although we've indulged a few times hence the 5lb weight gain! Fish seems to be my latest obsession (salmon mostly) and I've been eating quite a bit of veg, which I normally steer clear of when the shackles are off!

I've given myself a limit of around 13st 11lb for my Christmas gain (I was 13st 1lb last Friday). Hopefully I can manage to enjoy the festivities without getting any heavier than that, but I guess I'll cope with whatever happens and deal with it in the New Year.

Hope everyone else is having a good week, and that you're all prepared tor Christmas!
x

Your both doin brilliant keep it up, its interesting reading.

\all the best.:D

weight.png

That's not bad Hun ur doing well, also think it's mostly fluids so it'll be gone soon. Enjoy chick I cannot wait as I'm off plan Saturday ;-) x x

Merry Christmas to you both. Thanks for your support, have a great time xx

Thanks Precious/Ali :D And thanks for your support too :)

Well since my last post, I seem to have lost a lot of the control I was talking about :( It was all going so well to start with - I was checking my weight every day, keeping a lid on my food intake, and things seemed to be under control. And then one day (before Christmas day) I got on the scales to see 13 stone 10lbs, which was about 3 or 4lbs heavier than I'd been the day before, and I couldn't understand why.
But anyway, instead of taking it on the chin and cutting back the following day, I thought sod it! There's no way I'm going to stay under 14 stone, never mind 13 stone 11 when I've got another two weeks of eating to go, so I might as well forget this....and since then, I've eaten everything and anything and haven't even looked at the scales :( I know I've put a LOT of weight on, because my jeans feel tight, and I none of my going out clothes seem to fit properly (resulting in some full-scale meltdowns when I've been trying to get ready).

The plan at the moment is to get back on Exante on the 9th January, and I can't really see it happening before then, given that I've got a house full of food and a few things planned. I'm just hoping that the excess weight comes off as quickly as it went on, otherwise I'm going to be facing a long road ahead in the New Year.
I just can't wait to get some control back and start feeling good about myself again, because all this food really isn't helping.

On a positive note, I think I'm learning a lot about myself at the moment, and about my relationship with food. Even though I know I will have gained at least a stone, probably more, I also know I have to face it, and I can't shut my brain off from that like I used to be able to. Now, I feel like my appearance, wellbeing and health comes first, but before, food was everything and I could bury my head in the sand about the rest....so I suppose that's progress!!!

Anyway, sorry for the self-indulgent, rambling post....I'll leave things on a cheerier note and wish all of you a very happy, healthy and sucessful new year :D

Awwww Alex, don't beat yourself up about it, this is all a learning curve. I have gone bersek around food and I am so cross with myself!
I think if I stood on the outside watching me eat I would be thinking "you pig" the way I have scoffed my way through the chocolate log or Christmas cake when I was already full is shameful. But, like you said it has taught me a LOT about me and my relationship with food hence my new purchase, a motivational book! I hope it works. It's more about the mind than a diet book I think. I can't wait for it to come so I can see what it's all about :)

Happy New Year to you both, and a very healthy and slim one for us all xx

DON'T beat yourself up, Alex. Instead look at how far you have come and remember this is one foot in front of the other until you get there and you will. As I read somewhere (here?) recently, it's not what you do between Christmas and New Year that matters but what you do between New Year and Christmas so lets just get on with it. Have a wonderful 2012!

KB xx

As I read somewhere (here?) recently, it's not what you do between Christmas and New Year that matters but what you do between New Year and Christmas.

I like that xx

Hi Alex, I'm amazed at the photos. Congrats on a tremendous achievement ( and your man's ). Hoping to join you soon on the Exante train.

Best Wishes,

Conor

Thanks for your kind words Conor :D
I'll be back on the Exante wagon by the end of this weekend, ready to undo some of the damage! And although I'm not looking forward to the harsh days until ketosis kicks in, I really can't wait to get this weight off, once and for all.

It's my first day back in work today, and I can really tell how much weight I've gained because my work trousers are really uncomfortable. These are ones that I nearly threw out a few weeks ago because they were hanging off me!
So the plan this week is to cut right back on the huge portions, and the copious amounts of chocolate and treats, in preparation for re-starting on Sunday.

I did have a sneaky look at the scales a few days ago, and the result was not good....14 stone 0.75lbs, so a gain of all but a stone :( And it could be much worse by now, because I've done nothing but eat and drink over these last few days....
Ah well, what's done is done....onwards and downwards from this weekend onwards!

Alex, look back, how delighted would you have been not that long ago to be 14 something? You have come so far and I know you can do this. Good luck with the restart,

KB x

OMG Alex! U have dne amazingly well. I remember when u & the man joined & hw motivated u were! I wish i had that willpower then...
So were bk nw cos its wht we need to b fit & fab!
U kick butt girl & gt bk onto that Exante wagon its hard but will b so worth it.
Im on day 2 2dy @ so far so good!
* Big hugs*
sent from my iphone using Minimins

Alex, look back, how delighted would you have been not that long ago to be 14 something? You have come so far and I know you can do this. Good luck with the restart,

KB x

I can always rely on you to talk some sense into me KB :D You're absolutely right - this time last year I was probably over 16 stone, so I shouldn't lose sight of that.
I'm just hoping that the Christmas weight is as quick coming off as it was going on!

OMG Alex! U have dne amazingly well. I remember when u & the man joined & hw motivated u were! I wish i had that willpower then...
So were bk nw cos its wht we need to b fit & fab!
U kick butt girl & gt bk onto that Exante wagon its hard but will b so worth it.
Im on day 2 2dy @ so far so good!
* Big hugs*
sent from my iphone using Minimins

Thanks Kay!! Yeah, September seems so long ago now! I'm so glad I decided to start Exante, and that I managed to stick it out for that long.
Christmas has been a bit of a blip, but The Man and I talked about it and we knew we wanted to take an extended break, so I can't really complain about the weight gain (after all, nobody stuffed all that pizza and chocolate into my mouth, did they ;)!?)
Good luck with the rest of your first week! I'll be joining you all back on the wagon after this weekend!
x

Can't believe how quickly I'm gaining weight at the moment...it really is depressing :( I haven't exactly been pigging out over the past few days (well, not most of the time) but I'm still gaining roughly 1lb per day :( At this rate I'm looking at a gain of probably about 24lbs over Christmas, which is just disgusting.
It's so disheartening to think that the first few weeks back on Exante will be spent re-losing this Christmas gain (although it's still reassuring to think that I'm lighter than I was this time last year).
The most annoying thing is that it hasn't really been worth it at all - especially the past few days. I should've just thrown out all the Christmas food, because instead of wasting the food in the bin, it's now wasted in my fat, sluggish, bloated body.

I just that when I get to goal I remember this feeling and learn from it. Christmas is great, but the problem is that there's soooo much food on offer, and so many social occasions, that none of the food actually feels like a treat. I'm hoping that once I get to maintenance, I'll be able to eat sensible portions of healthy food the majority of the time, so that going for a meal or having a take-away will actually feel like a well deserved treat, rather than just another binge in a long line of binges...

Anyway, that's enough of that. I'm starting to bore myself with my self pitying rambles! After all, there's only only one person to blame!
x

I agree Alex, food thrown in the bin is a waste but if I ate it, what a waste! It only adds to what I already needed to lose. It's not the few days over Christmas or New Year that are the real problem but all the food left over the following weeks and what we actually do with it.

It's all a learning curve albeit a steep one at times. Someone told me once (in my one of many conversations about diet and eating) if you can imagine sitting in front of a mirror while you eat you would change the way and amount you eat. Didn't work on me at the time lol but, I definitely have a different relationship around food these days and I don't nag my son to clear his plate!

If we took a leaf out of kids' books they seem to know when they are full until they get to an age when habit takes over and they end up like us!
It's never too late to break a habit or to learn new ones.

Sorry if I took over a bit and waffled but I hope I make sense. Have a great day and a fantastic fresh start for you and your OH xx

You're always welcome to waffle on our diary Ali, and what you're saying does make a lot of sense. This Christmas has been a diet distaster for me, but I really have been learning a lot about food and what it means to me. I just hope that next time I stop Exante (hopefully when I'm at goal!) I'll be well and truly prepared!

Well, we've faced up to the scales (not good news) the tickers are adjusted, the signature is updated, and we're ready to take the Exante bull by the horns again....well not quite - we're having one last day of eating, but today's weigh in is our starting point so we can't go too mad!

I think I've probably said all there is to say about the Christmas diet disaster, and the tickers speak for themselves, so I'm not going to ramble on any more or wallow in self pity.
What's done is done, and now I just want to focus on losing those pesky Christmas lbs and get this blummin job done once and for all!

All I hope is that we both have a really good result in our first week again. Ideally I'd like 10lbs off to get me back under 14st but I think that's wishful thinking for a 6 day week! I lost 16lbs in my first week last time, but I think my body is probably getting wise to this Exante malarkey by now, and I doubt it'll be so keen to let go of the lbs this time!!

Whatever happens, at least I know it'll be in a downwards, not an upwards direction, which is good enough for me! :D

Great attitude, Alex (and The Man) I, too, am restarting things tomorrow so hopefully this time next week we'll be in a better place head-wise. Good luck!

KB x

Back